Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich)

Read 10822 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #46: Aug 30, 2010 06:49:22 pm
      They are insane then.

Heskey's goal ratio doesn't even come close to Gomez's.

Yeah, Heskey never scored 35 goals in a season. Gomez is nowhere near world class quality but he knows how to find the net, at the moment considering how short we are upfront I'd be pleased if we got him.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #47: Aug 30, 2010 06:51:54 pm
      Dutch media are reporting this fell through because we were only willing to pay his wages and no fee.

Forget this.  Now on twitter than Bayern have rejected our loan offer as we were only willing to pay his wages and not an upfront fee.  Perhaps we'll go back with a revised offer.  More likely not.
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #48: Aug 30, 2010 08:12:07 pm
      Forget this.  Now on twitter than Bayern have rejected our loan offer as we were only willing to pay his wages and not an upfront fee.  Perhaps we'll go back with a revised offer.  More likely not.
      i can see Cole coming :(
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 30, 2010 09:16:25 pm
      Calling all German speakers (not me!) - there is definately an article on Gomez (and reference to Liverpool) but I cant understand much.

Apparently the deal is OFF.  Bayern Munich, Sporting Director Nerlinger said that, Gomes will stay at the club: "Nerlinger: Gomez bleibt!" [Gomez Stays!]

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/

RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #50: Aug 30, 2010 09:38:37 pm
      If it came to a straight choice between Carlton Cole and Mario Gomez, I would take Gomez everyday of the week. His goal ratio is far better, he has more pace and will give us a real fear factor.

Anyway shame if the deal is off.... come on Roy.. not long left to pull something out of the bag.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #51: Aug 30, 2010 09:44:59 pm
      We probably could of paid the fee for him had Roy not gone in for the purchase of Konchesky! 3 left backs - don't see why we need 3 to be honest. There's strength in depth and there's as unnecessary amount of players in a position that Agger can also play in.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #52: Aug 30, 2010 11:52:09 pm
      Doesn't look like it will happen - that's a kick in the teeth that is.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #53: Aug 31, 2010 01:16:16 am
      Thanks F**k this fell through.

No way would he cut the mustard in the PL.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #54: Aug 31, 2010 08:30:29 am
      Gomez keen on Reds move

Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez is interested in a move to Liverpool, according to the player's agent.

Liverpool are believed to made a loan enquiry for the German international as they look to bolster their attacking options and help take some of the burden off Fernando Torres.

Gomez has dropped down the pecking order at Bayern and he is thought to be considering a move as he searches for regular first-team football.

The player's agent, Uli Ferber, has admitted it would be hard to reject a move to Liverpool.

"When a club like Liverpool inquires, their interest cannot be pushed off the table," Ferber told Kicker.

However, Bayern's sporting director, Christian Nerlinger, claims no one will be leaving the German champions before the transfer window closes.

"Bayern Munich are not a superstore for other clubs to come and help themselves to players," said Nerlinger.

"No player will be leaving and they will certainly not be leaving on loan."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6349732,00.html?

The message here is - "Want a move all you want; but you do what we say as you are under a contract"

It is not by force to capitulate to a player's demands.

If the transfer kitty is not gonna be used to bolster the squad, let the players see through their deals.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #55: Aug 31, 2010 12:33:55 pm
      Please not Gomez -.- Very very overrated player! Failed to impress everyone at the EM 2008 an WM 2010! He isn't fast, doesn't have enough technical skills, and never get a strike on goal!  So why take this guy on loan (pay for him!) and rest him on the bench, when he could do this at Bayern Munich aswell?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #56: Aug 31, 2010 12:38:06 pm
      No!

Never rated this lad. Never seen him score a goal and only memories I can remember of him is missing two open goals in Euro 2008.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #57: Aug 31, 2010 01:15:20 pm
      Bayern: Mario Gomez won't be leaving on loan
      Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez is on the search for first-team football and interested in a move to Liverpool, although his club have blocked any loan deal.

Gomez has slipped down the pecking order at the German champions and Liverpool are keen to sign a striker to bolster their attacking options before the transfer window ends.

The player's agent, Uli Ferber, admitted it would be hard to reject a move to Liverpool.

"When a club like Liverpool inquires, their interest cannot be pushed off the table," Ferber told kicker.

However, Bayern sporting director Christian Nerlinger has dismissed Liverpool's hopes of signing the German international.

"Bayern Munich are not a superstore for other clubs to come and help themselves to players," said Nerlinger. "No player will be leaving and they will certainly not be leaving on loan."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=819467&sec=transfers&cc=5901

The board should be taking notes from Herr Nerlinger.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #58: Sep 17, 2010 01:23:22 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1312851/Liverpool-battle-Juventus-Bayern-Munich-striker-Mario-Gomez.html

Mail are reporting that we'll be in for Gomez in January, no mention of whether it is a loan or purchase and no indication of a price.
      eskiacik
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #59: Sep 17, 2010 02:12:33 pm
      He is a real overrated.how he can play for bayern and national team,i dont have any opinion
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #60: Sep 17, 2010 02:35:17 pm
      Then why post here? :f_tongueincheek:
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #61: Sep 17, 2010 02:56:42 pm
      He is a real overrated.how he can play for bayern and national team,I dont have any opinion

Because he scored loads when he was at Stuttgart?

0.79 goals per game in 08/09 and 0.88 gpg in 07/08 that is four goals every five games - almost one a game.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #62: Sep 17, 2010 03:13:24 pm
      Dont have an opinion!!!!!
      then don't bother
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #63: Sep 18, 2010 01:07:49 pm
      He is a real overrated.how he can play for bayern and national team,I dont have any opinion

Maybe he is. But David Ngog as 2nd striker? Absolutely nobody in berths 3, 4, 5.
      I mean this honestly, relegated teams have had better striker departments than this current set up. Remember Juninho and Ravanelli at M-boro? And the 2 x 18m strikers at M-boro.
      eskiacik
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #64: Sep 18, 2010 01:46:14 pm

No you dıdnt understand. i would say ''i dont know how he can play for bayern,because he is overrated and his finishing poor.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #65: Sep 18, 2010 02:09:32 pm
      No you dıdnt understand. i would say ''i dont know how he can play for bayern,because he is overrated and his finishing poor.
      I understand just fine. You said you don't have any opinion while you obviously do. ;)
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #66: Sep 18, 2010 08:38:29 pm
      No you dıdnt understand. I would say ''I dont know how he can play for bayern,because he is overrated and his finishing poor.

So how did he score so many goals at Stuttgart?

Quick Reply