Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

A public service message to 'fans'

Read 23555 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      A public service message to 'fans'
      Feb 07, 2009 07:39:34 pm
      Who said we couldnt? You did. Who said we could? True Reds did and what happened? Never open your mouth again saying sack Rafa halfway during a game. We ALL showed what we can do when chips are down and that is what being a Red is all about.

I'm not going to spare you embarrassment, sckinny, livercool, corballyred. You's were a joke to the club today and along with the others who so quickly changed their minds once we hit the lead.

When you watch us play, you know we wont give up and being 1 down to Pompey doesnt mean all is lost, it just means we have to fight harder.

We will celebrate tonight knowing full well that we were behind the team 100%, urging them forward and right by them with every pass while you deluded wankers were slagging us off saying to sack this and drop that and sell him.

Thankyou for buying our merchandise, but kindly do F**k off.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2873 
      Re: A public service message to 'fans'
      Reply #1: Feb 07, 2009 07:43:50 pm
      Nice message mate.

Too true, found it disgusting that people were wanting Rafa's head halfway through a match. I even got two negs for telling them to 'F**k off' cos I couldn't really put it any nicer.

Good things happen to those who believe. I may be wrong but those who believed that we could get the win are feeling a lot more happy than those who lost it halfway through the game, I may be wrong though.

I'm not going to let the idiots ruin this amazing evening though!

YNWA.

IRWT.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2009 07:50:14 pm
      Some people never learn.

Popping up in the middle of a match thread when we go a goal down and calling for Rafa's head before a game is over.

And then disappearing and not celebrating the winner.

We all know these people are not genuine Liverpool fans but have greater motivations.

IRIT.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2009 07:55:41 pm
      I got a neg saying, 'not listening to other's opinions' or something like that. Couldnt give 2 shits about the neg but what opinion was i not listening to? The one where they said we wont win? Or the one where it said lets sack our best manager since the glory years?

I'm so sorry i shut you down, but next time please think twice before saying we are out of it and how Rafa fu**ed up. Oh to hell with it, whoever it was just go grow a F***ing brain or man up.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #4: Feb 07, 2009 07:59:13 pm
      all you doubters hang your head in shame we are Liverpool
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #5: Feb 07, 2009 08:01:33 pm
      Well said
      Games like this are the reason why i hate people leaving the match early.
      Well done Liverpool.
      Sure enough the media have found a way to shoot liverpool and Rafa down saying it wasn't convincing enough.
      The main point is, when we were 2-1 down on 85 mins we showed character to come back and take 3 points which is the important thing.
      The game aint over til it's over so don't say anything you'll regret before the whistle blows. Now we look to West Ham to take points off manure tomorrow.
      Nice post Crouchino :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Feb 07, 2009 08:06:39 pm
      We need many fan like crouchy. Well done mate. Keep it up I'm back you on this.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #7: Feb 07, 2009 08:12:46 pm
      I have to say I was born Lucky for nearly 40 years have been honoured to support my team. I can never thing of a time when I havent been proud of them. One of my first games was Roger Hunts Testimonial and I have been blessed to witness some unbelievable events since then. I love Rafa he "gets it" so does his wife Mons. LFC are unique I think as fans we feel every win and every defeat the way the team does and this man knows that. We are in this together and I am proud to be a Liverpudlian.
      karljd
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      Reply #8: Feb 07, 2009 08:15:33 pm
      I have to say I was born Lucky for nearly 40 years have been honoured to support my team. I can never thing of a time when I havent been proud of them. One of my first games was Roger Hunts Testimonial and I have been blessed to witness some unbelievable events since then. I love Rafa he "gets it" so does his wife Mons. LFC are unique I think as fans we feel every win and every defeat the way the team does and this man knows that. We are in this together and I am proud to be a Liverpudlian.
      couldn't have said it better mate 35 years now myself
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Feb 07, 2009 08:23:18 pm
      I've noticed rckinny or whatever his name is hasn't posted since, I should think so too to be honest.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #10: Feb 07, 2009 08:31:05 pm
      Who said we couldnt? You did. Who said we could? True Reds did and what happened? Never open your mouth again saying sack Rafa halfway during a game. We ALL showed what we can do when chips are down and that is what being a Red is all about.

I'm not going to spare you embarrassment, sckinny, livercool, corballyred. You's were a joke to the club today and along with the others who so quickly changed their minds once we hit the lead.

When you watch us play, you know we wont give up and being 1 down to Pompey doesnt mean all is lost, it just means we have to fight harder.

We will celebrate tonight knowing full well that we were behind the team 100%, urging them forward and right by them with every pass while you deluded wankers were slagging us off saying to sack this and drop that and sell him.

Thankyou for buying our merchandise, but kindly do f**k off.

Well said Crouchinho!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I heard that the Chelski fans were giving Big Phil sh*t with chants like "you don't know what ya doin"

I thought, f***in chelski fans...no respect for their manager and we Red fans would never dream of doing that to Rafa..

Rafas rafalution has brought the club with in almost touching distance of the place that this club belongs and the board is against him and some ex-players, BUT AS FANS WE DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT DISPRESPECT OUR MANAGER IN SUCH A MANNER TO CALL FOR HIM TO BE SACKED. NOW AWAY WITH YOU YOU BLINKERED PIECES OF sh*t. YOU DON'T HOLD ANY RIGHT TO DIS RAFA NO MATTER HOW MANY TITLE YOU MAY HAVE WON ON FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. WOULD YOU APPREICATE IT IF SOMEONE ASKED FOR YOU TO BE SACKED FROM YOUR JOBS. HOPEFULLY THE WALLS OF REALITY WILL COME CRASHING DOWN UPON YOU ALL

"IN RAFA WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #11: Feb 07, 2009 08:44:43 pm
      I may be wrong but those who believed that we could get the win are feeling a lot more happy than those who lost it halfway through the game

I'm on cloud 9, and that sounds about right to me! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #12: Feb 07, 2009 09:43:39 pm
      When we went 1-0 down somebody appeared today on the forum to try and ruin the match thread.

Someone try and convince me not to demand his resignation RIGHT NOW!!!!

Irrespective of the result, if the Americans can do anything positive (besides selling the club), they will sack him tonight... replacing him with any half-wit  that realises winning is everything, loosing is nowhere and drawing is pathetic - you win the Premiership by playing your best side in a formation that's settled.

Everything this chump ignores.

Frankly my dog could do a better job - he know's the basics, like when it's time to go for a walk... just like 99% of people would pick thier best team week in, week out

After getting back to 1-1 things went quiet.  And then when Portsmouth made it 2-1.

yeh, the unsilent minority - I'm telling at some point the tide will turn in my favour... in about 9mins!

Then we equalised, and then scored the winner.

sckinny has been missing in action ever since. 

Fancy not celebrating 'your club' winning.

;)
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #13: Feb 07, 2009 10:06:32 pm
      Soooooo beautiful!   Adversity is the greatest stage too show greatness!!!!  Good Fight!
      sckinny
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | -13 
      Reply #14: Feb 07, 2009 10:43:05 pm
      Some people never learn.

Popping up in the middle of a match thread when we go a goal down and calling for Rafa's head before a game is over.

And then disappearing and not celebrating the winner.

We all know these people are not genuine Liverpool fans but have greater motivations.

IRIT.

I called for his head during the game and I'm calling for it now... My opinions on him haven't altered just because a horrid display turned into an astounding result, for which I'm very, very happy.

As for not continuing my comments, as the winning goal was scored, or after it - I had swicthed my computer off as I was leaving the house... I did see the goal, however.

Also, I have supported this club for all 33 years of my life. I was introduced to LFC by a close, 'departed' family member, who attended IM Marsh College in the 1960's. What's more I have a photo of me taken outside the ground cica 18 months old - despite my family living over 200 miles away (at that time). I am Liverpool to the core.

However, I agree with a minority that Rafa, however nice a person is not the right man to lead this club and for that I make no apologies, nor should I have to justify my opinions. I have never felt this way about a manager of our team before, but it would be hypocritical for me to change my mind when I feel so strongly.

Simply, I want him out and a manager of any calibre to come in that promotes continuity in his team selections and clarity of thought, that I can buy into.

Finally, I'm sure I speak for some 'people' that have an agenda against the club for their own reasons. I'm not an advocate of those political issues - my issue is with one man and one man alone.

Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #15: Feb 07, 2009 11:06:46 pm
      I called for his head during the game and I'm calling for it now... My opinions on him haven't altered just because a horrid display turned into an astounding result, for which I'm very, very happy.

. I am Liverpool to the core.

Interesting post there. You obviously have a strong opinion on Rafa, as is your right.  However, saying you're 'very very happy' with the result, and 'Liverpool to the core', do me a favour.

If that is the case  you would've wanted the reds to win today, but you didn't, did you.  You were actually revelling in the fact that we were behind twice in the game.

yeh, the unsilent minority - I'm telling at some point the tide will turn in my favour... in about 9mins!

The only times I notice you posting on this forum is when we are getting bad media coverage, or results aren't going our way.

Personally i would need a lot more convincing that you are a genuine Liverpool fan.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #16: Feb 07, 2009 11:08:03 pm

As for not continuing my comments, as the winning goal was scored, or after it - I had swicthed my computer off as I was leaving the house... I did see the goal, however.

Also, I have supported this club for all 33 years of my life. I was introduced to LFC by a close, 'departed' family member, who attended IM Marsh College in the 1960's. What's more I have a photo of me taken outside the ground cica 18 months old - despite my family living over 200 miles away (at that time). I am Liverpool to the core.

However, I agree with a minority that Rafa, however nice a person is not the right man to lead this club and for that I make no apologies, nor should I have to justify my opinions. I have never felt this way about a manager of our team before, but it would be hypocritical for me to change my mind when I feel so strongly.

Simply, I want him out and a manager of any calibre to come in that promotes continuity in his team selections and clarity of thought, that I can buy into.

Finally, I'm sure I speak for some 'people' that have an agenda against the club for their own reasons. I'm not an advocate of those political issues - my issue is with one man and one man alone.

Whilst you profess to have issues with this man you will have issues with me at least !  I also have followed Liverpool since I was 9yrs old, 1970 to be precise !
      You say that you shouldn't have to justify your opinions, I'm sorry but if you come on here ( A public site) then thats exactly what you should do !
      Rafa in his infinate wisdom chose the side he thought could do the job against a poor side and they did just that !
      Bearing in mind his injury and suspension list he was limited with his choices but prevailed against all the odds and the critics comments.
      If you care to think back to Turkey in '05 the first half performance was worse than today, were you shouting for his head then  ?
      If as you say you want a manager of any calibre to come in and promote continuity who do you have in mind ?
      there simply is no one better around !
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #17: Feb 07, 2009 11:14:08 pm

You totally forget that we played 120 minutes midweek,Torres is better playing the latter part of a game against a tiring side (While is not fully fit),Gerrard is injured and we have some Really big games coming up while not beimg financed like our main rivals.All you want to do is slag of a manager who`s had his hands tied since the yanks took over and is doing his best in a bad situation.If Rafa was not in charge we would not be top of the league and still in the Champions league.So dry your eye`s and man up.
      sckinny
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | -13 
      Reply #18: Feb 07, 2009 11:18:05 pm
      Whilst you profess to have issues with this man you will have issues with me at least !  I also have followed Liverpool since I was 9yrs old, 1970 to be precise !
      You say that you shouldn't have to justify your opinions, I'm sorry but if you come on here ( A public site) then thats exactly what you should do !
      Rafa in his infinate wisdom chose the side he thought could do the job against a poor side and they did just that !
      Bearing in mind his injury and suspension list he was limited with his choices but prevailed against all the odds and the critics comments.
      If you care to think back to Turkey in '05 the first half performance was worse than today, were you shouting for his head then  ?
      If as you say you want a manager of any calibre to come in and promote continuity who do you have in mind ?
      there simply is no one better around !

Yes, I did say at that point in the game that I thought he was a bad choice for this club and that I wished he'd never been made manager. I was perhaps a little to vocal about that - considering my surroundings at the time!

But in the interests of continuity I said that the day he was appointed and stood inside Anfield holding a scarf above his head - again considering my surroundings at the time, perhaps not my best move!

I am at least consistent and as we finish this season potless, which I believe we will, I'll shout it from the roof tops again. However, I don't think it'll be a problem after this summer - or next season... Given that I'm told he won't be here then.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2873 
      Reply #19: Feb 07, 2009 11:19:43 pm
      sckinny, if you are a genuine Liverpool fan then you wouldn't have posted about calling for Rafa's head during a critical game in our title race.

You are entitled to your opinion that Rafa isn't the right man but what infuriates me is that such opinions are shown during a match we are losing and then once we level you shut up yet when we go behind you restart your attack on Benitez.

Saying 'can we sack him now?' in the middle of a match is bang out of order in my view and if you call yourself Liverpool to the core you would have learnt that we fight to the final whistle. By saying 'can we sack him' you are implying that the game is lost and that you have given up hope.

Genuine fans don't do that.
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #20: Feb 07, 2009 11:22:03 pm
      Yes, I did say at that point in the game that I thought he was a bad choice for this club and that I wished he'd never been made manager. I was perhaps a little to vocal about that - considering my surroundings at the time!

But in the interests of continuity I said that the day he was appointed and stood inside Anfield holding a scarf above his head - again considering my surroundings at the time, perhaps not my best move!

I am at least consistent and as we finish this season potless, which I believe we will, I'll shout it from the roof tops again. However, I don't think it'll be a problem after this summer - or next season... Given that I'm told he won't be here then.
      So atleast you admit your consistancy.Your consistantly clueless about What`s best for our club regarding management of the club.
      sckinny
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | -13 
      Reply #21: Feb 07, 2009 11:23:48 pm
      So atleast you admit your consistancy.Your consistantly clueless about What`s best for our club regarding management of the club.

Like I say, it will not be a problem next season...
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #22: Feb 07, 2009 11:23:50 pm
      Given that I'm told he won't be here then.

Source please or is this a unjustified opinion AGAIN !

Quick Reply