Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Gillett on fans anger and backstabs Rafa

Read 9890 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Re: Gillett: Why are fans angry with me?
      Reply #23: Feb 02, 2009 09:40:21 pm
      Dear Mr Gillett,

If you wish to know why fans are angry with you it's quite simple. You, and your business partner are a pair of lying c**ts that have bitten off more than you can chew. Now do a Robbie, and get out before your valuation drops as quick as Ronaldo after a tackle.

Regards

:kop5cf8koxp6:

Well said mate.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #24: Feb 02, 2009 09:45:14 pm
      The longer that their ownership of our club continues, the further detached from the real world they become.I personally despise them not for being American, but for the lies that have come from them from the moment of takeover to the present day.I don't give a toss what is happening at other clubs, I want

a new 70,000 seater stadium as we were promised so that more of us can get to the games more reguarly
      All debt removed from the club that was put there to enable their purchase to be completed
      total support for our manager and playing staff to enable them to fulfill their roles at the club
      respect for the fans and the traditions of our great club
      and if possible, a proper chief executive who can do the job .
      Gillette if either you and/or Hicks can achieve these all well and good, if as I suspect you cannot, then do us all a favour(including yourselves) and fu*k off back to America and let someone else have a go.If you do this I can promise you that the fans won't be angry with you any more.
      panos
      • fan from GREECE
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      • panos from Greece
      Reply #25: Feb 02, 2009 09:45:32 pm
      at this period of time only arabs and some russians have money... my greek team,panathinaikos, has many owners. the most powerful of them has money from dubai.
      i agree.....in rafa we trust!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2009 10:10:03 pm
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2009 10:12:58 pm

“He claimed they had spent £100m on the stadium so far and were still working with designers, architects and planners.

£100m on the 'new' stadium haha does anyone see the new stadium half done. Them new weeds are coming through nicley i must say
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Re: Gillett on fans anger and backstabs Rafa
      Reply #28: Feb 02, 2009 10:49:58 pm
      I don't live near the area, so what is actually happening on the intended land?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #29: Feb 02, 2009 10:51:20 pm
      I don't live near the area, so what is actually happening on the intended land?

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?board=21.0
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2009 10:55:25 pm
      You know, I'd rather have who we got than some Ridiculously rich fool coming in and trying to make our club a circus!  You wont be able to bully these Arabian investment groups I can assure you that.  They will simply say "ef off" and do whatever the hell they want.  All things considered, I am enjoying the football right now and think that some fans need to get their priorities straight,   If they really knew how to run a club they should go get a job doing it  otherwise..... be a fan and celebrate a fantastic win.   these guys maybe douches but at least they arne'nt changing the club into a "jersey selling business"  like man shitty and co.     and I dont give a sh*t if anyone gets upset by this but the whole "Yank" thing is ignorant.  Its greedy business men, there are plenty of them in every country including Great Britain, so please try not to make it about being American, it sounds stupid.
      im guessing your American !! using words like douche isn't going to help your cause at the end of the day they see liverpool fans like hockey and American football fans we care about our club much more the Yanks are trying to run it like its a business they just want money the same story with most Americans pure greed
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2009 11:33:02 pm
      Are you so naive to think An Arab INVESTMENT group isn't going to run it like a business?!!?   Anyone with that much money Runs things like a business.  They don't understand liverpool fans anymore or less than Some wealthy Prince from Dubai, or wherever your dream owner comes from.  Furthermore, "Liverpool Fans" as you say don't come in a nice cookie cut mold - there are millions all over the world  and I'll bet you a large amount of them enjoy hockey, American football, or playing go fish - regardless, they still love the club.  You share your mentality with hicks and gillet; Thinking that everyone thinks like you and anyone who doesn't is wrong.   Saying "Most American are greedy"  is quite a statement.  I have a lot of family and friends who live in your great Country, I hope they don't run into people like you who spit they're ignorant venom around expecting people to buy it.  Either way, I'm sure your a young kid (if not then you should be embarrassed)  I encourage you to travel sometime and see for yourself Just how filthy and greedy ( and Fat ) us americans are.   I am proud to be an American and I am proud to be a liverpool Supporter  So if you have any sort of real passion inside you I am sure you can relate with how upsetting it is to hear someone speak ill of something you love.        Anyhow back to football  my rant is done.   
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2009 11:47:03 pm

What kind of a person is Gillet, if he has to end a discussion by changing tack and diverting blame away from himself by inferring Rafa's responsible for losing the top spot?

Spineless

God only knows what Rafa really thinks of these clowns.....

Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2009 11:48:23 pm
      Firstly I'm 18 not a kid,And secondly when did i mention Arab owners i would hate that i have pledged my support for a foundation called shareliverpool fc heard of it ? at the moment we are trying to launch a joint venture bid with intrested parties  and for your information most of my family live in chicago so i have been to America many times and i have seen what i have seen fisthand a lack of understanding in how to support any teams !! and i have nothing against American sports its just they can get away running it businesslike because there is no fan power but gillet and hicks have learned that they cant bully us even if we were to get Arabs at least they understand the game of ''Soccer'' i know its not your fault your a yank but the one thing you cant do is go supporting them just cause there American and bye the way I'm Irish !!
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2009 11:48:48 pm
      true - be interesting to hear what he really has to say about them after they aren't signing his checks anymore... 
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #35: Feb 03, 2009 12:00:09 am
      Are you so naive to think An Arab INVESTMENT group isn't going to run it like a business?!!?   Anyone with that much money Runs things like a business.  They don't understand liverpool fans anymore or less than Some wealthy Prince from Dubai, or wherever your dream owner comes from.  Furthermore, "Liverpool Fans" as you say don't come in a nice cookie cut mold - there are millions all over the world  and I'll bet you a large amount of them enjoy hockey, American football, or playing go fish - regardless, they still love the club.  You share your mentality with hicks and gillet; Thinking that everyone thinks like you and anyone who doesn't is wrong.   Saying "Most American are greedy"  is quite a statement.  I have a lot of family and friends who live in your great Country, I hope they don't run into people like you who spit they're ignorant venom around expecting people to buy it.  Either way, I'm sure your a young kid (if not then you should be embarrassed)  I encourage you to travel sometime and see for yourself Just how filthy and greedy ( and Fat ) us americans are.   I am proud to be an American and I am proud to be a liverpool Supporter  So if you have any sort of real passion inside you I am sure you can relate with how upsetting it is to hear someone speak ill of something you love.        Anyhow back to football  my rant is done.   

These American investors don't understand how close football supporters hold the team to their heart, or how to operate a world class football team. Football is not like the NBA or NFL, your success is in direct correlation with your owners, without a salary cap your team is only as deep as your owners pockets. When teams don't have the money they need in football they have to sell players and face relegation, In America revenue sharing, salary caps, drafts and free agency create a constant turnover in players, and in which teams are successful.

Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #36: Feb 03, 2009 12:02:20 am
      These American investors don't understand how close football supporters hold the team to their heart, or how to operate a world class football team. Football is not like the NBA or NFL, your success is in direct correlation with your owners, without a salary cap your team is only as deep as your owners pockets. When teams don't have the money they need in football they have to sell players and face relegation, In America revenue sharing, salary caps, drafts and free agency create a constant turnover in players, and in which teams are successful.

thats what i said but you put it in a nicer way !!
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #37: Feb 03, 2009 12:50:26 am
      Too clear things up - I hate american football more than you I am sure - I have to deal with these people all the time and it sickens me  - loads of American sports fans are fickle and have little understanding - I've been playing football my whole life and it's not easy being playing a sport that is mocked and misunderstood in the states so your preaching to the choir.  but I am not gonna sit back and listen to someone tell me That most Americans are greedy!  Thats Pathetic.    ---I appreciate the explanation of how sports work in America---- but that is not the discussion.  I'm just not gonna sit back and let someone bad mouth my country.  And I've been supporting this team WAY before Gillet and Hicks came along     so change your tone on your posts and Redirect your anger towards something worth while.                 

I think they are schmucks but its not because they are American its because they're Schmucky people.  And Greed doesn't start and stop at the Atlantic ocean.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2009 01:04:23 am
      What kind of a person is Gillet, if he has to end a discussion by changing tack and diverting blame away from himself by inferring Rafa's responsible for losing the top spot?

Spineless

God only knows what Rafa really thinks of these clowns.....

Well said mate. That's what I thought when I first read it.

I suppose the blatant bare faced lies made him feel a tiny bit uncomfortable yet it a prompted him to get the last word in. A sign of panic that he was well and truly found out once again.

Gillett is without doubt the most sinister - it was his idea to bring Hicks in.

keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2009 01:19:45 am
      gillets comments show he hasnt got a clue about football biggerst load of **** i've heard in my life sell up you yank ****
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2009 10:28:28 am
      £100m on the 'new' stadium haha does anyone see the new stadium half done. Them new weeds are coming through nicley i must say

I could spend 10 pence and get as much done as they have.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2009 10:37:33 am

Few things jumped out at me in this:

1. Are the Yanks not running us like a business?

2. Western countries are indeed full of greedy bas**rds making decisions based on themselves way before anyone else (I'm in Australia, I can admit it)

3. What has his age got to do with it? Sick to f**king death of people using this as an excuse. Well done, your older now enjoy the rest of your precious years. A 60 year old saying, 'Liverpool have taken a backward step under Rafa' or a 10 year old saying 'Look at our progress, we have shown constant progress and no compete', decide which one makes more sense. Stupid point TBH.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2009 10:43:10 am
      An Arabic investment company would invest in the team, believe it or not. This would mean more transfer funds for Rafa, and he could buy the players he wanted to, which would in turn bring success, which is what we want, and success would bring the owners money, which is what they want.

Or I could be talking out of my arse.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2009 11:00:19 am
      An Arabic investment company would invest in the team, believe it or not. This would mean more transfer funds for Rafa, and he could buy the players he wanted to, which would in turn bring success, which is what we want, and success would bring the owners money, which is what they want.

Or I could be talking out of my arse.

Most intellectual colon i have ever come across.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2009 11:46:57 am
      Too clear things up - I hate american football more than you I am sure - I have to deal with these people all the time and it sickens me  - loads of American sports fans are fickle and have little understanding - I've been playing football my whole life and it's not easy being playing a sport that is mocked and misunderstood in the states so your preaching to the choir.  but I am not gonna sit back and listen to someone tell me That most Americans are greedy!  Thats Pathetic.    ---I appreciate the explanation of how sports work in America---- but that is not the discussion.  I'm just not gonna sit back and let someone bad mouth my country.  And I've been supporting this team WAY before Gillet and Hicks came along     so change your tone on your posts and Redirect your anger towards something worth while.                 

I think they are schmucks but its not because they are American its because they're Schmucky people.  And Greed doesn't start and stop at the Atlantic ocean.
      No ono can deny my friend that America is the universal hub of capitalism and a number of people have pointed out the same in a not very complimentary way.I hear what your saying about supporting LFC and can only congratulate you on your fine judgement,what you have to understand is the depth of feeling here and the different concepts we have in our respective countries regarding sport based loyalty.
                                                                                                                                                                 Having had experience first hand of "soccer" in America and seen how it is way down on the preferred list of of sports,more popular sports are baseball,American football and basketball I felt that the support base for these sports was synthetic and tutored.That is in direct contradiction to the support institutions we have in place in the UK they have stood for generations in some cases their is a secular agenda and a fierce sense of loyalty.
                                                                                                                                      That is a general picture picture of football loyalties in the UK -  then there is LFC even in this country it is acknowledged that they are the most loyal, patriotic  supporters in the country,given this I am sure you can appreciate the almost animal defence mechanisms that come into play when the object of their loyalty is threatened with being totally dismantled or changed beyond all recognition,you understand its nothing personal but I doubt if Hicks & co. have any idea what they're dealing with commercially or in human sense.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2009 12:03:06 pm
      What George says sounds like total crap to me. From the 1st point when he claimed he was shocked that the fans hated him it is utter bullshite. Does he even get on forums to know about how we feel. Is he that illiterate not to read what the press produces, and does he even not know of the protestors and hard feelings against him? And suddenly when McKenna approaches him its as though its his first time hearing that the fans hate him. C**t.

Quick Reply