Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

We're still in a very good position to win the League!

Read 6341 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: We're still in a very good position to win the League!
      Reply #23: Mar 03, 2009 10:20:28 pm
      United have Arsenal and us to play, thats 6 points right there
      Gui F.J.V
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2009 10:21:47 pm
      we have to believe..  we still have chances !
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #25: Mar 03, 2009 10:23:03 pm
      And Villa

I said it before we played S'Land that we can still do it, United have a sh*t record against the top 5 this season. They are ranked 4th, while were ranked 1st.
      Deller
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 03, 2009 10:31:07 pm
      United have Arsenal and us to play, thats 6 points right there

And they've got Man City, we all know form goes out the window when it comes to derbies!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #27: Mar 03, 2009 10:53:45 pm
      I really dont think the title of this post is justified
      we are not in a good position to win the league, its just not realistic now is it.
      I believe man u have already had a bad spell, and to be quite honest have been consistent BUT, not great at all this year, if they do win it , they would have ground out the league cuz they know how to.

I dont think we will do it anymore, were sh*t at taking our chances, and something is still wrong there in the league games, there is a fatal flaw that I cant put my finger on, maybe effort, maybe tactics dont know for sure

sorry fellow reds fans, but this fan has been left deflated by our displays one too many times this year, and i no longer believe
      hope im wrong but I believe im a realist
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #28: Mar 03, 2009 11:04:58 pm
      The only good position is to be top of the league. A position we threw away already. The only thing you can say is we are in a better position than anyone else to catch them not a good position. Could and should be a lot better IMO.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #29: Mar 03, 2009 11:26:54 pm

I'm more of an optimist!

As long as the mancs are not mathematically out of reach then I will always belive we have a chance of winning the league.

No one can predict what will happen over the next couple of months so I don't take it for granted that they will not drop ponts.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #30: Mar 03, 2009 11:28:30 pm
      I really dont think the title of this post is justified
      we are not in a good position to win the league, its just not realistic now is it.
      I believe man u have already had a bad spell, and to be quite honest have been consistent BUT, not great at all this year, if they do win it , they would have ground out the league cuz they know how to.

I dont think we will do it anymore, were sh*t at taking our chances, and something is still wrong there in the league games, there is a fatal flaw that I cant put my finger on, maybe effort, maybe tactics dont know for sure

sorry fellow reds fans, but this fan has been left deflated by our displays one too many times this year, and I no longer believe

It is still possible.. i will keep hoping till it is no longer.. doesnt look good, but we cant just give up we have to believe..
      do you think Chelski fans will be giving up? yeah probably haha but they are knobs!!!
       i bet Hiddink isnt nor Rafa.. Impossible is nothing to them.. thats why they are great.. lets go to theirs and get a result we wanted a challenge so lets turn this title race on its head..
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #31: Mar 03, 2009 11:31:33 pm
      If we dont win it, i pray to god Chelsea embarress Man U and win it.

We have the same passion and fight like we did this game and beat them, we wont be far off come April.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Mar 04, 2009 11:00:37 am
      I did up untill this morning believe we  have no chance of winning the league. But after reading posts from positive and die heart reds like Solodee im feeling its still a possibility. Like you said we should just just hope we win every game. I believe we can and I would put money on it.

I just hope you negative fans are not attending a match at Anfield any time soon. If I get a chance to go again ill give 100% support to the team and scream my f**king head off.

I think you may need to read my post again Kenny  :-\. In it I suggest that; rather than trying to gain comfort from outside and articles written in the "media" we (the team/players) be positive by setting out to win every game. We do that (be positive and win) and then hope the scum and chavs slip up.

BTW I'm as die hard as the next, I always scream and sing my f**king head off and have done for nearly 4 decades. Like I state - it may be an idea for you to read the "offending" post again.  ;)

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2009 11:16:31 am by bad boy bubby »
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #33: Mar 07, 2009 10:06:17 am
      well liverpool have to win every remaining game no draws,even if man utd lose 3 games they can still win the title. but like people say anything can happen in football lets hope it does
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #34: Mar 07, 2009 11:18:01 am
      well liverpool have to win every remaining game no draws,even if man utd lose 3 games they can still win the title. but like people say anything can happen in football lets hope it does

Not necessarily so. Look at the "Are we title contenders" thread see my last 2 posts  ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #35: Mar 07, 2009 12:20:38 pm
      Things lately seem to point to the title being more likely...
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #36: Mar 07, 2009 12:27:20 pm
      Talking of Nando's starts it shows us what we have been missing, you must remember that in all those games he's not been match fit in any. He has had other injury's that have taken their toll and Fernando has not had the consistency you need to get match fit. I hope when he's back

I would love to see a match fit Nando for the final run-in and when we have about 7 or 8 games left we may get to see Nando drive us on to the title and a CL win......
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #37: Mar 07, 2009 01:09:38 pm
      Not only Nando, Stevie too. While waiting for them, maybe we get to see the emergence of N'Gog & El Zhar. At the meantime, we need Benny to steer the team forward like he did in Madrid .
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #38: Mar 07, 2009 01:12:59 pm
      Not only Nando, Stevie too. While waiting for them, maybe we get to see the emergence of N'Gog & El Zhar. At the meantime, we need Benny to steer the team forward like he did in Madrid .

But they are both coming back from injury now, well, Gerrard has already come back from injury.
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Mar 07, 2009 01:19:41 pm
      i will never giving up.....its not over yet...
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #40: Mar 07, 2009 01:20:44 pm
      But they are both coming back from injury now, well, Gerrard has already come back from injury.

Yerp, but he didn't look his usual self for the past couple of game, probably bugged by the court case plus the hamstring injury.

Quick Reply