Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The New Anfield Stadium - Debate

Read 158016 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: The New Anfield Stadium - Debate
      Reply #437: Aug 10, 2008 06:01:25 pm
      Let's hope so. Let's hope they start digging soon.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #438: Aug 11, 2008 05:11:59 pm
      Forgive me if I seem forever pessimistic on this one, but I believe with the two loons in charge nothing will happen. Sure, things will "appear" to have started, but nothing that requires money to get something done, i.e. actual construction - digging of the foundations, etc.

I'm sure we all can't emphasise enough how much we need DIC. They are our potential heroes, with lots of cash; and what's more is one of them is a Liverpool fan, so they'd get the Stadium done straight away. I'm sick of this on-off business frankly, so I'll say once again:

YANKS OUT
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #439: Aug 13, 2008 01:18:17 pm
      Forgive me if I seem forever pessimistic on this one, but I believe with the two loons in charge nothing will happen. Sure, things will "appear" to have started, but nothing that requires money to get something done, I.e. actual construction - digging of the foundations, etc.

I'm sure we all can't emphasise enough how much we need DIC. They are our potential heroes, with lots of cash; and what's more is one of them is a Liverpool fan, so they'd get the Stadium done straight away. I'm sick of this on-off business frankly, so I'll say once again:

YANKS OUT

I know exactly what you're saying. Just hope the financial pressure becomes too much for them and they cave in to selling. Just hope someone with bottomless pockets pops up :D 120,000 seater stadium anyone? :D
      xxxj3allack_13
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #440: Sep 16, 2008 04:33:02 am
      I don't like new things :( , I just want Anfield :(( !!!
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #441: Sep 16, 2008 04:34:17 pm
      The New stadium will be massive and I believe that it will be envy of Europe, even world wide....

It probably would be.........if those 2 clowns would f**k off
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #442: Oct 12, 2008 02:27:41 pm
      Just been talking to a mate and he reckons there's rumours to increase Anfield now instead of a new stadium?

Anyone else heard this?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #443: Oct 12, 2008 02:33:06 pm
      I've heard those rumours
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #444: Oct 12, 2008 02:40:45 pm
      I think this would be a much better option. I was wondering why they didn't do this in the first place. I wonder what its capacity would be increased to?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #445: Oct 12, 2008 06:23:08 pm
      When will anything ACTUALLY get done?
      How much longer do we have to wait for some rich Arabs to finally come to their senses and rid us of those two cretins from across the pond?

Also, I think we deserve an 80,000 seater for all this faffing about, not to mention the fact that Liverpool FC deserves a stadium bigger than the scum.. However childish that sounds.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #446: Oct 12, 2008 07:47:13 pm
      Looks like the rumours have been rubbished.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N161662081012-1828.htm

Liverpool FC today rubbished reports in a Sunday newspaper that architects had been appointed to examine the possible redevelopment and expansion of Anfield. 
      "The story is completely wrong" said a club spokesman. "No-one has been asked to look at increasing the capacity of Anfield with a view to us staying at the present ground.

"Global market conditions may have delayed the project, but the club remains committed to building a new world class LFC stadium on the site in Stanley Park. Those plans have not changed." 
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #447: Oct 12, 2008 07:58:46 pm
      thought there might of been enough room to squeeze a few more rows in  :f_tongueincheek:
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #448: Oct 12, 2008 11:39:14 pm
      said in the people today that we could increase it by only 5000 to 50000, suppose its better than nothing, but the ideal situation would be

financial markets go into meltdown...already happening
      americans fk off cuz they cant afford anything...sell to an arab
      financila markets stabalise
      new stadium can now be bigger as its much more affordable...prob ably 80000

personally i think we could share with everton and have a 110000 stadium that would be envy of the rest of europe, and all costs would be shared 50/50
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #449: Oct 13, 2008 01:10:41 am
      personally I think we could share with everton and have a 110000 stadium that would be envy of the rest of europe, and all costs would be shared 50/50

Controversial.

How would the bitters be able to afford sharing that though? They practically give season tickets away as it is now. And the envy thing isn't really a big priority, plus it wouldn't be our stadium for others to envy anyway. It would be a shared stadium.

There's loads of room for debate on this in another thread. But deep down, I feel the sharing thing is a no go.

As things stand, there's not just the elusive new stadium on hold. So before we start doing any favours, I'd personally like to see us weather this storm with the best interests for LFC at heart.
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #450: Oct 13, 2008 11:04:22 pm
      Everton are a big club despite what rafa said, we have 2 of the biggest here in liverpool. i think they could punch their own with the big boys eventually, its true their crowds will never be as big as ours though BUT, it would surly cut our running costs if they payed 50/50 for stadium upkeep, running and build (even if they only payed 40% build the city council would surley cough up some money if it involved  both clubs....after all didnt liverpool and everton hatch from the same egg
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #451: Oct 13, 2008 11:17:22 pm
      Are they F**k a big club, Everton are in an even worse financial situation than us.

If they could cough up for a stadium, they'd be playing in the Kings Dock by now! Even the council jibbed them off on that one because there was no way Everton could afford their half. Which explains why they are so set on the Tesco deal in Kirkby.

Would not want to share a stadium with those retarded fuckwits anyway. Personally I like the idea of the two clubs having there own stadiums, like they do in Manchester, London etc.

The whole point of why some Italian clubs share grounds is because the stadiums are not owned by the clubs.
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #452: Oct 14, 2008 01:34:55 am
      Bring in Tesco aswell then..ha ha, cant be any worse than the yankers in charge now, Everton dont have any money, they re about 25M in debit, but that can be wiped out in one foul swoop of an investor, its bound to happen, after all some arabs have just bought into fulham.

dont get me wrong i would prefer our own stadium, but i think im being realistic when i say it should be shared, it could be the only realistic way especially with the current financial plight of the world.

i think they will simply extend anfield now, anyway have you seen the state of them houses round the ground they need bulldozing, and in the ideal situaltion the fans would be close to the pitch as they currently are, with a couple of double tear grandstands, imagine the atmosphere, it would be unmatched in the world, and not a corporate deadbox like highbury and wembley
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #453: Oct 22, 2008 12:16:11 am
      I don't even like sharing a city with Everton never mind a ground...groundshare is a simple NO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #454: Oct 22, 2008 03:02:00 am
      Well only a few more years to go.......hopefully!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #455: Oct 23, 2008 05:25:24 pm
      Yep.  We should rename this thread as the Old Anfield Stadium debate.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #456: Oct 23, 2008 06:01:04 pm
      It's funny that this Stadium is the potential demise of our current owners.

Silver lining ;D
      GlasgowCeltic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #457: Oct 24, 2008 07:44:50 pm
      How far along is this stadium at the moment?
      First post boys :)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #458: Oct 24, 2008 08:11:59 pm
      How far along is this stadium at the moment?
      First post boys :)

Stands back and waits for it to kick off
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #459: Oct 24, 2008 08:24:35 pm

Not bad progress really  :f_steam: for 18 months

Quick Reply