Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What do you think would = a successful 2009 season

Read 3933 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Re: What do you think would = a successful 2009 season
      Reply #23: Mar 22, 2009 12:30:30 am
      At the start of the season I don't honestly believe, apart from one or two people on here, that we genuinely thought we would land the title. 

I would imagine at the start of the year being involved in a title race was something we would all have seen as progress, no?

Progress? Yes because it'd be better than what we'd done in the league in any of the previous four seasons under Benitez. Enough progress? Debateable and for another thread I'd imagine.

For me for this season to be successful we have to win something. Don't want to worry folk but for a club of our size not winning anything isn't a success, especially as it'd be a third year in a row. There's be indiviual successes like Stevie topping 20 goals again (which I'm sure he will), Torres getting somewhere between 15 and 25 goals despite being injured for the vast majority. There's been successful matches (double over United, double over Chelsea, double of Madrid, 5-1 of Newcastle) but to top that season off and make it a real success that will be remembered in history is for us to win something.

Quick Reply