Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Suarez named as a candidate for the FIFA World Player of the Year

Read 6874 times
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Re: Suarez named as a candidate for the FIFA World Player of the Year
      Reply #46: Nov 07, 2011 08:55:05 pm
      but he did not win the the golden boot
      but he did more than ronaldo
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Suarez named as a candidate for the FIFA World Player of the Year
      Reply #47: Nov 07, 2011 09:12:54 pm
      Lionel Messi is going to win it, hands down. Yeah, he didn't win the Golden Boot in La Liga but he and Ronaldo ended with 53 goals last season.

Messi, however, won the La Liga, European Cup, Supercopa and UEFA Super Cup. Yeah, his arguably sh*t for his country but come on, who actually plays well for their country everytime they put on their national colours? (Other than Suarez who was MVP at Copa America and the Spanish national team because that's Barcelona itself). Ronaldo is also usually sh*t for Portugal. Rooney is usually sh*t for England. Many go on about how Messi is crap for Argentina but it isn't like every other big names are performing for their countries.

Whilst Suarez performed much better for Uruguay in Copa America and World Cup in contrast to Messi, I still think that isn't enough for him to beat Messi to the award because Messi set the standards high. Ronaldo could be second place but he hasn't won alot with Real Madrid so that also puts him out of the running for first place (or even top 3).

I believe the top three places will be taken by Barcelona players. In the last year or so, they are perhaps the best footballing team I have ever seen in my life.

And no, Iniesta isn't overrated. He's world class, IMO. ;)

Quick Reply