Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Keano - Liverpool: After the Divorce

Read 15383 times
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: Keane has a dig at Rafa
      Reply #23: Feb 07, 2009 10:01:50 am
      Bit disappointed to hear that, does he not have any respect for himself?

Rafa gave him plenty of chances to prove himself, and to say what he said about Rafa is disgraceful.

He should thank Rafa that he got to play for the club he supported as a child, even if he wasn't very successful. 
      Gardner SAFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Re: Keane not interested in Reds medal
      Reply #24: Feb 07, 2009 10:04:39 am
      what a fool

he is going to make himself hated on merseyside, with comments like that
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #25: Feb 07, 2009 10:07:08 am
      Those kinds of comments aren't necessary.

He should have just kept his mouth shut, but its too late now.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #26: Feb 07, 2009 10:09:49 am
      I come in peace i`m a Spurs fan and just wanted to give you a view from the Lane. I`m not that happy if i`m being honest with Robbies return to the Lane when your club came calling in the summer he could`nt wait to get out and follow his BOYHOOD DREAM but when the dream turned sour he was lucky that we had a manager daft enough to take him back not only that but he`s been made captain not happy not happy at all  :f_steam: All the best for the rest of the season hope you win the title as i can safely rule us out now ;D

Cheers mate.
      I really hope spurs stay up, to be honest i just can't see Spurs going down atall so i wouldn't worry about that.
      I REALLY hope you beat the mancs in the CC final and i think you have a great chance. Spurs will want to win that one-hundred times more than manure.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Feb 07, 2009 10:18:18 am
      w**ker.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #28: Feb 07, 2009 10:30:06 am

I think he is saying this to recapture spurs' fans sympathy after all the BOOing he recieved , Cause he Knows he will Never have a PL medal with spurs
          Sorry  Robbie , But in all 25 outings you had  , apart from 2 you were never in the match ,  and you really don't have to blame anyone except robbie keane for not coping with it
      Evilone
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts | -1 
      Reply #29: Feb 07, 2009 10:38:16 am
      Well we have hade many strikers now days. Can be so it is rafa how suck in chosinge strikers? :P And i still think he shoulded give keane more time.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 07, 2009 10:39:45 am
      Really should've just kept his mouth shut. Its been an embarrassing situation for both himself and the club. Best just to draw a line under it and move on.
      shrey024
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 07, 2009 10:40:18 am
      And this man is was a lifelong Red?

Go on Robbie, you know you'll get the medal...give it to your brother, he probably deserves more of it than you do.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: Feb 07, 2009 10:48:10 am
      Really should've just kept his mouth shut. Its been an embarrassing situation for both himself and the club. Best just to draw a line under it and move on.

I think he is now being a gobby tw@t, its just as well he's gone. (cause it could all be media sh*t steering)
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #33: Feb 07, 2009 11:18:58 am
       I repeat myself now... Keane you are crap, not fit to lace fowlers boots
      « Last Edit: Feb 07, 2009 12:03:51 pm by Venison 86 »
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #34: Feb 07, 2009 12:05:29 pm
      No need for Robbie to come out with that, disappointed in him.

A very clear case of sour grapes there.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #35: Feb 07, 2009 12:12:30 pm
      Considering his claims to be a life long LFC supporter his thinly veiled criticism of the club is surprising,he had his fair share of critics and also a majority of support from the fans,but their patience was tested and worn away.The only reason people became disenchanted with Robbie was that he consistently failed to produce what was advertised i.e. GOALS,that he should make statements of that kind shows a lack of dignity and respect,I for one am disappointed with his reaction.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #36: Feb 07, 2009 12:23:49 pm
      Well we have hade many strikers now days. Can be so it is rafa how suck in chosinge strikers? :P And i still think he shoulded give keane more time.

Just two players who dont think they played enough games. Did they think Rafa was going to change his whole style of management when they turned up? Everyone knows he says F**k all to players, but these two both want explanations / no rotation.

Crouch got what he wanted, a move to play more games and protect his England chances. Robbie Keane was treated just like any underperforming player would be. He knew that Rafa doesn't play everyone in every game before he came here. Or did he expect to be put on a level with Gerrard and Carra straight away, no matter how he performed?

He played in a hell of a lot of games no matter what media spin is put on it, and played sh*te in pretty much all of them. A goal at Arsenal and a brace at home to West Brom and Bolton does out excuse his other performances in front of goal. I don't think I've ever seen one player miss so many easy chances in 6 months before. If there's a slower forward in the league I'd like somebody to point him out to me. And on top of his inept performances, his attitude stunk. Mouthing obscenities at the manager every time he was taken off after another sh*te performance. Only got himself to blame for not making it here.

jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #37: Feb 07, 2009 12:28:48 pm
      Let's be a little fairer on Robbie Keane guys !

Ok, he has come out and commented only for it to sound like sour grapes, but let's face it, he has just been discarded by the team he supported all his life.
      Can you imagine how that must feel? It's hard for us when we watch our side lose a game.
      He is a fan, like the rest of us and he must be absolutely gutted not to have made it at Anfield.

It will be with him for the rest of his life, that he failed in his career with his boyhood club.

There are a lot of hypocrites who have commented on this thread. Let's do what most of you have said on other threads and leave him alone and move on.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #38: Feb 07, 2009 12:31:37 pm
      I'll take it....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #39: Feb 07, 2009 12:37:37 pm
      I come in peace i`m a Spurs fan and just wanted to give you a view from the Lane. I`m not that happy if i`m being honest with Robbies return to the Lane when your club came calling in the summer he could`nt wait to get out and follow his BOYHOOD DREAM but when the dream turned sour he was lucky that we had a manager daft enough to take him back not only that but he`s been made captain not happy not happy at all  :f_steam: All the best for the rest of the season hope you win the title as i can safely rule us out now ;D
      nice one mate,can understand your comments about Robbie I doubt the same thing would be accepted at Anfield,I mean him getting off and scurrying back when it all turned to sh*t.Having said that its quite likely that your goodselves have come out of this smelling of roses,on the money side of it your well in and if Robbie plays his normal game which doesn't fit the bill down here but previous to his transfer went down well at the lane,you'll be well made up.
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #40: Feb 07, 2009 01:16:31 pm
      That is one thing that i hate! Why do footballers say things against their previous manager when they get transferred to a new club? I like Keane as a player and was obviously disappointed to see him leave, i think that it was his own fault - at not being as successfull as we all had hoped - more than Rafa's. If Keane had scored more goals then Rafa would have obviously given him more playing time but he didn't score as much as he should have and therefore led to Rafa looking for other options cue N'gog.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #41: Feb 07, 2009 01:18:10 pm
      Keane must feel really down to make comments like ''I don't want no medal from Liverpool'' but can you blame him. I still don't think he was given a chance, for some reason Rafa didn't like the way he played the game and he didn't feel like leaving him on the pitch but when he did get match fit he had a spell where he scored goals but he was the dropped to the bench for the next three games, I still believe if Rafa had had the faith to stick with him we would have been watching him score the goals, it was only his last few games here that he looked lost, Keane although he missed a lot he was always there in place to miss and I'd have been worried if he wasn't getting into scoring positions.

Now he's gone I wish he'd keep his gob firmly closed because it all sounds like sour grapes but like I said I think he is hurting inside and I suppose when that happens he feels the need to scream and shout and throw the dummy out. White heat Lane is making him captain and I suppose that's Harry's way of picking him up because like us they need someone who can get them goals....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42: Feb 07, 2009 01:33:25 pm
      Hes right. Why would he accept a Liverpool medal he plays for Spurs. Half of you complaining he wont accept a medal would be the same ones complaining if he did accept it. What if he signed for utd and we won the league would you be going mad he didnt accept a medal then?

Hes gone didnt work out leave it there instead of making an issue out of nothing
      « Last Edit: Feb 07, 2009 01:51:43 pm by Brian78 »
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #43: Feb 07, 2009 01:36:28 pm
      All eyes will be on him now.

Truth is he had chances and opportunities to show he was the right striker for the game. Now he says he is too big? I'm sure his self-worth and self-esteem dipped, but blaming Rafa for his failure? that is taking it too far.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #44: Feb 07, 2009 01:47:10 pm
      This is one area that I wish Keane would shut his mouth and get on with playing at the Spurs, he must know he would alienate himself with us and for me any respect I once had for him as gone out the window. sh*te happens Robbie get over it and leave the manager out of it, you must be a tabloids bonanza and I've no doubt the Sundays will this Sunday be full of Keane and Keane and Keane....
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #45: Feb 07, 2009 02:05:38 pm
      Liverpool Football Club don't have the time to wait for 'confidence' players.

Crouch...Lucas...Dossena ...Morientes

Quick Reply