Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pardew Sacked!!!

Read 2027 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Pardew Sacked!!!
      Dec 11, 2006 06:04:34 pm
      I cant believe this, total surprise when i read it! he was a great manager, when he took them over they were just mid-table championship team, and he got them propmoted and within minutes of the F.A Cup (thank God for Stevie!!)

What do use all think about this??
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Pardew Sacked!!!
      Reply #1: Dec 11, 2006 07:11:36 pm
      Quite like Alan Pardew, seemed like a good all round manager to me, but in this day and age of football, if your teams not performing and you have a new chairman whose trying to make his mark then there's nothing down for you.  I thought Pardew had done extremely well since he took over bringing WH back to the PL, and nearly, i repeat nearly winning the FA cup.  It seems losing 5 out of your last 6 is a good reason for sacking your manager.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: Dec 11, 2006 07:21:12 pm
      I think the new investors will no doubt be bringing in some Icelandic man.

I think Pardew is probably a victim of his own success - after such a great season last year then the senior figures at the club are perfectly entitled to ask questions about why they are doing so shockingly.

I've got a lot of time for West Ham. 
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 11, 2006 07:23:00 pm
      he was a good manager and i did like him. but i think west ham haven't been preforming well enough this season
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Dec 11, 2006 08:31:50 pm
      Cant Believe that. I aways like West Ham but if their new owners are going to do things like that I hope they get relegated just to really piss them off! I thought Pardew was a good manager and he's always been up against it this season when Ashton got injured he was there best player last season. What really got me though was admittingly after a terrible result against Bolton, you could see the new owners in the stand with faces like thunder and I felt for Pardew then. This is what worries me about new owners coming into Liverpool, We have a great manager and even if they gave him an open cheque book it would take a couple of years to get all the players he would want so could the same thing happen to us?
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #5: Dec 12, 2006 12:16:47 pm
      I agree with koolkidda about Pardew being a victim of his own success.  They massively overachieved last season with their league position and NEARLY winning the fa cup.  This season they have been brought right back down to earth and Pardew has been made the victim of this but it is still a shock. It's a shame because he seemed a really top bloke and was gracious in defeat in the fa cup last year when they probably should have won(thank god for Stevie G).  Good luck for the future Pards
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Dec 14, 2006 11:19:00 pm
      Curbishley isn't any better either. Would of thought they would of brought in a big name manager. Seeing that the bookies estimate that they will be champions by 2013

Quick Reply