Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Wenger Speaks: Old Trafford win flattered Liverpool FC

Read 4834 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Re: Wenger Speaks: Old Trafford win flattered Liverpool FC
      Reply #23: Mar 24, 2009 07:02:51 pm
      Wenger speaks.

Nobody gives a toss.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #24: Mar 24, 2009 08:03:56 pm
      I think that Wenger is not a world class manager and the list that Fergy drew up when he was pissed, even amongst them three managers, he comes third (last).

The thing is with Wenger he was doing extremely well in Premiership when the league was considered a good league as soon as all the world class players and massive money contracts started coming along with world class coaches, his class was evident.  His team couldn’t compete.  I know many will excuse him because of his lack of finances.  But that doesn’t go for me, finances is a crucial part of success in the game.  But he refuses to use his available financial resources. 

Apparently, Arsenal’s net spending over the last 5 years in the transfer market is convincingly under 5m, which for a top 4 team is absolutely peanuts.  I question the reason for that as it doesn’t make sense.  Transfers are not the biggest financial cost as a whole, wages are and they’re still up there and probably sit comfortably in the top 4, the last time I checked.

People thinks it’s because of their stadium that they don’t have the finances and that he is amazingly good job that’s all excuses.  Arsenal are a massive club and they wouldn’t take such a big step in building that stadium without accounting a competitive transfer kitty a £1m a year is something that is found in the championship.  There are no certainties in football they couldn’t build a stadium thinking that Wenger was going to be there throughout.  As things change fast in football like we all know.  The truth is he is wonderful with developing and bringing in the kids, but when it comes to purchasing experienced players he is poor and knows it.  That’s the reason that he doesn’t spend much money he wants to show the world that he is restricted.   As a manager you have to use your resources to the full especially at the highest level.  It’s a like saying if Patrick Berger used his left foot he would have been the best left winger in the world, but he didn’t and wasn’t.  Or a boxer using only his right hand with aggressive hook, but can not make it because he doesn’t use his left hand.  Well if you want to be considered as one of the best you have to use all your available resources.  Wenger doesn’t and is weak in the transfer market and only has one style of football, which is very good on the eye, but against world class teams they can always adjust which is the reason of his poor Champions League C.V.

So, I think Mr Wenger is a crap manager, and is out of depth to even try to belittle Rafa’s work.  Rafa has walked in this league and has been making progress consistenly as for Wenger, he’s got weaker and weaker as the league has gotten stronger.   
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #25: Mar 24, 2009 08:12:59 pm
      Think Mr Wenger should stop arsene about and get his own side in order !! bloody cheek !!..or better still attend all liverpool games and take some notes on how to challenge for a title , i'm sure Rafa would give him some pointers ....LIKE THERE'S A DOOR USE  IT !
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #26: Mar 24, 2009 08:15:23 pm
      Arsene is a diluted mad scientist who's experiment has gone by the wayside.   He is such an idiot.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #27: Mar 25, 2009 01:10:23 am
      annoying manager. lets hope villa start to win games and put him under pressure for the 4th spot so by the time united play his side.he doesnt just hand it over to united. u never knw with this c**t
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28: Mar 25, 2009 07:46:31 am
      Well Mr Wenger I hope your team does some flattering when Arsenal play Manure on the 16th of May.We outplayed Manure and fully deserved 3 points.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Mar 25, 2009 12:42:14 pm
      He's gained his 'talks bullshit' tag for a reason. Concentrate on scoring a goal let alone a title race Voyeur, you have truly imploded.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #30: Mar 25, 2009 01:19:54 pm
      Bollocks. What he has spoken to jump to the defence of Fergie is just mindblowing. He sides Fergie doesn't he. It definitely wasn't flattered because since when have you seen OT 's goal getting ripped apart four times? Wenger has no chance to do that and he knows it. We had them at OT that day, we controlled and Wenger is being sore because Rafa masterminded it.

Quick Reply