Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Next Liverpool Manager, who do you want?

Kenny Dalglish
      (44.4%)
      Roy Hodgson
      (10.5%)
      Martin ONeill
      (2.6%)
      Sven Goran Eriksson
      (1.3%)
      Mark Hughes
      (0.7%)
      Frank Rijkaard
      (7.9%)
      Louis van Gaal
      (7.2%)
      Somebody else
      (25.3%)

Who could be the next Liverpool manager?

Read 276100 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Who could be the next Liverpool manager?
      Reply #2599: Jun 29, 2010 11:40:59 pm
      Pretty sure his last team had nothing in the calibre of Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Kuyt, Johnson, Aqua and so on. He like most good managers played to the strenghts of what he had at his disposal. If Fulham tried to play like Barce with the players they have they'd have lost week in week out

100% right!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5016 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2600: Jun 29, 2010 11:50:52 pm
      Right, ive read most of the posts above and quite frankly the negativety is overwhelming, FF'S, Give the bloke a chance, If its a certainty he will be our next boss then we should ALL get behind him, Some of you are saying how he played a defensive way with Fulham, Has it not occurred to you that that was the due to the limited resources available to him yet he took a mediocre club to a major European final, Forget what he did or did'nt do at Inter, How long ago was that?, which serie 'A' sides were better while he was there, Juve, A.C., Roma, etc, Football has changed since then and foreign players are more accessable, Nobody can compere his time in football to now, Again his resources at Craven cottage were limited and we all doubt much will change at LFC, But, there is one huge difference, The players he has at his disposal, Ask yourself which Fulham players would get into our side? Every side he has managed has been organised and they work together as a team, Last season Fulham played some great football, Yeah sometimes it was defensive but it got the job done on occasions it mattered, His 12th place finish in the league is again due to the players he had to work with and in all honesty probably only two places below their target of a top ten finish, A lot of posters accuse the Rafa bashers of being too negative,  A hint of hypocrisy IMO against a man who has yet to step into the breech, I for one have no objections if Roy is instilled, Lets see what transpires in the new season especially the first couple of months, As for the mass exodus, I dont believe a word of it, We may lose one or two like Masch for instance maybe Kuyt, I can't see anyone else going, Why would anyone take over such a high profile post if the best assets were about to leave, I would have preferred Kenny myself but that seems unlikely now so lets get behind Roy 100% and see where he takes us.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #2601: Jun 29, 2010 11:54:35 pm
      Pretty sure his last team had nothing in the calibre of Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Kuyt, Johnson, Aqua and so on. He like most good managers played to the strenghts of what he had at his disposal. If Fulham tried to play like Barce with the players they have they'd have lost week in week out

Err.. Theres many a team in the league who don't have players like the ones you mentioned but manage to play attractive football, that's not an excuse for teams to park the buss lad.. OK forget what he's won with Fulham, What kind of football did they play??. Park the bus type boring basic football which didn't do too good in the league as it goes.. 7Th to 14Th..?
      Even at a mediocre club he failed by finishing lower than the season before.. How the hell can you get the Liverpool job on that basis?.. Without the media he wouldn't have had a look in.. FACT!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2602: Jun 29, 2010 11:56:08 pm
      Definitely going to be 100% behind our new manager, whoever it is.

Our frustrations need to be fully focused on the people who are ruining our club. We all need to accept our new manager, whoever it is, and get back on the same team as the amount of division that is about of late is playing us right into Tom & George's hands. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2603: Jun 30, 2010 12:03:14 am

Err.. Theres many a team in the league who don't have players like the ones you mentioned but manage to play attractive football, that's not an excuse for teams to park the buss lad.. OK forget what he's won with Fulham, What kind of football did they play??. Park the bus type boring basic football which didn't do too good in the league as it goes.. 7Th to 14Th..?
      Even at a mediocre club he failed by finishing lower than the season before.. How the hell can you get the Liverpool job on that basis?.. Without the media he wouldn't have had a look in.. FACT!!

Well I could say look at west ham. Tried to play football all season and look what way that turned out cos the players werent good enough to play it.

He parked the bus and got his side a point at Anfiled. We were going well then if I remember correctly. He knew playing ball against us would only end in 1 result. He got a result using what he had and we couldnt break it down. Thats football

Houlliers side wasnt pleasant on the eye but everyone loved it when the trophies start arriving.

People are writing this off without so much as apre season game to go by. Fooking ludicrous. People qouting that hes not good enough or our club. Our club is in sh*te this is where were at now hes probably the biggest name that wants it 

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2604: Jun 30, 2010 12:06:53 am
      hes probably the biggest name that wants it 

Ahem, Kenny Dalglish!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2847 
      Reply #2605: Jun 30, 2010 12:10:19 am

Kenny didnt want it then he did then he didnt. Hes not in contention is he?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2606: Jun 30, 2010 12:13:57 am
      I'll give him backing but I will not forget he is a Hicks, Gillette and Purslow appointment and I will turn on him very quick if he plays the same negative football he has his whole career.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2607: Jun 30, 2010 12:14:39 am
      Kenny didnt want it then he did then he didnt. Hes not in contention is he?
      The only reason he's not in contention, is because he would never be a yes man for the yanks. They want someone who will toe the line and put up with their sh*t.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #2608: Jun 30, 2010 12:19:46 am
      I have deliberatly sat back and just observed this thread over the last few days but now I will give my input.

I agree that a club of our calibre should never be employing a manager that is from a club less known or his credentials questioned.

I do however believe that if and when Roy Hodgson is employed to manage the club that ALL fans should be behind him because those of us that were so critical of the 'Rafa Bashers' on the forum are now jumping on the band wagon of critisizing Roy Hodgson before he has even set foot on our beloved Anfield Turf.

I am actually upset that a couple of posters I respect have personally attacked the man and I find that unfair when he hasn't even got the job yet.

For those that are seeing Liverpool FC too big for Roy Hodgson actually have a look at the situation we are in, No Champions League football, no money and finished in a  MID TABLE position last season. We unfortunately don't carry the same weight around England and the whole of Europe as we did a little over year ago. So for a guy like Roy Hodgson to leave his job at a club who see him as the man who brought success to a small football club and would never give him expectations that he can't achieve, should actually be respected and not the mick taken out of him.

I seriously respect the man because I have stated before, apart from Kenny (who is the greatest footballer to have played for this club) nobody else wants the job and I really don't blame them because every single man in a higher position than the manager is an ass hole and seems only willing to screw our beloved club over time and time again.  The situation that Roy Hodgson seem to find himself in with us is actually nothing short of stupid on his behalf becauae he will soon realise that he will be fed lie upon lie by the men upstairs in order to save every penny.

I give my whole hearted support to Roy Hodson in becomming the LIVERPOOL manager and wish him all the best to make my club the happy place it once was.

All of those who are not willing to get behind him 100% are just as bad as those that critised Rafa and those who find it OK to be offended by Rafa criticism but yet be there to jumo in with the Roy Hodgson criticism.

Sorry for the rant but I needed that.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,112 posts | 3367 
      Reply #2609: Jun 30, 2010 12:19:55 am
      I'll give him backing but I will not forget he is a Hicks, Gillette and Purslow appointment

Any new manager would of been appointed by the current owners. Because, erm, that's who appoints the manager - the owners. If Pellegrini got the job, he'd of been their appointment. If Dalglish got the job, he'd be their appointment.

Whoever got the job would be their appointment.

I will turn on him very quick if he plays the same negative football he has his whole career.

And if that negative football turns into plenty of 1-0 wins for the club, you'll still be complaining? It's a results business and if we play negatively and win, it'll do for the club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2847 
      Reply #2610: Jun 30, 2010 12:20:42 am
      The only reason he's not in contention, is because he would never be a yes man for the yanks. They want someone who will toe the line and put up with their sh*t.

Yes but he is out of the running so is every major name in the business by the sound of it Hodgson is the only one unless Pellegrini is still in with a shout?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2611: Jun 30, 2010 12:25:21 am
      Liverpool Echo's Twitter has just announced Hodgson has been made manager.

Story to follow ASAP.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #2612: Jun 30, 2010 12:29:01 am
      Liverpool Echo's Twitter has just announced Hodgson has been made manager.

Story to follow ASAP.

*Stares at wrists*
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #2613: Jun 30, 2010 12:29:09 am
      I am stunned, next the firesales no doubt.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2614: Jun 30, 2010 12:36:13 am
      For those that are seeing Liverpool FC too big for Roy Hodgson actually have a look at the situation we are in

Extremely good post there Danny. Especially the bit I've quoted above.

finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #2615: Jun 30, 2010 12:39:32 am
      http://ht.ly/24YnV
      Dominic King in the Echo
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #2616: Jun 30, 2010 12:41:30 am
      Extremely good post there Danny. Especially the bit I've quoted above.

Cheers mate, I just get bugged by people who seem to think that we are in healthy hands and need to look deeper into the situation. We are screwed until the 2 tw@s leave.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #2617: Jun 30, 2010 12:41:31 am
      Oliver Kay's also confirming it on Twitter
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2618: Jun 30, 2010 12:45:05 am
      All apart from the final details, it looks like the deal is done for Roy Hodgson to be our next manager.

Thread is here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?board=2.0

Quick Reply