Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Next Liverpool Manager, who do you want?

Kenny Dalglish
      (44.4%)
      Roy Hodgson
      (10.5%)
      Martin ONeill
      (2.6%)
      Sven Goran Eriksson
      (1.3%)
      Mark Hughes
      (0.7%)
      Frank Rijkaard
      (7.9%)
      Louis van Gaal
      (7.2%)
      Somebody else
      (25.3%)

Who could be the next Liverpool manager?

Read 276254 times
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: Who could be the next Liverpool manager?
      Reply #2576: Jun 29, 2010 09:52:10 pm
      And no Chico Banderas, those who are happy with Hodgson's appointment have not been spoonfed by the media into thinking he's a good manager.

I wouldn't expect people to admit to their sheep-like tendencies.. *sighs*..
      My point being, without the recent media fellatio given to "Woy" by the press, his true credentials would be more evident..
      Being a nice guy and potential "yes man" SHOULDN'T get you a look in at a club like ours..
      I've noticed the pro "Roy's" keep saying its unfair to give him such criticism before he's started??? I can only go by the team he formerly managed, the kind of football he played and his general CV.. He's not good enough to maintain the level of football we've become accustomed too..
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #2577: Jun 29, 2010 09:54:31 pm
      Roy Hodgson's appointment is imminent and as much as i would prefer a higher calibre manager such as Pelligrini or Dagleish it hasn't happened.Now I've been on this forum for months and browsing it for longer and since i've been here the most controversial debate has involved our manager.

Now there is alot off negativity surrounding his appointment.But i'm going to give him a chance and back him from day one.There seems to be alot of people who will be more than happy to criticise and write him off before being given a fair crack off the whip.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2578: Jun 29, 2010 10:02:41 pm
      Roy Hodgson's appointment is imminent and as much as I would prefer a higher calibre manager such as Pelligrini or Dagleish it hasn't happened.Now I've been on this forum for months and browsing it for longer and since I've been here the most controversial debate has involved our manager.

Now there is alot off negativity surrounding his appointment.But I'm going to give him a chance and back him from day one.There seems to be alot of people who will be more than happy to criticise and write him off before being given a fair crack off the whip.

It's Dalglish It's on the top of the page!!

Just had a thought, if and when Hodgson is presented to the Press, will Hicks get off his fat arse and make an effort to come over here, or will Hodgson have to fly to Texas, to a cardboard mock-up of Anfield to be presented?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2579: Jun 29, 2010 10:04:48 pm
      I'm sure once he is announced we may get the odd Halmstad fan joining the forum.

Telling us how he made them the Swedish champions 35 years ago.

And there will be much rejoicing.

Hahaha!

Doubt there'll be anyone from one of the 4 or 5 clubs he got sacked from!
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #2580: Jun 29, 2010 10:06:45 pm
      It's Dalglish It's on the top of the page!!
      Sorry was typing in a rush having a bit of a chinese here spelling wouldn't exactly be my forte.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2581: Jun 29, 2010 10:07:33 pm
      So, Roy Hodgson did a good job at Fulham with limited resources.  Did he?  He's had more money to spend than Rafa in the same period of time.

He will have a better squad to work with at Anfield.  Will he?  Take away Stevie, Nando and Masch he's left with scraps, with the exception of Pepe.

He will reorganise the team and get them playing better football.  How?  He will have no money to spend, we have a defense that can't defend or are past it, we have no attacking options and our only bright prospect in midfield is Aquilani.  

I'm sure that he has been told he will have unlimited funds to spend, after all Hicks did promise us a "massive summer of transfers".

For a man of his integrity I can't for the life of me understand why he wants the job, he must believe that things are not as bad as the press have been making out and that he has a chance to make a name for himself before he retires.  

I can only wish him the very best of luck and to be honest I doubt he will still be with us at Christmas.  He won't hack being treated like Rafa did, he won't bite back like Rafa did, he will just walk away once he realises he was fed a pack of lies.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #2582: Jun 29, 2010 10:08:36 pm
      Sorry was typing in a rush having a bit of a chinese here spelling wouldn't exactly be my forte.

Your forgiven. ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2583: Jun 29, 2010 10:09:37 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #2584: Jun 29, 2010 10:14:49 pm
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2585: Jun 29, 2010 10:19:32 pm
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #2586: Jun 29, 2010 10:26:47 pm
      From Rafa to Hodgson
      One Giant step for Roy
      One Giant leap backwards for Liverpool.
      Good luck Woy. Lets hope you do a good job otherwise you may be looking for another job for christmas.
      I will give him my support, if he gets the job as expected, but will reserve judgement on his ability.
      I was hoping for pellegrini never mind
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #2587: Jun 29, 2010 10:31:00 pm
      So, Roy Hodgson did a good job at Fulham with limited resources.  Did he?  He's had more money to spend than Rafa in the same period of time.

He will have a better squad to work with at Anfield.  Will he?  Take away Stevie, Nando and Masch he's left with scraps, with the exception of Pepe.

He will reorganise the team and get them playing better football.  How?  He will have no money to spend, we have a defense that can't defend or are past it, we have no attacking options and our only bright prospect in midfield is Aquilani. 

I'm sure that he has been told he will have unlimited funds to spend, after all Hicks did promise us a "massive summer of transfers".

For a man of his integrity I can't for the life of me understand why he wants the job, he must believe that things are not as bad as the press have been making out and that he has a chance to make a name for himself before he retires. 

I can only wish him the very best of luck and to be honest I doubt he will still be with us at Christmas.  He won't hack being treated like Rafa did, he won't bite back like Rafa did, he will just walk away once he realises he was fed a pack of lies.

My thoughts exactly!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #2588: Jun 29, 2010 10:49:06 pm
      I did read the other day about Hodgson wanting money for players before he'll commit himself to LFC, at least he knows we need strengthening so I suppose it means no money no Hodgson. He'll never get it.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2589: Jun 29, 2010 10:57:06 pm
      So, Roy Hodgson did a good job at Fulham with limited resources.  Did he?  He's had more money to spend than Rafa in the same period of time.

He will have a better squad to work with at Anfield.  Will he?  Take away Stevie, Nando and Masch he's left with scraps, with the exception of Pepe.

He will reorganise the team and get them playing better football.  How?  He will have no money to spend, we have a defense that can't defend or are past it, we have no attacking options and our only bright prospect in midfield is Aquilani. 

Im not sure what your saying here...

I'm not convinced about Roy having more money to spend than Rafa over the same period... Unless your going to go on about Net Spend (my views on this remain the same - if you sell a player for 10Million and replace him with a player that cost 10Million and is crap, you have still spent 10million on a crap player!)... Im sure he hasent made the BIG signings (+15Million) like Rafa.

He will have a better squad. We have a stronger squad than Fulham in almost all positions, in fact can you name 3 players they have that would walk in to our 1st 11..?

He will recognise the team. Better than a boss who played with 1 up top at home against stoke... Players playing in there positions.

Why are we all bsing so negative. Roy has done a great job at Fulham. I know he is not the champaigne manager we all wanted, but he is English, knows the English game, has done well on what budget he has been given, and made some shrewd transfers. He also has got players to eclipse there previous potiential.

I for one will support any manager at the helm, im also pleased we have one with experiance in this league and who has the motivation to win things.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2590: Jun 29, 2010 10:59:14 pm
      I thought it was our unique support of our manager which was one of the reasons which set Liverpool fans apart from the rest.

Reading some of the degrading comments about Hodgson on this page though, maybe I was wrong after all.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #2591: Jun 29, 2010 11:12:21 pm
      That is pretty true you know, like most I'm skeptical about the appointment but some have just been personally abusing him, which is pretty disrespectful to one of the few gentlemen in modern football, If he's willing to take on such a mammoth task that is this appointment then fair play he deserves some praise for courage alone.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2592: Jun 29, 2010 11:31:40 pm
      Hodgson to be announced in the next 48 hours. Well done Rafa bashers. Watch this now, you think you had it bad? ;D.
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #2593: Jun 29, 2010 11:33:15 pm
      If ROY isto be our new manager we should all be  behind him one hundred per cent. Iwas a fan when Phil Taylor was manager we sacked him and got a knobhead called SHANKLY we didnt know that this appointment would change this club forever.So instead of whinging lets unify and give our new manager who ever he turns out to be our full and unconditional support
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #2594: Jun 29, 2010 11:34:21 pm
      I thought it was our unique support of our manager which was one of the reasons which set Liverpool fans apart from the rest.

Reading some of the degrading comments about Hodgson on this page though, maybe I was wrong after all.

Lookin at his CV and the football played by his "Former" team i should be allowed to say he's not good enough for us..
      We are Liverpool fans, we ARE unique and the majority of us are NOT sheep.
      It doesn't matter how much of a gentleman he is or how much the papers speak highly of him, his credentials are severely inept on paper..
      How the hell can you be so concerned about his feelings already..??? His feelings right now should be the least of our concerns.. His appointment, why he got appointed and by who are to me more of a concern.. The pro Hogson camp need to do a little bit more than mentioning how unfair it is on Roy..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2595: Jun 29, 2010 11:35:08 pm
      That is pretty true you know, like most I'm skeptical about the appointment but some have just been personally abusing him, which is pretty disrespectful to one of the few gentlemen in modern football, If he's willing to take on such a mammoth task that is this appointment then fair play he deserves some praise for courage alone.

Exactly.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2596: Jun 29, 2010 11:38:02 pm
      If ROY isto be our new manager we should all be  behind him one hundred per cent. Iwas a fan when Phil Taylor was manager we sacked him and got a knobhead called SHANKLY we didnt know that this appointment would change this club forever.So instead of whinging lets unify and give our new manager who ever he turns out to be our full and unconditional support

As I said, I'll give whoever the next manager if my full backing, but like Benitez before them, they'll have to EARN my respect.  I don't care about what they've done in the past, I care about what they do for the club.  But in supporting a new manager, I will tacitly make it clear I am not supporting the arseholes that are killing OUR club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2597: Jun 29, 2010 11:38:47 pm
      Lookin at his CV and the football played by his "Former" team I should be allowed to say he's not good enough for us..
      It doesn't matter how much of a gentleman he is or how much the papers speak highly of him, his credentials are severely inept on paper..
      How the hell can you be so concerned about his feelings already..??? His feelings right now should be the least of our concerns.. His appointment, why he got appointed and by who are to me more of a concern.. The pro Hogson camp need to do a little bit more than mentioning how unfair it is on Roy..

Pretty sure his last team had nothing in the calibre of Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Kuyt, Johnson, Aqua and so on. He like most good managers played to the strenghts of what he had at his disposal. If Fulham tried to play like Barce with the players they have they'd have lost week in week out
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2598: Jun 29, 2010 11:40:20 pm
      Lookin at his CV and the football played by his "Former" team I should be allowed to say he's not good enough for us..

Well I immediately think you are being unfair on him. First of all he saved Inter Milan from relegation in the mid 90s and then transformed them into a European side. Massimo Moretto credits Hodgson for setting Inter Milan on their way and is entirely grateful. What about him getting Switzerland to a major international tournament in decades and in that got them to the last 16. Saved Fulham from relegation certs to solid Premier League side, the best they've ever had. At Blackburn he made some poor signings admittedly but let's remember he joined at a time in which Walker's millions were running dry BUT his tenure was riddled with awful injuries to his side. And you may point to the fact that he's never won anything major, but when exactly has he been at a major club? It's one thing looking at his CV, it's another delving into what he really did.

Quick Reply