Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool 5-0 Aston Villa - Post Match Chat

Read 29139 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Aston Villa - Post Match Chat
      Reply #69: Mar 22, 2009 07:38:06 pm
      OMG !!  What a high I'm on right now, I couldn't be more happier !!  Terrific performance by the lads this afternoon, each and everyone of them.  Torres was sooo frustrated not getting his goal, he was waiting like a greyhound for a pass to come through to him by the minutes !! 

Kudos to the Villa fans, they were 5-0 down and were singing 'We shall not be moved'   :lmao:  they then started doing the conga along the front of their stand  :D :D  When I was on my way home, I had to walk passed their coaches,they were saying to me that they hope we win the league  ;) ;D
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #70: Mar 22, 2009 07:48:21 pm
      Brilliant.

Got home from work about 4:30 went the pub at half time and only just got back :D

YNWA!!!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #71: Mar 22, 2009 08:04:49 pm
      Job done.

Emphatically.
      ironman
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | -1 
      Reply #72: Mar 22, 2009 08:15:27 pm
      I wish we had scored more goals. The opportunity was there to improve our goal difference which could now be undone after the next round of fixtures
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #73: Mar 22, 2009 08:17:35 pm
      I wish we had scored more goals.

FFS  ::)
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #74: Mar 22, 2009 08:18:05 pm
      Fantastic Result and the only thing to top this week will be the premiership itself and now it's possible. The game today was a glimpse into the future with the way the players inter changed roles and with Rafa here for the long term he just may put a squad of players together old and new that will take the prem to a different level.

Everyone seems in control of what they do in the field of play and they interchange like no one else except maybe Arsenal, but the difference is we go for the jugular a lot more and we play it round only to go forward and not for the sake of playing and looking good, that wins you nothing has Arsenal are starting to find out.

Well played guys you were good today, keep it going because I honestly believe that MU will still drop points with all the pressure of being in so many competitions, when you lose one so close to the finals you will have to pick yourselves up and each one will drain you more and more............
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #75: Mar 22, 2009 08:23:19 pm
      Still in work, :(  What have I missed? ::)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #76: Mar 22, 2009 08:23:34 pm
      I wish we had scored more goals.

5 ain't enough?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #77: Mar 22, 2009 08:23:40 pm
      That win today was absolutely AWESOME !
      We have a team coming into it's stride, Nando Still off his best form, the Scum crumbling ! we are SOOOOOO close to no.19 its nerve racking !
      well done Pepe lad, reminds me so much of Clem, another keeper kept off the no.1 spot for his country.

On another note, I shan't be washing my 70's style t-shirt as it is still bringing us luck! :D I'm gonna stink for the next match, but it's for the good cause! :D

Ayrton lad, you do realise its over two months before we play our last match and complete the double, would you mind giving me your co-ordinates as I dont want to be downwind of you with a stink like that !   :f_whistle:

Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #78: Mar 22, 2009 08:30:22 pm
      Another fantastic performance today - I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying that.

Torres was quiet but we scored 5 on a Torres off-day.  I'm happy.

Apart from that, all of them were excellent.  Man of the match (for me) was Riera.  Played a big part in the first 3 goals and was a threat all day.  I realise that he was up against a part-time RB but even so his touch, energy and all-round vision were superb.

Masch had one of his best games this season.  Alonso totally out-shone Barry (who nearky replaced him in the Summer).  Arbeloa and Aurelio offered great overlapping width all game.  Kuyt and Gerrard ran the show up top.  Skrtel and Carra (apart from the odd moment on Carew's head) dealt with everything easily.  Reina made a couple of excellent saves and did what he always does - start moves off with quick distribution.

This was an Aston Villa side in pretty average form but take nothing away from our performance.  We have showed that even the reigning Spanish and English champions can't deal with us in this form.  Now we've hosted a Villa team with ambitions of breaking into the elite club of four and put them to the sword.

We've got Fulham in a couple of weeks before Manure play again.  Another performance like the last 3 and Manure will be sh*tting themselves going into a game with Pompey without the services of Rooney, vidic and Scholes.

Any hope of an injury to Ronaldo and Ferdinand while on international duty?  We can dream - and that's what we'll be doing tonight.  Dreaming of Stevie G holding the premier League trophy aloft at Anfield in May.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #79: Mar 22, 2009 08:38:27 pm
      Still in work, :(  What have I missed? ::)

RedPuppy, you still in work and missed all the fun, bloody get home for MOTD !!  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #80: Mar 22, 2009 08:39:30 pm
      they were saying to me that they hope we win the league  ;) ;D

Do something about it then, Villa! :D

Had a little nap before school, tired as hell but still on a high.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #81: Mar 22, 2009 08:45:36 pm
      Ayrton lad, you do realise its over two months before we play our last match and complete the double, would you mind giving me your co-ordinates as I dont want to be downwind of you with a stink like that !   :f_whistle:

There'll be a small nuclear fall-out zone locailsed in the south France area during April/May I imagine! ;)

:D
      mikastoo
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #82: Mar 22, 2009 08:52:58 pm
      We are on fire!  Lets burn them all! superb match.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #83: Mar 22, 2009 09:14:23 pm
      Missed it today as I was working,it must have been some game going by what your all saying can't wait for MOD.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #84: Mar 22, 2009 09:24:13 pm
      Fantastic result.  Above and beyond anything I expected. Did expect to win, but whatever form Villa may be in, who else has stuffed them so emphatically.Thought Big John Carew would be a threat but Pepe was equal to him with two superb saves. The confidence running right through the squad at the moment is terrific. Everybody wants the ball, and everybody used it so well. Martin O'Niel is shell shocked. I don't think he has had a team so ripped apart in his managerial life. What a great tempo from the start to the end.  It could have been 7 or 8 nil.
      Nobody will relish playing us at the moment. Shame we have the 2 week break. When we return, we have to make sure Fulham don't do to us what they did to the scum, and the scum don't do to Villa what we did. Then we will be on the way to No. 19.   M.O.T.M. Take your pick from, Pepe.Riera, Arbie, Msch, Stevie, Kuytt. Oh yeah ! and do we need Garreth Barry? Didn't do much to hold his side together did he? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #85: Mar 22, 2009 09:27:03 pm
      There'll be a small nuclear fall-out zone locailsed in the south France area during April/May I imagine! ;)

:D

Too close for comfort is that mate I'm only across the border in Spain ! :f_tongueincheek:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #86: Mar 22, 2009 09:28:40 pm
      Great performance from the lads today.
      1 point gap and now we have the goal difference it's almost like we closed the gap by 4 points not 3 today.

Did anyone else feel sorry for brad friedel :(
      I think it was only a yellow and nobody would've minded the ref giving him a yellow considering the cirumstances.
      Also means that he'll miss the man u match :(

Overall, good game, great score and well done stevie ;D
      In my eyes he's the best player in the world right now and has been all season
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #87: Mar 22, 2009 09:33:56 pm
      The team looks so much better when we score a goal early at home. The pressure is off and the other team has to come out a bit more and attack and we burn them on it. Pepe made a huge difference today, he made two great saves at 1-0 and set up the Riera goal with a great punt. Glad to see him get his 100th sheet.

Riera was outstanding today, best game he had since the start of the season and we could use that type of form from here on til the end of the season.

Other than Pepe and Riera I thought the rest were good expect for Torres who had a poor game. Hard to think we could score 5 and not have Torres on the score sheet. Also the fact 2 of the 5 goals came from set pieces which is good to see.

I don't expect Villa to do us any favors in a couple of weeks, they look quite poor.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #88: Mar 22, 2009 09:53:38 pm
      RedPuppy, you still in work and missed all the fun, bloody get home for MOTD !!  ;)

Home now Smiggs, feet up & 5 mins to go, Can't bloody wait! :D
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #89: Mar 22, 2009 09:59:49 pm
      Great result today, the boys were magic. I wonder how all the doubters are coping with this run of form. MOTD on now so see ya'll later.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #90: Mar 22, 2009 10:05:54 pm
      Fair play to Kuyt as well.  10 league goals. 

Not too shabby considering he has played on the wing most of the season.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #91: Mar 22, 2009 10:09:06 pm
      What a result and i dont think we even hit top gear today,im just gutted we should be top by a few point those draws are gonna come back and haunt us.

Quick Reply