Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Could Vidic's ban be a massive difference?

Read 7952 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Could Vidic's ban be a massive difference?
      Reply #23: Mar 16, 2009 07:38:19 pm
      Don't forget lads..............this is man u, they always get away with things.

Remember, rules for us mere mortals, and different favourable rules for them  :mad:
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #24: Mar 16, 2009 07:42:21 pm
      Heard on Sky Sports News that he is suspended for the next 2 games. I thought it was a 3 game ban for a straight red!

since its a straight red for non violent conduct, i.e. handling the ball on the goal line or grabbing Gerrard balls as he is in on goal, it is only one match ban.  Since it is his second straight red he gets an additional match ban for repeated cautioning.  Totaling two. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Mar 16, 2009 07:48:03 pm
      But it surely counts as violent conduct as he rugby tackled him and when Phil Neville stopped Lucas from scoring with his hand last season he had a 3 game ban :-\

Seems like its just a different rule for United IMO.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #26: Mar 16, 2009 08:37:23 pm
      I got all the reading from the FA Rules.  Im not sure if it has changed recently but I know thats what the rules on the website say now.  I wish it was more.  Seemed violent enough to me, seeing how he tackled him.  ???

(FTCM = first team competitive match)

First Match ban

"(c) PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (4) and (5)
      A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for denying a goal or an obvious goal-
      scoring opportunity by physical means or by handling the ball, will be suspended
      automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, until such time as his Club has
      completed its next FTCM.
      (d) PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (6)
      A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for using offensive or insulting or
      abusive language/gestures, whether he has previously been cautioned in the match
      or not, will be suspended automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, and until
      such time as his Club’s First Team has completed its next two FTCM.
      (e) PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (1), (2) AND (3)
      A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for Violent Conduct, Serious Foul Play
      or spitting at an opponent or any other person, whether he has previously been
      cautioned in the match or not, will be suspended automatically from all Club football,
      including all FTCM and all non-first team domestic competitive matches commencing
      forthwith and until such time as his Club has completed three FTCM. "

SECOND MATCH

(g) Players dismissed from the Field of Play in a FTCM, having previously in the same
      season been sent off in a FTCM (or suspended under the Standard Directions set out
      in Schedule A in these Regulations for an incident in a FTCM), will be suspended for
      one extra match for each such previous sending off or suspension, in addition to the
      automatic suspension applicable to the dismissal.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/E5AD8DC1-F5D4-45BD-B820-A205B7D38EB3/151617/DisciplinaryProcedures08091.pdf

Also, I found out something kinda funny, When a player gets a red card, that player has to pay a huge penalty to process the paper work.  8 pounds!!!!  pretty severe......
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #27: Mar 16, 2009 08:48:48 pm
      I'd like Ferdinand to get one of his infamous back problems aswell.
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #28: Mar 16, 2009 09:40:24 pm
      Jesus lads is that what you are hoping for you want to win the league off the back of a collapse of injurys ;D!!

Come on surely that wouldnt be the manner how you want to win it would it.

I tell you what a 2 game ban for Vidic means to me it means a 2 week rest for the lad .

And in them 2 weeks we have Fulham away which we can win and a home game vs Villa its at home so I trust us to win whether you beat us there or not.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #29: Mar 16, 2009 11:11:49 pm
      Jesus lads is that what you are hoping for you want to win the league off the back of a collapse of injurys ;D!!

Come on surely that wouldnt be the manner how you want to win it would it.

To be honest, dont give a sh*t how we win it as long as we do win it because we would have come from quite a few points behind and that would still be a very good achievement.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #30: Mar 16, 2009 11:49:05 pm
      To be honest, dont give a sh*t how we win it as long as we do win it because we would have come from quite a few points behind and that would still be a very good achievement.

It's still ours to lose..........

We'll still win it, I'm pretty sure of that but you never know.......;)........
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #31: Mar 17, 2009 12:04:22 am
      It's still ours to lose..........

We'll still win it, I'm pretty sure of that but you never know.......;)........

If we do end up winning it i hope you come on here and admit that United totally fu**ed it up and that Liverpool deserve to win it seeing as we would have come from at least 7 points behind. ;)
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #32: Mar 17, 2009 08:34:26 am
      If we do end up winning it I hope you come on here and admit that United totally fu**ed it up and that Liverpool deserve to win it seeing as we would have come from at least 7 points behind. ;)

I promise you that I will....
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #33: Mar 22, 2009 01:16:50 am
      United looked very shakey at the back against Fulham without Vidic. :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #34: Mar 22, 2009 01:32:17 am
      King Cantona:

Still as confident? ;)
      enrique.miranda
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #35: May 14, 2009 03:28:52 pm
      got mad that torres destroyed him and that Man u was losing. What a disgrace!

Quick Reply