Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Nest Boxes

Read 3366 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Nest Boxes
      Feb 19, 2009 12:44:52 pm
      Just out of curiosity has anyone else got any nest boxes up in their garden as spring is around the corner they will be looking for somewhere real soon its good to give something back to wildlife after all the sh*t we heap upon it , if you have any ,have you had any success with them , and if so what species have you had in them?
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2009 08:34:17 am by JD »
      MsGerrard
      Re: nest boxes
      Reply #1: Feb 19, 2009 02:57:46 pm
      We do have nest boxes up in our garden, but unfortunately they very rarely get used, probably due to the fact that we have two cats.

In saying that, every year without fail we have a family of starlings nesting under the eaves, they are here now and I can hear them being busy  ;D

We also have fat balls/nuts in baskets in the garden, I had a surprise the other morning when there was a rat wrapped round one of them having a good old nibble  :o
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Feb 19, 2009 05:06:38 pm
      We also have fat balls/nuts in baskets in the garden,

What you get up to on your private property is your own business madame.  ;)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3: Feb 19, 2009 05:11:14 pm
      I have a couple of boxes and they get used every year,finches,robins and tits often make use of them.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Feb 19, 2009 05:14:17 pm
      What you get up to on your private property is your own business madame.  ;)

RedKenny..........really !!  :-[  :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Feb 19, 2009 05:18:48 pm
      RedKenny..........really !!  :-[  :lmao:

I couldn't bleedin' resist!!! It's your fault!  ;)

I have a couple of boxes and they get used every year,finches,robins and tits often make use of them.

Get loads of magpies around ours and they usually scare all the other birds away unfortunately.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #6: Feb 19, 2009 05:46:05 pm
      Get loads of magpies around ours and they usually scare all the other birds away unfortunately.

It may sound cruel to some but I shoot them so not many dare come to my garden,the same goes for grey squirrels both to me are vermin, and to nature lovers.
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2009 08:34:58 am by JD »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #7: Feb 19, 2009 06:08:20 pm

It may sound cruel to some but I shoot them so not many dare come to my garden,the same goes for grey squirrels both to me are vermin, and to nature lovers.

Its a fact that magpies and grey tree rats as i call them take more eggs and young chicks than birds of prey in this country .And this morning i had two pairs of tits arguing over my box ,now that hasn,t happened in a while.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #8: Feb 19, 2009 06:10:37 pm
      Its a fact that magpies and grey tree rats as I call them take more eggs and young chicks than birds of prey in this country .And this morning I had two pairs of tits arguing over my box ,now that hasn,t happened in a while.

Wait for the funnies.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Nest Boxes
      Reply #9: Feb 20, 2009 08:37:00 am
      And this morning i had two pairs of tits arguing over my box ,now that hasn,t happened in a while.

It's alright for some.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Nest Boxes
      Reply #10: Feb 20, 2009 03:28:54 pm

I love this thread.  ;D

Quick Reply