Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Ferguson - All time great?

Read 8099 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: Ferguson - All time great?
      Reply #46: Mar 15, 2009 12:25:29 am
      Of course Ferguson is all time great; at talking ass or better yet, the things that come from ass. But let's not be so generous, let's highlight the fact, that most of his comments could easily fit in the knee jerk thread without debate.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #47: Mar 15, 2009 03:47:06 am
      bloody ass. got thrashed 4-1 and still says that manure were the better team.  ::)  >:(
      stevief
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #48: Mar 15, 2009 04:26:36 am
      Lmao at fergie another reason he'll never be seen a one of the greats ,no class
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #49: Mar 15, 2009 08:46:01 am
      Cant imagine how the whiskey is flowing this weekend for ol' rednose
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #50: Mar 15, 2009 09:18:38 am
      I think I could better Fergie's record in management when i play rooney tevez berbatov ronaldo. I'll just have a sit on OT's comfy chair and its always 5-0, 5-0, 5-0. He just lost what management is all about. Our rafa works so hard, he'll just sit and expect the lads to do the job. Arrogant c**t.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #51: Mar 15, 2009 03:17:25 pm
      When you folow up the knighthood thing, First busby, done next to F**k all, then charlton, done absolutely F**k all but introduce a new hairstyle, the combe over. ( actually looked better on Rab C. Nesbitt.) Then fergusson, less achievments than Shanks who built from nothing, and less trophies over the same period than Bob Paisley, It's a political thing, totally discredits and devalues Nighthoods in my opinion. Oh, and see my contempt for them, sir? can't even bring myself to spell their name with a capitol letter. I'm sure there's a valid reason why manc rymes with w*nk.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2009 03:22:20 pm
      A True all time great would be able to admit his team got their arses kicked, When He shows his face we'll see! Shitbag!!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2009 04:38:47 pm
      When you measure the great managers in England you start at the top of the Euro tree, and you can then measure your team and how well they do against the best in world football.

And although the bread and butter of clubs will always be the league it's been tainted in the modern era with cash, if you put in enough cash and buy the right manager you can win it in two seasons, not so in Europe there are enough clubs there with  the best players from all over the world.

Europe is the place that Ferguson's dreams have really come of the rails and although he has won it twice the first was the luckiest of wins I have ever witnessed in a European Final, the second was against Chelsea and so it was a team he new inside-out and I think it went to pens.

The fact is until around 2005/6 did Ferguson start getting to grips with the best and by then he had been in his job 20/21 years, enough time for your kid to grow up and become a manager himself.

I know I am bias but by my reckoning in Scotland he comes no higher than third and 4th in England and in Europe he is way behind. So Ferguson go to the back of the line and hope you get reincarnated so you can try again.

Just an afterthought their are both Joe and Kenny that because of Belgium never got their chance to show their talents on the biggest stage...................
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2009 06:28:31 pm
      Great post. Shame if you show this to any Mancs, their inferior brains won't understand.

I do however believe that you used the ! too much :P.

Thanks for that assessment of my 'inferior' brain Eem, no doubt you didn't notice with you 'superior' brain that this article was slanted very heavily in Liverpool's favour, this passage made me chuckle.

"Yet Ferguson took them a step backwards when he arrived, finishing 11th, 2nd (9 points behind us!), 11th and then 13th!  Surely if that happens these days, finishing 2nd and then 11th, there would be a severe inquest into what's going on!"

This seems to be almost an endorsement of the loony impatience being shown by most chairmen today, that our club did have the patience to stick with the same manager and are now reaping the rewards seems to be greeted with scorn...

As far as the stadium being pretty much a shambles I only have this to say, Old Trafford as I'm sure many posters know is built right next to Trafford Park which is an industrial estate. Old Trafford was a lot worse than a shambles (having been bombed to bejaysus by the luftwaffe) when Sir Matt Busby took over, we were first to play in Europe, first English team to win the European Cup and are right now World Champions....

I have no complaints about really great managers like Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly being revered by Liverpool fans but just don't try to tell me that Fergie wasn't great for United because that would just be sour grapes...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #55: Mar 15, 2009 06:33:25 pm
      "Yet Ferguson took them a step backwards when he arrived, finishing 11th, 2nd (9 points behind us!), 11th and then 13th!  Surely if that happens these days, finishing 2nd and then 11th, there would be a severe inquest into what's going on!"

This seems to be almost an endorsement of the loony impatience being shown by most chairmen today, that our club did have the patience to stick with the same manager and are now reaping the rewards seems to be greeted with scorn...

To be fair to CRK, I do think his point is a fair one.

He doesn't endorse the practice of booting out the manager if he has a bad season or string of results, he simply states that this is the way most clubs operate today.

United are indeed reaping the benefits of their trust in one man to do the right job, the very same struggle many fans of Benitez are going through currently!
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #56: Mar 15, 2009 06:36:45 pm
       ;DWhat the scum gonna do when purple nose retires ?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #57: Mar 15, 2009 06:58:57 pm
      A great manager would be gracious in defeat , Fergie ? can't even spell the word ! thinks THEY were the better team, me thinks he's been on the old vino Callapso before  The K.O. ! :f_tongueincheek:
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #58: Mar 15, 2009 08:00:56 pm
      A great manager would be gracious in defeat , Fergie ? can't even spell the word ! thinks THEY were the better team, me thinks he's been on the old vino Callapso before  The K.O. ! :f_tongueincheek:

Well I've got to agree that that statement took me by surprise, it was a bad day at the office and that's all it was, just see how we come back even stronger...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #59: Mar 15, 2009 08:10:13 pm
      If only he had simple mannerisms I may just have the slightest amount of respect for him. Because I have none. Zilch.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #60: Mar 15, 2009 08:39:57 pm
      If only he had simple mannerisms I may just have the slightest amount of respect for him. Because I have none. Zilch.

But he speaks so highly of you Ross.......;)........
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #61: Mar 16, 2009 12:39:54 pm
      Mr C, All I can think to say is the Utd sites must be really entertaning for You as YOU are always on here!! ;)
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #62: Mar 16, 2009 05:09:54 pm
      Im dying to see what becomes of the untouchable Utd when Ferguson goes, Another 27 years without the title will do nicely.

That would be just brill.

Quick Reply