Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Benitez' priority?

Read 2220 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Benitez' priority?
      Reply #23: Mar 23, 2009 09:37:49 pm
      Great topic DLS. I can see a few changges being made every couple of games. For example, Babel will come in a bit more, as will Lucas. In terms of the back 4, I expect Rafa to keep it the same, barring injuries. I don't predict him making whole-sale changes though. But who knows what Rafa is thinking.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Re: Benitez' priority?
      Reply #24: Mar 23, 2009 10:45:38 pm
      I can see a few changges being made every couple of games. For example, Babel will come in a bit more, as will Lucas. In terms of the back 4, I expect Rafa to keep it the same, barring injuries. I don't predict him making whole-sale changes though. But who knows what Rafa is thinking.

I'd go along with that mate. After five years of Rafa Benitez, one thing we can expect is changes in pretty much every match. I think the important thing for the team is to have the spine stay the same because that's where our best players play.

In every match from here on in I'd like to see Reina, Carra and one of Skrtel/Agger/Sami, Masch/Xabi, Stevie and Nando. I don't think we're at a stage where we can say alright lets throw Lucas and Aurelio in the middle of the park and see what happens. Because we're in both competitions and looking like we could win both at a canter the spine must stay the same. Carra's influence on the side means he is a must and we have three quality centre halves who can play along side him so we can change a bit there although I'd like Skrtel at all times. Same with Masch and Xabi, as long as there's one of those two (again I'd prefer the two together) we should be OK.

Now I've already said with this international break we will probably see one or two changes for the Fulham game, probably the biggest change will be Masch. He's going half way around the world with Argentina so will probably miss out the trip to Cravern Cottage and he's suspended for the first leg against Chelsea isn't he? So Masch could get a decent rest when club football picks up again. Be interesting comparison the Blackburn and Chelsea games though.

Quick Reply