Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Pre March 14th

Read 2771 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,323 posts | 2855 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Pre March 14th
      Feb 22, 2009 12:46:47 am
      I know there are topics like are we title contenders talking about this but I wanted to start a new topic to drive the point home.

At present we are 8 points off utd with a game in hand tomorrow. Im certain we will win that game bringing the gap back down to 5 points. We then both head off to difficult away ties in Europe. But bear this in mind

Fergie will go all out to not lose to Mourinho therefore full strenght side will play in Milan. Chances are Inter will do enough to nick a win. Morale slightly dinted for utd who come back to play a league cup final on Sunday. They are on for a clean sweep so will be all out to win with a near full strenght side. Win or lose doesnt matter. What matters is the games are building up. By this stage we should be down to a 2 point gap with utds game in hand that Wednesday away to Newcastle. Then its an Fa cup tie before round 2 with Inter on the Wednesday.

I could be wrong here but while there playing FA cup we will be free befoe playing in Europe on Tuesday giving us an extra days rest before the big game on March 14th

My point being there could be a little gap, maybe 3 points between us, and us that bit fresher going into the game. Dont believe Sky and the press saying its over. Its only begiining. But its vital we win tomorrow so get right behind your side. Believe me we are in a better spot then you realise.

BELIEVE
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Re: Pre March 14th
      Reply #1: Feb 22, 2009 01:58:35 am
      I know there are topics like are we title contenders talking about this but I wanted to start a new topic to drive the point home.

At present we are 8 points off utd with a game in hand tomorrow. Im certain we will win that game bringing the gap back down to 5 points. We then both head off to difficult away ties in Europe. But bear this in mind

Fergie will go all out to not lose to Mourinho therefore full strenght side will play in Milan. Chances are Inter will do enough to nick a win. Morale slightly dinted for utd who come back to play a league cup final on Sunday. They are on for a clean sweep so will be all out to win with a near full strenght side. Win or lose doesnt matter. What matters is the games are building up. By this stage we should be down to a 2 point gap with utds game in hand that Wednesday away to Newcastle. Then its an Fa cup tie before round 2 with Inter on the Wednesday.

I could be wrong here but while there playing FA cup we will be free befoe playing in Europe on Tuesday giving us an extra days rest before the big game on March 14th

My point being there could be a little gap, maybe 3 points between us, and us that bit fresher going into the game. Dont believe Sky and the press saying its over. Its only begiining. But its vital we win tomorrow so get right behind your side. Believe me we are in a better spot then you realise.

BELIEVE

Well said fella.

The Media have been masturbating over United for the past few months esp after they success in Japan.

Yeah your right, we have the weekend off before the 2nd legs which comes in good time as after the 2nd leg we are playing the scums. At the same time they have found the time dissing us in the process. It is us against the rest (media, other clubs, other club fans etc = critics).

It is vital that we win our next 3 games, very vital before we go to OT

I feel we will win the league. Hopefully all our fans/majority at least starting believing

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Feb 22, 2009 08:10:24 am
      I agree Brian it is definitely not over,there is still plenty of time to make United squirm.We just need to carry on winning each game and then it will be a joy to see Fergusons face.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Feb 22, 2009 08:51:07 am
      It's never over until 2nd place is mathematically out of first place.

Let Man United handle their problems while we handle ours. Let's win every possible game we have left. We're out of the FA Cup, who's to say that there's no advantage? We have an extra weekened off for rest and for injured players to heal. It's very, very important that we win all our games before the big show down at Old Trafford, which of course, is the match the decide the where the title is going.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Feb 22, 2009 09:23:56 am
      Well thought out Brian. Lets see how their success on all 4 fronts comes back to bite them in the arse.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #5: Feb 22, 2009 10:13:39 am
      well said.i also noticed a change in the man u players when they were walking off the pitch after they all thanked the ref.they weren't celebrating and looked as if they'd lost the game.they've been playing a lot of poor sides lately lets see how they now cope with playing a few sides who are capable of not just scoring against them but beating them too.
      the season can change in a week,i just hope our players keep believing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,323 posts | 2855 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Feb 22, 2009 10:19:00 am
      well said.I also noticed a change in the man u players when they were walking off the pitch after they all thanked the ref.they weren't celebrating and looked as if they'd lost the game.they've been playing a lot of poor sides lately lets see how they now cope with playing a few sides who are capable of not just scoring against them but beating them too.
      the season can change in a week,I just hope our players keep believing.

Good call about the poor sides and a lot of home games to. Im certain they will go belly up so we need to make sure we dont mess up
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #7: Feb 22, 2009 10:21:32 am
      Well said Brian.

It's not over until WE say it's over. We will not give up.

The Old Trafford game is so crucial. If we beat them there, their pride and confidence will be well and truly dented, and who knows, they may drop a point or two after being embarrassed on their home patch.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #8: Feb 22, 2009 10:40:13 am
      I agree with what you are all saying but, If we don't beat Man City, we are in alot of trouble as it will be a huge gap between us and united. Also Chelsea are on our tail again, so losing against City is not an option, we HAVE to win.
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #9: Feb 22, 2009 10:42:33 am

BELIEVE

Belief is a powerful weapon, a good post that we can still do it and it aint over till the fat lady sings so you never know.

BELIEVE
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #10: Feb 22, 2009 11:07:40 am
      I consoled myself with that shocking refereeing in the manure game yesterday with the thought, if keep winning, they'll slip up somewhere.
      Not only should we not believe the press that the title race is over, we should not believe them when they say united are unstoppable because they just didn't deserve to beat blackburn yesterday and they've had a few boring scrappy 1-0 wins lately.
      Ill take a 3 point gap going into the game at OT, i think we can do them there if it's only a small gap. I'd be positive we'd win if we were ahead of them because Slur Alex always plays the same way against us at OT, its a cagey first half usually 0-0 and then he waits for us to go for the win because we usually need to close a 10 point gap an they hit us on the break. He won't have it all his way this time.
      And to be honest i hope they keep hold of this "untouchable" tag because we'll bring them down with a bang when we beat them fair and square at OT.
      BELIEVE :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #11: Feb 22, 2009 11:53:34 am
      Good post Brian we're definitely in with a shout here,the spawny  bas**rds did it again with the 1 goal win margin against Blackburn on the bright side they carry a
      few injuries now - Evans,Neville and Brown which won't help their cause so lets pile on the pressure and go for it. All that sh*te off the media writing us off and all that carry on,they were writing the same crap when we were top of the league so whats that worth?
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2009 12:10:32 pm by stuey »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1803 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #12: Feb 22, 2009 12:04:01 pm
      lets get the 3 points today 1st.

But yes we have a great chance still.

Taggart has already said he is after the champions league 1st, so he will be rotating to suit that. They scraped a win last night, just shows what happens when teams attack them. Or at least try.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #13: Feb 22, 2009 12:09:20 pm
      No question that we HAVE to win today, and you are all right, it's not over yet. Im sick of everyone writing us off so early, it is still achieveable and we will always believe right until the end.YNWA
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #14: Feb 22, 2009 12:31:36 pm
      Brilliant post brian mate, all it takes is one slip from Utd and we're in. Just because the media say it's over and they cant be beaten doesn't make it true. I've been saying in my last few posts that we are due a winning streak this season, and now is the best time for one. If we can put pressure on them bas**rds they will crumble. Everyone needs to start believing, from the owners (long shot!) down to the mascots.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #15: Feb 22, 2009 01:05:25 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/fixtures/default.stm

Just have a look at that. We could (and should) be top of the league by the time they play Newcastle. That is fantastic news. We have a much easier run in than they do and IMO the few games that will really test us will be Scum away and maybe Arsenal at home. We should cruise through all the rest. I've also worked out that if we win our next 3 games (against Man City, Middlesbrough and Sunderland) and they win their next game (away to Newcastle), we will go into the "title decider" just two points behind them. If we can snatch a victory there, which I'm confident we can do, we will go top again, which will lift our morale levels up to the sky and put their's down to the floor. Keep believing!

YNWA because IRWT.
      LauraMc
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 22, 2009 02:00:59 pm
      Will be a nice birthday present for me if we win at OT ;) :P
      And I'm pretty confident that we can. Every game between now and that game is crucial, as are all the games after it.

Quick Reply