Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

I want Mourinho at Anfield

Read 5386 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: I want Mourinho at Anfield
      Reply #23: Mar 02, 2009 02:16:40 am
      Inter Milian are leading in a poor Serie A league...

Roma are pretty poor, even Arsenal outplayed them.

Roma were leading Inter at the San Siro today by 2-0 and then 3-1.

Mourinho made two subs at half-time to change the game, and boy did it work. He brought Figo and Vieira on - completely changed the way the game was heading. The final result was 3-3.

The man isn't dumb, he knows how to manage even the biggest of sides with relative ease - still doesn't mean I want him though.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #24: Mar 02, 2009 06:41:06 am
      I would take Klinnsmann.

We have already destroyed both Inter as well as Jose earlier.Time to hunt down some fresh prey.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Mar 02, 2009 07:52:12 am
      Wouldn't that be a fantastic treble in Europe to knock out Real Madrid Inter Milan and Manure in the semi final and who cares who we get in the final.I also feel we are destined to meet and beat Manure in Europe this season.One thing is certain Mourhino and Ferguson will be terrified of getting drawn against us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Mar 02, 2009 10:06:51 am
      I would like Bayern Munich ( to show everybody in the world that their win against Sporting Lisbon is just proving the portugese team are sh*te or that it was a fluke :) )

OR Manure, let them experience a european night at anfield and embarrasse them.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Mar 02, 2009 10:15:45 am
      We have something to prove with most sides:

Bayern - Rafa v Klinsmann. What a saga that was.
      Arsenal - duh.
      Chelsea - double duh
      Scum - triple duh
      Barca - Top 2 teams in the comp.
      Inter - Rafa v Moany again, wow.

We never get an easy run so i expect one of these in the next round providing we get through. Bring on anyone, if we can beat Madrid after their run then i firmly believe we can beat anyone. That was the best defence in the competition up until we did 'em one.

Rome 09
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #28: Mar 02, 2009 10:28:21 am
      F**k off mourinho I love Rafa
      gilbert-19
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #29: Mar 02, 2009 10:41:19 am

Same here
      we can build a great team under Rafa
      Morin would be a failure in my eyes!!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #30: Mar 02, 2009 11:15:36 am
      Stanley is having another collywobbles here is his article stating why we should sack rafa and get jose

Saturday February 28 must go down as the day Manchester United effectively retained their Premier League title - without having to kick a ball.

My Call Collymore phone-in was bombarded by Liverpool fans exasperated by the 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.
      I have the ultimate respect for Anfield manager Rafa Benitez for turning the club into a force in Europe again. But he is absolutely not the man to take them forward next season to challenge Manchester United for a 19th title.
      And I think that when chief executive Rick Parry goes this summer, Benitez should follow him through the exit door.
      Liverpool's chances of finally landing the title for the first time since 1990 looked good when they won at Chelsea last October. But since Rafa's rant about United boss Sir Alex Ferguson in early January, Liverpool have stuttered badly.
      The problem has been a genuine lack of quality as they have spent money on players who wouldn't get into Manchester United's side.
      Apart from Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, there is very little creativity, imagination and guile in Liverpool's team - and they are just too darn negative.
      Benitez's tactics may work at Real Madrid in the Champions League, where you can shut up shop and nick a 1-0 win like they did last week, but not in the Premier League where anybody can beat anybody.

The biggest challenge for Liverpool is to create another dynasty to rival the ones set up by Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly.
      And I think the only man who can do that is former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, whose Inter Milan team now top Serie A. I realise he isn't popular on Merseyside but Mourinho has absolute self-belief and I firmly believe he should be the next Anfield boss.
      I would urge Liverpool not to delay and to start putting the feelers out now for the Portu-geezer.
      Liverpool have missed on out Nemanja Vidic and Cristiano Ronaldo in the past by not being decisive enough, but this is one decision they should not stall on.

With the political battles at Anfield, luring Mourinho from Milan will not be easy. But I hope there is a big broom to clean up Liverpool this summer and sweep away Parry, Benitez and of course the club's American owners.
      I hope any new owners stump up the money required to transform the club and then keep their heads down - unlike the Yanks.
      And my first signing would be Mourinho. Players respond to him and he has a proven track record in the Premier League and Europe.
      Benitez's track record is in Europe after winning the 2005 Champions League and reaching the 2007 final so it is a no-brainer for me.
      « Last Edit: Mar 02, 2009 11:44:02 am by ayrton77, Reason: Edited for news format »
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #31: Mar 02, 2009 11:18:23 am
      I dont care what anyone says I hate that c**t mourinho. Rafa is a better manager than him the sooner people realise that the better.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #32: Mar 02, 2009 12:51:33 pm
      Stanley is having another collywobbles here is his article stating why we should sack rafa and get jose

Saturday February 28 must go down as the day Manchester United effectively retained their Premier League title - without having to kick a ball.

My Call Collymore phone-in was bombarded by Liverpool fans exasperated by the 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.
      I have the ultimate respect for Anfield manager Rafa Benitez for turning the club into a force in Europe again. But he is absolutely not the man to take them forward next season to challenge Manchester United for a 19th title.
      And I think that when chief executive Rick Parry goes this summer, Benitez should follow him through the exit door.
      Liverpool's chances of finally landing the title for the first time since 1990 looked good when they won at Chelsea last October. But since Rafa's rant about United boss Sir Alex Ferguson in early January, Liverpool have stuttered badly.
      The problem has been a genuine lack of quality as they have spent money on players who wouldn't get into Manchester United's side.
      Apart from Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, there is very little creativity, imagination and guile in Liverpool's team - and they are just too darn negative.
      Benitez's tactics may work at Real Madrid in the Champions League, where you can shut up shop and nick a 1-0 win like they did last week, but not in the Premier League where anybody can beat anybody.

The biggest challenge for Liverpool is to create another dynasty to rival the ones set up by Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly.
      And I think the only man who can do that is former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, whose Inter Milan team now top Serie A. I realise he isn't popular on Merseyside but Mourinho has absolute self-belief and I firmly believe he should be the next Anfield boss.
      I would urge Liverpool not to delay and to start putting the feelers out now for the Portu-geezer.
      Liverpool have missed on out Nemanja Vidic and Cristiano Ronaldo in the past by not being decisive enough, but this is one decision they should not stall on.

With the political battles at Anfield, luring Mourinho from Milan will not be easy. But I hope there is a big broom to clean up Liverpool this summer and sweep away Parry, Benitez and of course the club's American owners.
      I hope any new owners stump up the money required to transform the club and then keep their heads down - unlike the Yanks.
      And my first signing would be Mourinho. Players respond to him and he has a proven track record in the Premier League and Europe.
      Benitez's track record is in Europe after winning the 2005 Champions League and reaching the 2007 final so it is a no-brainer for me.

what a thick, shortsighted idiot he really is...who reads this crap?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33: Mar 02, 2009 01:02:24 pm
      FFS Stan is there no car parks left for you to explore???
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #34: Mar 02, 2009 02:14:27 pm
      FFS Stan is there no car parks left for you to explore???
      scanned the opening text thought some of this is debatable but when you plough on the negativity is overwhelming it would not be worth responding to the hysterical statements the writer has obviously got too much time on his hands.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #35: Mar 02, 2009 06:39:53 pm
      Does no-one read the first post any more?

Tut tut.

Quick Reply