Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Yacine Brahimi (Stade Rennais)

Read 1968 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Yacine Brahimi (Stade Rennais)
      Mar 30, 2009 09:39:04 pm
      Benitez and Fergie join race for French prodigy
      Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez have joined Barcelona and Real Madrid in the hunt for French youngster Yacine Brahimi according to reports in the Spanish and French media. Brahimi is a product of the infamous Clairefontaine Academy, which has produced the likes of Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet, Louis Saha and Nicolas Anelka.

Brahimi has been haralded as a a great talent in France by the media, rising through the French ranks from U-16 to U-19 level. The nineteen-year-old is currently at Stade Rennais, but the attacking forward has failed to make an appearance this campaign due to the form of Jimmy Briand, Asamoah Gyan and Moussa Sow.

According to reports in Spain and France, Manchester United and Liverpool are ready to battle Real Madrid and Barcelona for the starlet's signature in the summer.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/16994/Benitez_and_Fergie_join_race_for_French_prodigy.aspx

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Yacine Brahimi (Stade Rennais)
      Reply #1: Mar 30, 2009 10:15:42 pm
      "The nineteen-year-old is currently at Stade Rennais, but the attacking forward has failed to make an appearance this campaign due to the form of Jimmy Briand, Asamoah Gyan and Moussa Sow."

Musn't be that great then.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #2: Mar 30, 2009 10:19:42 pm
      Jimmy Briand is absolutely brilliant in my opinion. I used to live in Rennes and I wouldnt mind him getting a trial at us. Not heard much of the Brahimi but here is a video of him playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01cIfsBr_L0#
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #3: Mar 31, 2009 11:53:11 pm
      "The nineteen-year-old is currently at Stade Rennais, but the attacking forward has failed to make an appearance this campaign due to the form of Jimmy Briand, Asamoah Gyan and Moussa Sow."

Musn't be that great then.

Just watch the video proves it all, his head on the ball and rest is left up to history....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Apr 01, 2009 03:11:24 am
      Just watch the video proves it all, his head on the ball and rest is left up to history....

He seems ok, got the feeling he is much like Babel though. Technically poor, he has raw talent.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2009 12:57:43 pm
      Babel was a regular with Ajax. Even N'Gog played a bit with PSG. If this lad cant get into the first 11 of an average French team he aint going to impact at LFC.

Quick Reply