Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Everton v Liverpool - match thread

Read 68021 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Everton v Liverpool - match thread
      Reply #667: Feb 04, 2009 11:22:52 pm
      When you see Lucas get a yellow card for a fowl on him it reminded me of Lampard last weekend, seems to be happening a lot and all through the first half I thought the Toffee's went over the top enough times that we were lucky we didn't have a player seriously hurt. Maybe I'm out of step but you have a mix of hardness but fair with a dash of finesse in the team otherwise you'll be to one dimensional like Everton were until the unlucky Lucas got sent off....
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #668: Feb 04, 2009 11:23:24 pm
      We're still competing for the greatest club prize in the world and challenging to win the greatest league in the world.

That'll do me.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #669: Feb 04, 2009 11:24:24 pm
      I don't know why but this defeat doesn't hurt as much as I'd expected it to.

Agree,
         up until Lucas went I felt we were on top, even with an off colour Torres, it then took the BS 45 mins to score against 10 men.

Let them have there day, it's the magic of the cup when a little team performs a Giant killing act.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #670: Feb 04, 2009 11:24:53 pm
      Oh, and how did Piennarr not see red? He committed at least 4 yellow card offenses.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #671: Feb 04, 2009 11:25:55 pm
      I agree but who would take them then?  I know Xabi can deliver better than he did tonight but I've noticed before he has a tendency to overhit corners and free kicks.  I don't think anybody can deliver a ball better than Gerrard in the team.

If its any consolation to Xabi then Dossena's crossing was far worse.  He's in acres of space and continually hits first time balls across the ground. You'd think he'd learn to stop the ball first.  And his crossing is usually his strong point  ::)

Agreed on Dossena. In fact, most of our passes in the final third were poor tonight.

I'm not sure who could take the corners. No one really springs to mind other than Aurelio. I think we could do with a player who can really deliver a ball with accuracy and conviction. I think that, combined with someone who'll put their head through a brick wall is something that's lacking with us. And it's probably why we see Gerrard taking the corners.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #672: Feb 04, 2009 11:26:15 pm
      Oh, and how did Piennarr not see red? He committed at least 4 yellow card offenses.

'Cos Golem had claimed we get the rub of the green all the time.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #673: Feb 04, 2009 11:26:20 pm

The lot of them fouled and fouled and fouled.

Dirty cu*ts. Can't play footie properly.
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #674: Feb 04, 2009 11:27:51 pm
      When you see Lucas get a yellow card for a fowl on him it reminded me of Lampard last weekend, seems to be happening a lot and all through the first half I thought the Toffee's went over the top enough times that we were lucky we didn't have a player seriously hurt. Maybe I'm out of step but you have a mix of hardness but fair with a dash of finesse in the team otherwise you'll be to one dimensional like Everton were until the unlucky Lucas got sent off....

he was unlucky you're right. 1st 1 IMO wasn't a yellow and if you look at the replay of the 2nd chellenge, still touch and go as far as i'm concerned. ref should have and could've had a little more thought about either challenge
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #675: Feb 04, 2009 11:28:08 pm
      Sami always looks threatening at set pieces, but thats it really. Stevie is a decent header/attacker of the ball but he's usually taking them
      Messiah
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #676: Feb 04, 2009 11:28:11 pm
      Does anyone know what Rafa eats during stressful moments?  I could do with a sh*t load of them right now!
      Rafa probably wanted to go to pens with Pepe's rep going before him. I think we would have beat them if we could have kept them out.  To me, personally, the FA cup is not the main priority but I just hope we don't screw up in the PL and the CL 'cos that would be just unbearable.  Still, on the bright side, we have decimated Chelsea, beaten the scum and that to me, is almost as good as the FA cup. :f_tongueincheek:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #677: Feb 04, 2009 11:30:08 pm
      There will be a lot of buildings falling down tomorrow, mark my words, Why? because all the vile BS will be coming out of the woodwork.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #678: Feb 04, 2009 11:30:52 pm
      The one thing i really noticed tonight was how many times Skrtel goes up for corners and never gets near a header and yet we have a footballing center back in  Agger and he is not playing, not having a go at skrtel he,s a good defender its just an observation i have been making for a while .
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #679: Feb 04, 2009 11:31:46 pm
      lucas is a liability, everton 5 yellow cards speaks volumes on how they play dirty. once gerrad picked up that injury knew we wouldnt win. complete contrast to chelsea game. is that the only way we win is to play a 10 man team. just wonder about portsmouth saturday what liverpool team will show up.gerrad could be out 3 weeks
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #680: Feb 04, 2009 11:32:31 pm

Source?
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #681: Feb 04, 2009 11:33:39 pm
      The one thing I really noticed tonight was how many times Skrtel goes up for corners and never gets near a header and yet we have a footballing center back in  Agger and he is not playing, not having a go at skrtel he,s a good defender its just an observation I have been making for a while .

When looking at his centre 1/2s rafa probably looks to his players defending abilities infront of their attacking qualities??
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #682: Feb 04, 2009 11:34:52 pm
      There will be a lot of buildings falling down tomorrow, mark my words, Why? because all the vile BS will be coming out of the woodwork.

Indeed!!!

Watch for all the flags on cars...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #683: Feb 04, 2009 11:35:05 pm

Remember who's still in charge round here.

That's right - US.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #684: Feb 04, 2009 11:36:25 pm

It could be that if it's a pull. I don't think there'll be a proper diagnosis until tomorrow though.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #685: Feb 04, 2009 11:36:43 pm
      It kills me that I defended Lucas earlier. Im not blaming the result on him as it was shoddy defending to let the goal in anyway. But his foolishness cost us big time. If ever we needed Stevie it was in extra time !! God i am really pissed off !! :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #686: Feb 04, 2009 11:37:23 pm
      Indeed!!!

Watch for all the flags on cars...

Calls for a Bank Holiday!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #687: Feb 04, 2009 11:38:27 pm
      The one thing I really noticed tonight was how many times Skrtel goes up for corners and never gets near a header and yet we have a footballing center back in  Agger and he is not playing, not having a go at skrtel he,s a good defender its just an observation I have been making for a while .
      Totally agree with you Andy.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #688: Feb 04, 2009 11:38:42 pm
      Was dissapointed with the lack of spirit shown.Not once did we look like scoring.We really rely Gerrard far too much,how evident it was when he came off.Torres was clearly not 100%,why risk him.Lucas another stand out performance,Babel couldn't be arsed again.

All the money they get paid, a little more desire would go a long way.Carra and Skrtel were fantastic.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #689: Feb 04, 2009 11:40:19 pm
      I don't think you can criticise Babel.

Quick Reply