Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Who gets dropped for Luis? Or does he go to the bench?

Read 7899 times
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Who gets dropped for Luis? Or does he go to the bench?
      Reply #69: Feb 02, 2012 09:32:33 pm

Is that slang for something or have you just missed out the T  ;)
      erics_dad
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #70: Feb 04, 2012 01:26:15 am
      Like everybody else Suarez should have to earn his place back in the side so I'd go with the same side that performed as well as we have all season against Wolves. If it's not working, you have Suarez to come off the bench. If he grabs himself a goal or looks razor sharp during the time he gets then lash him in from the off for the United game.

Carroll has finally shown a run of form over a number of games, Kuyt has remembered how to score and Bellamy has been our player of the year. As good as Suarez is, Liverpool's philosophy has always been you earn your spot back in the side after a lay-off. With some players recently that hasn't been the case though and I don't think it will be with Suarez on Monday.

I can see him starting with Downing and Kuyt on the wings with a central three of Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson.

I agree...somewhat.

Personally, I think Suarez should play. As many have said, he's "chomping at the bit" and considering his age and experience, I don't have any problem with him started minute 0. Plus, the fans would be uber-supportive and he'd give his 110%...I have no doubt!

Carroll has scored recently but I still feel his confidence is VERY lacking. I DO want him to play because he's young, insecure, and needs more play time but for £35m, I don't feel he's a force....yet. I'd ONLY want him to play to gain the confidence a young man needs....but, it depends if he can take that confidence and make himself a real player/threat. More game play (especially scoring) would give him that confidence but he still "trots" on the field whereas players like Bellamy actually make plays happen. ie, I'm personally still not convinced, by a long shot to be honest.

I'd bench Kuyt (as much as I loved him last season and his recent goals)

I realise KD will probably play players based on recent performance and that's fair...to a degree. But, when I see who LFC is playing in the coming matches, I'm not overly-confident it's going to go our way. After Bolton, KD obviously had a chat with the boys and they've turned a corner but all too often we see complacency after a few matches.

Bring on Suarez, get him over the impending "awkward" match against MU, give Carroll a couple/few more matches not only to build his confidence but justify his signing. I still don't like Carroll much (yet) but I DO want him to do well as we need someone like him (assuming he can be THAT player we all need)
      Marcisared
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #71: Feb 04, 2012 02:06:33 pm
      One thing is for sure is Suarez won't get a full 90 as he won't be match fit so on that assumption it would be better to have him coming on from the bench on the 65th minute for Bellars who would have just spent 65 minutes running them into the ground.  Suarez gets a nice easy run out a nice cheeky goal maybe a brace which buys him his ticket into the starting line up for manure the week after and in that game his first touch is a belter from 35 yards which comes off the cross bar, whacks Evra full pelt in the face rebounding back into the net or something similar!
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #72: Feb 04, 2012 03:24:00 pm
      Whatever happens, it's a nice selection headache for Kenny to have.  :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,956 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: Feb 04, 2012 03:59:22 pm
      Straight back in imo, Spurs would have been watching us recently and will have a idea on how to handle AC, Bellers, Kuyt etc, but unleashing Suarez will give them nightmares and therefore giving us a slight advantage, even if we only get 70mins from him,the damage could have been done by then,

chomping at the bit is a understatement, he'll want to prove a point and be on from the start,

we have to play at our strength's and without Luis we have been weaker, so get him on from the start and watch him create havoc, 3-1 Reds, Suarez,Bellers,Kuyt with the goals, but in no particular order,

Pepe
                                Kelly   Skrtle  Agger  Enrique
                                        Spearing   Gerrard
                                 Kuyt       Hendo   Bellers
                                              Suarez
      Carroll although improved last 2-3 games has yet to understand Suarez movement imo, both Bellers and Kuyt will and will read Suarez better, and can supply more accurately, feel sorry for the big fella but to me this is our strongest frontline, Hendo has a key role,he is the link between midfield and attack, with Gerrard and Spearo spoiling and setting up play,

if possible nullify Modric, spearing can do that, but Bale will float and be more difficult to keep tabs on, so both Enrique and Kelly have to be on their metal, and hopfully Gerrard will keep an eye on him if he comes thru the middle, we can tw*t these proper, they got lucky at WHL and if i remember right we were doing ok until Adam walked,

C'MON REDMEN,We owe these fuckers big style.

IKWT    YNWA

Marcisared
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #74: Feb 05, 2012 09:27:20 am
      One thing is for sure Suarez won't get 90 minutes and on that basis I don't think it would be helpful to start him.  Let Bellars run amok for 65 then SUarez come on and nick a brace which will guarantee his ticket to start the week after against manure where his first kick of the game will be a 35 pile drive that comes off the bar and smacks evra full pelt in the face and back into the net
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #75: Feb 05, 2012 01:28:58 pm
      One thing is for sure Suarez won't get 90 minutes and on that basis I don't think it would be helpful to start him.

Get him started, it's not like he hasn't been training.

Personally I reckon Kenny will start him and go at the cockney tw*ts from the off.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #76: Feb 05, 2012 02:15:47 pm
      [ disclaimer:

1) I'm new to the forum, just signed up today
      2) I'm a Yank
      3) I've lived in England almost 8 years but it's the first time I've followed LFC for the whole season this year
      4) I'm still learing "the game"

/disclaimer]

OK, with that out of the way, here's my ideal situation:

johnson, skrtel, agger
      maxi, gerrard, downing, enrique
      bellamy, carroll, suarez

I realize that I may not understand all the positions...I'm still learning! :)

Not 100% on Maxi but he did get a hat trick last season

That's one f**king goal fest without Reina ;D!

Luis is a straight start. Downing should be rested.

StevieG4life
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #77: Feb 05, 2012 03:21:28 pm
      Honesty, with Bellamy's amazing performances, I'd rather use Carroll in the 2nd half and use the former as the striker. Suarez can take CAM
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2012 03:24:44 pm by RedPuppy »
      sivapc22
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #78: Feb 05, 2012 03:51:30 pm
      Dropping Andy will be a huge dent to his confidence as has been playing well.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2012 03:53:39 pm by RedPuppy »
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #79: Feb 05, 2012 07:30:16 pm
      Keep Andy in for sure, he'll make space for Luis to tear them a new one.  Probably keep Bellers (or maybe Downing) on the bench to bring on later.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #80: Feb 05, 2012 07:43:50 pm
      I think Downing will drop to the bench, Suarez to start.

In the last game Henderson was played in an AM position with Adam and Spearing behind him, very mobile.

So, I'd like to see Gerrard, Henderson and Spearing in the middle of the park, Suarez, Bellars either side of Carroll up front.

Quick Reply