Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Where do we need strengthening for a title challenge

Read 41773 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Where do we need strengthening for a title challenge
      Reply #368: Mar 31, 2009 10:48:15 am
      Sorry mate but i aint searching through hundreds of comments just to read a comment that you said ;D. How do we not need him? We struggled when torres was injured so he would be a good back up player. He is an awesome player. How does his attitude stink? The guy is never in the headlines so you can't fault his attitude if not much is said of his reactions to rumours.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #369: Mar 31, 2009 10:55:53 am
      Sorry mate but I aint searching through hundreds of comments just to read a comment that you said ;D. How do we not need him? We struggled when torres was injured so he would be a good back up player. He is an awesome player. How does his attitude stink? The guy is never in the headlines so you can't fault his attitude if not much is said of his reactions to rumours.

The Eto'o thread has only two pages......and mine is the second last one ......anways he will whine if he's not played and  this means we have to sacrifice Stevie-Nando for him !
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #370: Mar 31, 2009 10:58:11 am
      Dobar vam je ovaj Dzeko.

Dobro bi nam doso ovdje I bio opasan pokraj Torresa za mene je kao Ibrahimovic ali jos brzi!

Dobro doso na najbolji forum  ;)

Hehe, bolje vas nasao. Ma Dzeko je beton, ne zato sto je nas ali je stvarno dobar. Mada cisto sumnjam da ga Rafa prati.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #371: Mar 31, 2009 11:42:04 am

Hehe, bolje vas nasao. Ma Dzeko je beton, ne zato sto je nas ali je stvarno dobar. Mada cisto sumnjam da ga Rafa prati.

Ohhhh no you didnt (in a schoolgirl, sassy tone) :f_tongueincheek:

Eto'o though, 18 million? Geez Louise. He's worth no more than 10 million. Injury prone, nearly 30 and lost that yard or two in pace. Still great player, but not the same guy who was at Barca when Ronaldinho was World Footballer of the Year.
      zzlamezz123
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #372: Mar 31, 2009 12:15:56 pm
      I think Gerrard will continue playing behind Torres next season as they are playing well together...so need a back-up striker in case Torres gets injured...
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #373: Mar 31, 2009 12:43:22 pm
      Torres works best with Gerrard. If we sign Etoó that would break up the telepathic understanding but no one knows. I feel that Torres is best upfront alone. Spending 18m is far too much for a player that may just break the dressing room harmony, but if hes at his best hes unstoppable. But no, we dont need him. We cant afford to let him sulk from the bench. Maybe he may work from the right attacking flank I dont know, but if Etoós coming I only see him drifting in from the flanks, like what Henry does at Barca.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #374: Apr 02, 2009 03:00:43 am
      Dzeko strikes twice again for Bosnia against Belgium. I'm telling you Raffa,,,, Forget about Eto or anyone else. Get this one. He is the future!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #375: Apr 02, 2009 03:15:17 am
      If this Dzeko fella is anything like Crouch then I don't see why we don't sign him. I've said the only player in the Prem who could play alongside Torres is Crouch but because of the big man's desire to play first team football he left Anfield - no problem with that.

So if Dzeko is similar to him then, depending on price, we should take a look at him. Personally I must admit I've never heard of him but that's not much to go on.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #376: Apr 02, 2009 03:30:20 am
      If this Dzeko fella is anything like Crouch then I don't see why we don't sign him. I've said the only player in the Prem who could play alongside Torres is Crouch but because of the big man's desire to play first team football he left Anfield - no problem with that.

So if Dzeko is similar to him then, depending on price, we should take a look at him. Personally I must admit I've never heard of him but that's not much to go on.

He might remind you of Crouch but he's not the same as him. He's like improved version of him. With more pace power, accuracy, scores goals with both head and legs(doesn't matter) He can assist very well and works hard on the pitch. If we don't get him someone else will. :P
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2009 02:35:14 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Post taken out of quote box. »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #377: Apr 02, 2009 03:47:46 am
      Dzeko is a good player as I stated earlier he is at the top in the Bundesliga in goals and assists. I agree he does have that Crouch stlyle about him but he has a better work rate and is a lot quick then Peter. I read that Sunderland were keen on him and ready to offer 12 million. I reckon this would be a bargain although I would tread with caution players from the Balkans have been prolific in other leagues but have known to flop once in the Premier League. In particular in the forward position I would like to remind you Bosko Balaban, Savo Milosevic both flopped at Villa. Kezman a massive flop at Chelsea also.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #378: Apr 06, 2009 12:34:16 pm
      Dzeko is a good player as I stated earlier he is at the top in the Bundesliga in goals and assists. I agree he does have that Crouch stlyle about him but he has a better work rate and is a lot quick then Peter. I read that Sunderland were keen on him and ready to offer 12 million. I reckon this would be a bargain although I would tread with caution players from the Balkans have been prolific in other leagues but have known to flop once in the Premier League. In particular in the forward position I would like to remind you Bosko Balaban, Savo Milosevic both flopped at Villa. Kezman a massive flop at Chelsea also.

I dont't see him floping in any league. Main reason - He's tall, strong, he can drible and he's fast(not like CR7 fast). He is very accurate with both head and leg. Now there are romours that Man. utd are very interested in signing him. He also stored a brace against Bayern Munich....
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #379: Apr 06, 2009 12:43:31 pm
      I didnt say he was going to flop it is more of a buyer beware. The Bundesliga is no where near as strong as the Premier League its a different ball game all together.

In saying that he has all the right attributes to succeed and I wish he does.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #380: Apr 06, 2009 12:48:28 pm
      The most important thing to look at with the Bundesliga is the time on the ball. Do they react quick or not, especially for a striker. Dzeko seems to, have to watch more as i only started when LFCBosnia recommended him.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #381: Apr 06, 2009 01:52:46 pm
      Your right about the Bundesliga, they do get more time but a good player will adapt and in the clips he looks very direct and that would benifit him in the EPL.

This thing about Torres working better on his own is not proved or unproven, the only ones in England he hasn't been able to work with is Voronin and Keane so we know it didn't work out with them two.

Dzeko may be one Torres can work with and if Rafa goes for him he will have done his homework with Torres in mind, that could leave Stevie G in his favourite midfield role, that way he can link up with the forward line also I like Stevie G when he's coming from a deeper role.

I would like to see a right sided winger with plenty of pace and a midfielder with brains and Quality....
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #382: Apr 06, 2009 02:42:49 pm
      Well, i just hope Rafa has set his sights on him and can add him to his concept of a game. 5 or 6 clubs from EPL are keen on buying him including Arsenal and Man. utd.. Milan are also very interested, Predrag Naletilic(Milans Rick Perry) said for our newspaper that they will try to bring him in this summer and they will give the amount Wolfsburg wants for him. It's either him or Benzema if rafa gets 100 mil. pounds as reported . We need a killer attack who will destroy any defence. ;)
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #383: Apr 28, 2009 09:42:33 pm
      Ironically I think we should've made an attempt to sign Arshavin when we sold Keane in January. You can't get many players as good as him for around the 15 million pricetag. I think a player who can play behind the strikers and on the wings would've been exactly what we needed. A similar player who has pace and creativity aswell as the ability to score goals is what we need this summer, I think looking to debt ridden Valencia is a good idea, Silva, Juan Mata or even David Villa (although highly unlikely). Attempting to sign Barry again when we have a better player in Alonso is a bad idea.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #384: Apr 29, 2009 08:26:04 am
      Edin Dzeko: Liverpool & Manchester United Go Head to Head for £13M Bundesliga Star Striker

Edin Dzeko: Bosnian Hot ShotInterest is building in Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko with numerous Premier League clubs reported to be monitoring his progress though Liverpool and Manchester United have emerged as front-runners. The 23-year-old has enjoyed a superb season after scoring 16 goals in 27 league appearances (24 starts) as his club currently tops the Bundesliga with 5 games to go. His impressive displays have brought interest from the likes of Tottenham, Everton, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Sunderland as well as Champions League regulars Chelsea and Arsenal.

The Bosnian striker is currently the joint 4th top scorer in Germany, six goals behind leading marksman and team-mate Grafite. However, Grafite’s tally includes 7 penalties whilst Dzeko’s 16-goal tally doesn’t include any from the spot. The Bosnian is also 7 years younger than his strike partner plus more creative and is tipped to move to one of the European giants this summer.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Dzeko has all the attributes needed to be a big hit in the Premier League as not only is he tall (6 ft 3), he is also quick, can dribble and is two-footed. Not only has the Bosnian proved himself in the Bundesliga but also at international level where he boasts a superb record of 9 goals in 15 appearances for his country. He is arguably the hottest international forward in the world right now after scoring 8 of his goals in his last 6 appearances. This includes 3 goals in two matches against Belgium this month. Dzeko also scored on his international debut against Turkey in June 2007 taking the step up in class in his stride.

The 23-year-old began his playing career in his homeland with Zeljeznicar as a midfielder before reverting to a striker and moving to Czech side FC Teplice where he scored 16 goals in 43 league appearances. Dzeko finished top scorer in 2006/07 prior to a €4million move to Wolfsburg in the summer of 2007.

Will United or Liverpool Sign the Bundesliga Star?He was voted best striker in the first half of the 2007/08 Bundesliga season by Sportal.de ending the campaign with 8 goals in 28 league appearances (17 starts). However, this season Dzeko has been nothing short of a revelation which has brought scouts flooding to the Volkswagen Arena to watch him play. He is in a rich vein of form after netting 13 goals in his last 12 domestic appearances including four braces. Dzeko’s record in the Bundesliga is an impressive 24 goals in 55 league appearances (41 starts). Therefore, it’s no surprise that his lit of admirers is growing week on week. Manchester United are unlikely to sign Carlos Tevez permanently and with Dimitar Berbatov not overly impressive in his debut season, Dzeko would be an excellent acquisition.

Rafa Benitez is also in the hunt for a new striker with Ryan Babel likely to depart leaving Fernando Torres as the only recognised Striker alongside the inexperienced David Ngog. The tall Bosnian hitman can play a similar role to Torres but can also play deeper as he is a creative ball player rather than just a target man.

Do you like what you’ve seen of Edin Dzeko? Is he the sort of young talent your side needs? Which club would you join if you were him? Let’ s hear your views.

This article jus emerged. Don't know how much of it is actually true....
      I also think we should try to sign Etoo amongst all others. Would fit perfectly with Torres.
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #385: Apr 29, 2009 11:02:20 am
      You know it would be my dream if we bought David Villa and had him and torres up front. There is hope for us getting him valencia are in financial trouble so if we put the right bid in we could get him. Plus he'd have a spanish boss and spain team mates so he'd settle in well.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #386: Apr 29, 2009 12:26:53 pm
      Edin Dzeko: Liverpool & Manchester United Go Head to Head for £13M Bundesliga Star Striker

Edin Dzeko: Bosnian Hot ShotInterest is building in Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko with numerous Premier League clubs reported to be monitoring his progress though Liverpool and Manchester United have emerged as front-runners. The 23-year-old has enjoyed a superb season after scoring 16 goals in 27 league appearances (24 starts) as his club currently tops the Bundesliga with 5 games to go. His impressive displays have brought interest from the likes of Tottenham, Everton, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Sunderland as well as Champions League regulars Chelsea and Arsenal.

The Bosnian striker is currently the joint 4th top scorer in Germany, six goals behind leading marksman and team-mate Grafite. However, Grafite’s tally includes 7 penalties whilst Dzeko’s 16-goal tally doesn’t include any from the spot. The Bosnian is also 7 years younger than his strike partner plus more creative and is tipped to move to one of the European giants this summer.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Dzeko has all the attributes needed to be a big hit in the Premier League as not only is he tall (6 ft 3), he is also quick, can dribble and is two-footed. Not only has the Bosnian proved himself in the Bundesliga but also at international level where he boasts a superb record of 9 goals in 15 appearances for his country. He is arguably the hottest international forward in the world right now after scoring 8 of his goals in his last 6 appearances. This includes 3 goals in two matches against Belgium this month. Dzeko also scored on his international debut against Turkey in June 2007 taking the step up in class in his stride.

The 23-year-old began his playing career in his homeland with Zeljeznicar as a midfielder before reverting to a striker and moving to Czech side FC Teplice where he scored 16 goals in 43 league appearances. Dzeko finished top scorer in 2006/07 prior to a €4million move to Wolfsburg in the summer of 2007.

Will United or Liverpool Sign the Bundesliga Star?He was voted best striker in the first half of the 2007/08 Bundesliga season by Sportal.de ending the campaign with 8 goals in 28 league appearances (17 starts). However, this season Dzeko has been nothing short of a revelation which has brought scouts flooding to the Volkswagen Arena to watch him play. He is in a rich vein of form after netting 13 goals in his last 12 domestic appearances including four braces. Dzeko’s record in the Bundesliga is an impressive 24 goals in 55 league appearances (41 starts). Therefore, it’s no surprise that his lit of admirers is growing week on week. Manchester United are unlikely to sign Carlos Tevez permanently and with Dimitar Berbatov not overly impressive in his debut season, Dzeko would be an excellent acquisition.

Rafa Benitez is also in the hunt for a new striker with Ryan Babel likely to depart leaving Fernando Torres as the only recognised Striker alongside the inexperienced David Ngog. The tall Bosnian hitman can play a similar role to Torres but can also play deeper as he is a creative ball player rather than just a target man.

Do you like what you’ve seen of Edin Dzeko? Is he the sort of young talent your side needs? Which club would you join if you were him? Let’ s hear your views.

This article jus emerged. Don't know how much of it is actually true....
      I also think we should try to sign Etoo amongst all others. Would fit perfectly with Torres.

I've read this somewhere before, and I think if the Scums wants him then we should have a go at him also. Providing him with the better options is essential to lure him to us. Scums have Rooney and Berbatov while we have Torres as a functional striker. Kuyt right now has been shifted to right side and playing great. So why go to the Scum and be a 3rd choice striker while you can partner Torres anytime.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #387: Apr 29, 2009 12:29:25 pm
      Why not World Class Scouts. Many of them!
      Grab those low profile players or young players still in their academy that can become a Messi Torres or Gerrard mascherano in the future.
      Or can even spot a poor street teenager playing a rotten football in the slums who can become one of those.
      Sure only very good scouts can see that. Im prolly daydreaming.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #388: Apr 29, 2009 04:45:51 pm
      From the rumours this summer there isn't many signins to get exited about, hopefully that'll change but chasing Barry again for an overpriced amount is something I don't want. 12-16 million for a position we don't really need. Downing could be a decent signing but only if boro' aren't charging an obscene price. I would be delighted to sign David Silva, David Villa would also be a dream signing but I haven't got much confidence that will happen this summer as the fee would probably reach around 30 million! Or how about Matias Fernandez?!
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #389: Apr 29, 2009 05:10:28 pm
      dzenko looks ace :)

sign him up :D
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #390: Apr 29, 2009 05:32:08 pm
      I think we need either cover at both RAM and RB or an improvement on both.
      A cover CDM, in the Mascherano role.
      Maybe cover at CB depending on who goes.
      LAM could be an option if someone is available, then ship-out Babel.

Quick Reply