Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Everton v Liverpool - match thread

Read 67962 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,359 posts | 1636 
      Re: Everton v Liverpool - match thread
      Reply #690: Feb 04, 2009 11:40:45 pm
      But i think Danny has both ,thats part of our problem me thinks not enough of the team contributing goals we have limited sources at the moment although i do think the midfield has been shooting more in the last couple of games,just hope tonight dont affect the players in a negative way,
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #691: Feb 04, 2009 11:41:01 pm
      Babel couldn't be arsed again.

I thought he did fairly well and gave it a good go when he came on tonight.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #692: Feb 04, 2009 11:41:18 pm
      Lucas definite liability....we should sell him and get some revenue...safe passing, negative football, clogs the midfield...I'm jus loving the fact he helping he's way out of the side, just sad that he is costing us whilst doing it. As for Dossena, he's almost as foolish in terms of game intelligence as Reira, no needs to be said about Kuyt who seems bent on proving that he's rubbish. Positives; we can focus on the league, Benayoun proving his worth more and more, Babel never looked that bad upfront in the very little her did, at least some interest seems to be there backed by some venison. Ahh what else can I say, Skrtel is very sound as the back, that much is pretty known...Xabi had a bad game and he had the most cutting edge play in the game...Reira's lack of wisdom to either pull it back for torres of chip cost us the game. As one goal would have done it
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #693: Feb 04, 2009 11:41:59 pm
      I don't think you can criticise Babel.

Agreed. If we're to take something positive out of tonight it's that Babel did fairly well when called upon.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #694: Feb 04, 2009 11:44:15 pm
      One of the lads from my school has just updated his Facebook comments with.

.. is buzzin off the bitterness comin out of the red camp. Get out of the cup you horrible norwegian fucks

Just deleted him.

The sock-robbing tw*t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #695: Feb 04, 2009 11:44:23 pm
      How can you say Babel couldn't be arsed again?

He came on and showed commitment and tried to change the game. One thing in particular I note is when he showed strength and determination to keep the ball and ended up getting wiped out by Lescott I think it was.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #696: Feb 04, 2009 11:46:18 pm

Remember who's still in charge round here.

That's right - US.

Post of this thread, right there.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #697: Feb 04, 2009 11:46:30 pm
      OK we lost against the bitter blue nose bas**rds, lets forget about it and go for number 19. I know its hard but F**k we are still the better team and club. Lets look forword to Saturday.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #698: Feb 04, 2009 11:46:33 pm
      IMO  Babel came on with fresh legs against tired defenders for the last twenty minutes.It wouldn't kill him to do more closing down a la Kuyt.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #699: Feb 04, 2009 11:46:53 pm
      I reckon top marks to Babel and tonight he has given me faith in our options up front.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #700: Feb 04, 2009 11:47:55 pm
      Lucas definite liability....we should sell him and get some revenue...safe passing, negative football, clogs the midfield...I'm jus loving the fact he helping he's way out of the side, just sad that he is costing us whilst doing it. As for Dossena, he's almost as foolish in terms of game intelligence as Reira, no needs to be said about Kuyt who seems bent on proving that he's rubbish. Positives; we can focus on the league, Benayoun proving his worth more and more, Babel never looked that bad upfront in the very little her did, at least some interest seems to be there backed by some venison. Ahh what else can I say, Skrtel is very sound as the back, that much is pretty known...Xabi had a bad game and he had the most cutting edge play in the game...Reira's lack of wisdom to either pull it back for torres of chip cost us the game. As one goal would have done it

Nobody caller Reira plays for Liverpool.

We didn't start off against them as we should have done.  Losing Gerrard was a blow.  At the time I would have pushed Alonso forward and brought Mascherano on, but Torres looked knackered and then going down to ten men on the hour wasn't great. 

Just one of those days. 

Pompey on Saturday I'm expecting a big performance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #701: Feb 04, 2009 11:48:42 pm
      IMO  Babel came on with fresh legs against tired defenders for the last twenty minutes.It wouldn't kill him to do more closing down a la Kuyt.

I know but the rest of the team was defending, he didn't get a lot of opportunity to be fair. 
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #702: Feb 04, 2009 11:49:29 pm
      Where does Kuyt get his energy from?  He was still running about like a headless chicken after 120 mins of football.  :o

I actually thought Babel did okay and held the ball up well when he had it. 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #703: Feb 04, 2009 11:50:19 pm
      Any one find a post match interview from Rafa?
      Nowt on BBC or OWS
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #704: Feb 04, 2009 11:52:57 pm
      Right putting things in perspective its only the FA cup, but heading into this game i felt that it was a vital game for our league challenge aswell. Momentum means everything at this stage of the season and I hope this defeat doesn't prove costly !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #705: Feb 04, 2009 11:54:01 pm
      I don't think Babel should come in for any criticism really.

What more can he do when we kept giving the ball back to them?

If we'd had any composure on the ball in the latter stages of the game, he would have had the ball played to him on the floor so he could run at them.
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #706: Feb 04, 2009 11:55:06 pm

HUH? Really?! You agree with everything you've said here do you? Having been a Red for 30 years I find this sort of sh*t unbearable, did you think Torres had his best game tonight? I didn't, but I wouldnt stand and say our loss is his or any one players fault.

Support your team mate or go whine at someone else.

And remember when you're here ... YNWA
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2009 11:57:39 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Quote fixed, spelling, grammar, etc etc. »
      Messiah
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #707: Feb 04, 2009 11:55:19 pm
      I also think Lucas is a liability but then we have a good few players at the moment who are the same.  Perhaps they would be alright for other teams but I don't feel they are good enough for Liverpool.  I just don't rate aurelio or agger or arbeloa not to mention Ngog or dossena.  I can't understand why they would be deemed better than Keane....but hey....that's another story.  I just put my faith in Rafa but I must admit, I am worried. :mad: :(
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #708: Feb 04, 2009 11:56:08 pm
      If babel could only get the chances to play as Lucas does possibly did...it would be so sweet!!!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #709: Feb 04, 2009 11:57:13 pm
      I actually thought Babel did okay and held the ball up well when he had it. 

He done well on the few occasions he had the ball.That's what angers me he shows great strenght and determination in possesion if only he put that effort in closing down.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #710: Feb 04, 2009 11:58:48 pm
      sorry JD I fu**ed it up again!!!!! ;D, but at least I have remebered my capitals this evening!!

That's why the modify button is next to your post fella.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #711: Feb 04, 2009 11:59:34 pm
      If babel could only get the chances to play as Lucas does possibly did...it would be so sweet!!!

I think most people are probably finding it hilarious that you're slagging Lucas off, while a picture of him is the avatar you're using.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #712: Feb 04, 2009 11:59:57 pm
      I don't think Babel should come in for any criticism really.

What more can he do when we kept giving the ball back to them?

If we'd had any composure on the ball in the latter stages of the game, he would have had the ball played to him on the floor so he could run at them.

I agree, and if anything, tonight showed that he might be decent up front on his own if Torres was injured.  He held the ball up well and showed a bit of pace but never really got the right ball to latch onto.  Think he'd be more suited to a more forward role than on the left wing.

Quick Reply