Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hicks Yesterday

Read 1563 times
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Hicks Yesterday
      Feb 01, 2009 02:59:19 pm
      A little tale.......
      Yesterday I was in the Malmaison in Liverpool  meeting a friend, and gazing around there seemed to by a lot of Spanish and Americans about. Also mingling about were some quite evident security staff.
      Low and behold the two American siting adjacent too me were Hick's Jr. & Gillette Jr. with two very affluent looking Spanish guys, deep in conversation.
      When who worked through the doors but the whole of the Chelsea squad, and both Jr's didn't even look up, like they didn't know who they were?
      About an hour later about 18 other Americans arrived in exec people carriers and they were all part of the Hick's / Gillett entourage, no wonder there expenses for last year to LFC were in excess of £2 million quid.
      All the Chelsea squad disappear up to their respective rooms and who turns up but Big Tom himself (not three feet away from me) and joins the two boys. All were then deep in conversation.
      The point of this story is, why the hell Parry and Moores couldn't see through Hick's when they first met him, because I could straight away.
      He's just a money grabbin extremely wealth Texan, out to make as much profit as he can from this "franchise" and that fact is oozing from every pore in his body.
      It's part of my job to evaluate people very quickly, why oh why couldn't Parry and Moores see what I could see, it beggars belief.
      Anyway, two or three hours spent scrutinising the LFC senior management was most revealing.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2009 06:05:41 pm by JD, Reason: Title changed - his surname\'s Hicks. »
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Re: Hick's Yesterday
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2009 03:06:49 pm
      Hicks and gillet have no heart for Liverpool they just came here to make money not to help us to fund big tansfers. The sooner they leave the better
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2009 03:08:09 pm
      Shows that he is not even a fan of "soccer" but purly as you say. A money grabber
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2009 03:40:39 pm
      A little tale.......
      Yesterday I was in the Malmaison in Liverpool  meeting a friend, and gazing around there seemed to by a lot of Spanish and Americans about. Also mingling about were some quite evident security staff.
      Low and behold the two American siting adjacent too me were Hick's Jr. & Gillette Jr. with two very affluent looking Spanish guys, deep in conversation.
      When who worked through the doors but the whole of the Chelsea squad, and both Jr's didn't even look up, like they didn't know who they were?
      About an hour later about 18 other Americans arrived in exec people carriers and they were all part of the Hick's / Gillett entourage, no wonder there expenses for last year to LFC were in excess of £2 million quid.
      All the Chelsea squad disappear up to their respective rooms and who turns up but Big Tom himself (not three feet away from me) and joins the two boys. All were then deep in conversation.
      The point of this story is, why the hell Parry and Moores couldn't see through Hick's when they first met him, because I could straight away.
      He's just a money grabbin extremely wealth Texan, out to make as much profit as he can from this "franchise" and that fact is oozing from every pore in his body.
      It's part of my job to evaluate people very quickly, why oh why couldn't Parry and Moores see what I could see, it beggars belief.
      Anyway, two or three hours spent scrutinising the LFC senior management was most revealing.

Surprised you didn't see Rafa. They (Hicks and Rafa) were having lunch yesterday.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2009 04:38:07 pm
      with all due respect, that opening post is a waste of space. it is so full of assumptions and innuendo and very light on anything factual.

just one example is your assumption that everything there is being expensed to LFC....maybe it is, maybe it isn't but it is quite outrageous to just ASSUME that it is without any facts to back it up.

what did you hear said? anything of value to us fans?

if not then this thread is valueless.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: Hicks Yesterday
      Reply #5: Feb 02, 2009 02:46:47 am
      with all due respect, that opening post is a waste of space. it is so full of assumptions and innuendo and very light on anything factual.

just one example is your assumption that everything there is being expensed to LFC....maybe it is, maybe it isn't but it is quite outrageous to just ASSUME that it is without any facts to back it up.

Plenty of value for us lot

Jesus what are you a solitictor or something, he's absolutely right about the expenses statement too and he's just trying to say in a polite way, Our Yank owners are cu*ts
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Feb 02, 2009 02:53:35 am
      Of course they know who chelsea are..........they're the blue soccer guys y'all !! :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #7: Feb 02, 2009 03:00:57 am
      yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaw

and I see Nando's celebration is already being copied by some American footballer.

No style these yanks!!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #8: Feb 02, 2009 11:48:41 am
      A little tale.......

Just a thought......
      Could the two spanish looking guys have been Arabs
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2009 01:02:26 pm

The actual spoken word at this mega fest is irrelevant as neilh points out the burning issue is somebody stumps up for their obscene extravagance and the most likely source would be LFC.They could just as well have stayed in the US of A for their sum contribution to the club all the visits promote is negative speculation ,gourmet delights for Hicks,Gillete their entourage and uncle Tom Cobbly and all  and further the mystery surrounding Rafa's contract negotiations. Their absence it now transpires is of benefit to the clubs finances and administrative operations and should be encouraged.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #10: Feb 02, 2009 01:24:51 pm
      Just a thought......
      Could the two spanish looking guys have been Arabs

God I hope so. ::)
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #11: Feb 02, 2009 04:19:30 pm
      What I have taken from the last few days, including my chance encounter with Hick's & Co. is the most appalling body language between Hick's and Gillett, I never guessed for one moment their relationship had broken down so far.  The way in which both respective co-owners sat appart during the game, for all to see. Hick's was lunching with Rafa on Saturday, why wasn't it Hick's and Gillett. Why couldn't they, for the sake of everybody sit within spitting distance of one another, instead their respective ego's prevail, to the cost of everybody involved with the club.
      Did anybody read the SOS interview with Gillett, I was gobsmacked at his tirade against Rafa, has the f***in clown not learnt a jot about the British media. The arrogance and disregard for our clubs great standing doesn't mean two fucks to these money grabbin tw*ts.
      I am truly astounded

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/02/02/george-gillett-why-are-liverpool-fc-fans-so-angry-with-me-100252-22834471/

Quick Reply