Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see at Anfield next season?

David Silva
      (48.4%)
      Carlos Tevez
      (10.9%)
      David Villa
      (28.3%)
      Samuel Eto'o
      (3.1%)
      Yoann Gourcuff
      (1.9%)
      Gareth Barry
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (4.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.6%)
      Amir Zaki
      (0.9%)
      Michael Owen
      (1.2%)

General transfer discussion - summer 2009

Read 187579 times
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Re: General transfer discussion - summer 2009
      Reply #23: Feb 14, 2009 03:52:26 pm
      Just K.Jones.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: Feb 14, 2009 06:06:22 pm

Someone that agrees :).

If it was true that we were looking at Heskey when Villa were, I really don't see why, when theres Kenwyne Jones. When Keane was manager at Sunderland, no matter how much he would deny it, I really doubt he would sell their best player to Liverpool. Now he isn't... Maybe we should jump at the chance.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #25: Feb 14, 2009 09:00:58 pm
      Sorry, but something made me laugh from the original post. Darren Bent............hahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha no thanks.

On a serious note, we do need to be looking for a striker. Nevermind Bent not being good enough, he trys to play in a similar way to Torres so that won't work out. However, the two i would agree with would be Aaron Lennon and Roque Santa Cruz. I was delighted to hear that we were linked with Lennon as part of the deal with Keane. Obviously that didn't work out but i truly think he is what we are missing on the Right. As for Santa Cruz.....this guy is unbelivable. He scores goals, creates goals for team-mates and he would be a great target man. However, what is the chance of getting the money out of the Yanks to be able to buy him???????
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Feb 14, 2009 09:39:00 pm
      Sorry, but something made me laugh from the original post. Darren Bent............hahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha no thanks.

On a serious note, we do need to be looking for a striker. Nevermind Bent not being good enough, he trys to play in a similar way to Torres so that won't work out. However, the two I would agree with would be Aaron Lennon and Roque Santa Cruz. I was delighted to hear that we were linked with Lennon as part of the deal with Keane. Obviously that didn't work out but I truly think he is what we are missing on the Right. As for Santa Cruz.....this guy is unbelivable. He scores goals, creates goals for team-mates and he would be a great target man. However, what is the chance of getting the money out of the Yanks to be able to buy him???????

Everyone jips Bent, but the simple fact is, he does score goals. 14 so far this season, only one behind Gerrard, level with the likes of Anelka and even above Ronaldo.
      NELLYBOY
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #27: Feb 14, 2009 09:51:49 pm
      the only player i would have is glen johnson as we need a decent right back we also need a striker and the only we have just sold the best natural finisher in the premier league
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Feb 14, 2009 10:46:53 pm
      the only player I would have is glen johnson as we need a decent right back we also need a striker and the only we have just sold the best natural finisher in the premier league

Joke right?
      ohcampione
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #29: Feb 15, 2009 02:41:07 am
      All i need to say is.. AARON LENNON
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #30: Feb 15, 2009 03:18:59 am
      Everyone jips Bent, but the simple fact is, he does score goals. 14 so far this season, only one behind Gerrard, level with the likes of Anelka and even above Ronaldo.

I think the totenham v arsenal game said it all keane started while bent sat on the bench need I say more.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Feb 15, 2009 05:00:46 am
      I actually dont think Bent would be a bad shout, its just whether he wants to sit on the bench or not. He does score goals, he could be a stop gap player.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #32: Feb 15, 2009 01:25:46 pm
      I think the totenham v arsenal game said it all keane started while bent sat on the bench need I say more.

That doesn't prove anything. I don't understand why Bent doesn't start all the time for Spurs considering his goal ratio at the moment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Feb 15, 2009 01:50:24 pm
      Agree Ross, you hear him bang them in left, right and centre and then he is dropped to the bench. Makes no sense but then again, explains their position on the ladder.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #34: Feb 15, 2009 01:58:36 pm
      What about . . . and this is a LITTLE controversial . . . Tim Cahill?

He is a match winner and probably one of the best attacking midfielders in the EPL. Would take alot of pressure off of SG and Nando. How many times has he come up with a winner?

Other than him, what about Joe Cole ? Oozes class. And as far as a striker goes, I'd have Crouch back or David Nugent. Give him a crack at a big club and he'll do the business.

Deller
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts |
      Reply #35: Feb 15, 2009 03:30:02 pm
      I actually dont think Bent would be a bad shout, its just whether he wants to sit on the bench or not. He does score goals, he could be a stop gap player.

I think if Rafa had any interest in Bent he would prob have insisted on Bent coming to Anfield as part of the Keane deal.

If we were to get any centre forward who's already playing in the Prem, it would have to be Crouchy back or Kenwyn Jones........otherwise we need to look abroad.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #36: Feb 15, 2009 03:42:08 pm
      Ok Bent does have a decent srike return this season, but I think he is sh*t. The way he plays is very Keane like he is very difficult to find on the pitch and he misses way too many sitters. No way in this world is he worth 16million or whatever was payed for him. I would take K. Jones over him any day I am a big fan of his he posseses key characteristics that would sharpen our attack. He is tall good with his head, versatile and most frighetening of all quick for his size. However he recently signed a 4 year deal with Sunderland meaning naturally they will hike up his transfer price given that he is tied down for such a long time.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #37: Feb 15, 2009 04:07:34 pm
      Why all the interest in Kenwyn Jones all of a sudden?

He has got fair potential but he is a young player who is doing 'OK' at a mediocre side and as we already know, Rafa doesn't play his younger players as much as he perhaps should. But thats the way Rafa is.

So if it's a striker we were going to buy, then it should be someone tried and tested and someone that Benitez both likes and uses and wont just keep the bench warm . . . . . I'd make sure that Michael Owen was back in the red of Liverpool next season. Bargain.
      King_Fernando_Torres
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #38: Feb 15, 2009 04:12:20 pm
      Yeah I would like to see modric aswell

Also should have demanded aaron lennon in a player + cash for keane
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Feb 15, 2009 05:13:45 pm
      Ok Bent does have a decent srike return this season, but I think he is sh*t. The way he plays is very Keane like he is very difficult to find on the pitch and he misses way too many sitters. No way in this world is he worth 16million or whatever was payed for him.

Totally agree.

Whats anyone think of Zaki, just that he is a powerful player and could take defenders away from Torres.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #40: Feb 15, 2009 05:29:01 pm
      In the league, I'd go for Lennon or Valencia at RM but should Agger leave I think Brede Hangeland, Cahill, Wheater or simply call Hobbs back.

Crouchy to come back after Pompey get relegated. Darby to fill in as back up RB.

Would absolutely rejoice if Crouchy came back, but won't get my hopes up.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #41: Feb 15, 2009 05:42:39 pm
      Yeah I would like to see modric aswell

Also should have demanded aaron lennon in a player + cash for keane

I can't see where Modric would fit into the team to be honest. Only place would be behind Torres but obviously that position is already taken up by a much better player.
      King_Fernando_Torres
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #42: Feb 15, 2009 05:46:29 pm
      yeah thats very true

What was I thinking

I think we could do well at bringing in someone with alot of experience like we did when we signed McAllister
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #43: Feb 15, 2009 05:46:38 pm
      David Nugent. Give him a crack at a big club and he'll do the business.

You are a F***ing headbanger.
      King_Fernando_Torres
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 15, 2009 05:49:17 pm
      my thoughts exactly

Id rather sign Ade Akinbye from Burnley
      When
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts | -5