Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

David Villa (Valencia -> Barcelona)

Read 257351 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: David Villa (Valencia)
      Reply #1748: Nov 06, 2009 08:12:51 pm
      The chances of us signing Villa are about as unlikely as Alex Ferguson praising a Refs performance after they have being beaten.

Think there is more chance of signing Villa than that ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1749: Nov 06, 2009 08:52:43 pm
      I only got my hands on one as it was dossed infront of me by some pure randomer while I was on my way through town, killing time for the Green Day gig.

How was Green Day? I so wanted to go.

Well, it'd be nice to have David Villa here.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #1750: Nov 08, 2009 01:28:35 pm
      If he's not coming here, I hope he stays in Spain forever.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #1751: Nov 26, 2009 03:42:15 pm
      David Villa has not ruled a move to the premiership if he decides to leave Valencia(sky sports).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1752: Nov 26, 2009 09:31:25 pm
      David Villa has not ruled a move to the premiership if he decides to leave Valencia(sky sports).

Ta for posting the article ::) :laugh:

Villa opens door to England

Valencia striker David Villa will not rule out moving to a Premier League club should he eventually leave the Mestalla.

The Spain international is being tipped to leave Los Che in the New Year with Valencia believed to be around £500million in the red.

The 27-year-old has previously only expressed a desire to remain in La Liga with giants Real Madrid his preferred destination.

Villa's admission is likely to interest the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United, although Liverpool are unlikely to compete for his £40m signature.

The former Real Zaragoza and Sporting Gijon ace accepts that it would not be prudent to rule out any possible destinations.

"I have not closed the door on any club because I only have a short career and I want to enjoy my football," Villa is quoted as saying in the Daily Star.

"I have had a lot of offers, but I would have to pick the best option, and that could be in the Premier League, which I have never ruled out."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11837_5721282,00.html

Though he said it to the Daily Star which is sh*te for sport.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1753: Nov 26, 2009 11:09:48 pm
      According to Marca  with direct qoutes from Llorente Valencia will not be selling any of their top stars in January , he says they are doing well in the league etc and the key to success is continuity which means even if they go 3/4 years with no signings in 18/20 million bracket they will do just that.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #1754: Nov 27, 2009 05:10:07 am
      didn't he say he will only play for liverpool (if he leaves spain for england)??

i think we could adopt to diamond if, if he signs..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1755: Nov 27, 2009 08:40:38 am

We'd have to set up a donations site first, because H&G are skint.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1756: Nov 27, 2009 09:22:09 pm
      Chelsea & United told: Villa can leave Valencia

2009-11-27 - Added by ExtraFootie http://www.extrafootie.co.uk/news/article/31648/

Valencia boss Unai Emery has for the first time admitted star striker David Villa can leave the Mestalla, but only if he can find an adequate replacement.

Villa, who turns 28 on Thursday, is widely regarded as one of the best strikers in world football, and has been consistently linked with a host of top European clubs ever since his goalscoring exploits during Spain's successful Euro 2008 campaign.

The former Zaragoza man has bagged 113 goals in 187 appearances for Los Che in just over four seasons, and his club have time and again reiterated their stance that he is not for sale at any price, despite their financial problems.

However, it seems the purse strings are tighter than ever for Emery, who has finally come out and conceded that the club are willing to consider letting "El Guaje" leave, but not before they bring in a decent replacement.

"The exit of Villa will be dependant on us identifying a suitable replacement," he is quoted as saying by skysports.com.

"At the moment the club is working on that, but any decision will not rest with me.

"My mission is to prepare the squad for the present and not think too much about the future.

"Valencia will always be a big club and we do not depend on just one or two players."

This news will no doubt be music to the ears of Villa's various suitors around Europe, with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United all believed to be interested in his services.

Reports in Spain say that Villa will definitely join one of Barca or Real, though more recent stories quote the player as suggesting he would be open to a move to England, and in particular, to Old Trafford.

Villa has also been a long term target of Rafa Benitez at Liverpool, with the thought of pairing him up with good friend and international team-mate Fernando Torres enough to make Rafa consider altering his formation.

However, unless the Reds are able to tie up their upcoming investment deal in the next month, which is very unlikely, then there is no way they would be able to compete financially with their rivals for his signature.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1757: Nov 27, 2009 11:45:35 pm
      Let's get fans the world over to donate to a cause to buy him. Everyone donates, would be well on our way to the funds!

Bottom of the barrel, i know :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1758: Nov 28, 2009 12:22:51 am
      I will donate £100 right now!
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #1759: Dec 01, 2009 02:18:10 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1760: Dec 01, 2009 02:25:42 pm
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1761: Dec 01, 2009 04:11:31 pm
      Don't know why this topic is still open, we're never going to be able to sign him unless Dick and Dickhead decide to give us a really nice christmas present, or we find excessive amounts of nazi gold.

Personally I think option number 2 is more probable, so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

TheMightyTorres
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #1762: Dec 01, 2009 04:54:42 pm
      lets just see shall we would love to see the spanish ace at our club but it probable that we will neva get him so lets just hope that benitez will make a good descion on who to get to gel with el nino because that is were we are lacking in our team
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1763: Dec 01, 2009 05:00:53 pm
      Sky Sports
      Llorente - Villa worth 88m euros
      Valencia president looks to warn off any interested parties

Valencia president Manuel Llorente has moved to price David Villa out of the market by slapping an €88million price-tag on the forward.

The Spain international has been constantly linked with a move away from the Mestalla in recent years as Los Che continue to struggle financially.

Valencia have so far managed to resist the temptation to cash in on their major asset but last week appeared resigned to losing the former Real Zaragoza man.

Head coach Unai Emery admitted that Villa would be allowed to leave but only if they were able to bring in a replacement of a similar standard.

The 27-year-old was reportedly close to joining either Real Madrid or Barcelona in the summer for a fee believed to be around €44million but now Llorente reveals that any interested party would have to double that amount to land the frontman.

"The value for any deal was €44million minimum but we have decided to increase this to double - €88million," he said.

"My opinion of David's value is because he has demonstrated his quality in all competitions. The price is placed by the current market not by our desires."

Llorente added that if the valuation was met Valencia have proved in the past that they can succeed without their biggest stars.

"We do not have to accept. We do not have fears to sell because Valencia have been in a similar situation in the past with players like (Gaizka) Mendieta, Claudio Lopez or Gerard and we are still alive," he highlighted.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5736986,00.html
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #1764: Dec 01, 2009 05:03:48 pm
      He's good but not €88m good.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1765: Dec 01, 2009 05:12:29 pm
      No matter how good he is, he will never be worth 88 mill euros, Nando on the other hand.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1766: Dec 01, 2009 05:29:24 pm
      Like I said up there ^^ earlier Llorente does not want to sell, vastly over inflate his price if some muppet decides to pay it, they can pay off vast amounts of their debts and replace him, quite a strategy.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1767: Dec 01, 2009 05:56:21 pm
      Villa worth 88million?

Nando is at least 200 then. Suck on that man shitty.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1768: Dec 01, 2009 06:04:47 pm
      Like I said up there ^^ earlier Llorente does not want to sell, vastly over inflate his price if some muppet decides to pay it, they can pay off vast amounts of their debts and replace him, quite a strategy.

In saying that I wouldn't mind Hicks & Gillet playing Kermit & Miss Piggy in the January window :D
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #1769: Dec 01, 2009 10:42:08 pm
      They know they can get a very good deal for Villa.. Only a fool would pay that kind of money because.. Although he is one of the best around.. that kinda money for his age is a risk.. Only team that would pay for that will be Man City... and I think he will move there if they get a better in charge before David is released...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1770: Dec 01, 2009 11:06:59 pm
      But if someone was to offer that they would just demand more.

The only way someone will get Villa is if they pay his get out clause.

Quick Reply