Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

UFC

Read 151643 times
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Re: UFC
      Reply #483: Nov 15, 2015 12:35:46 pm
      Totally employed the wrong tactic last night. She was outclassed in every single way. Well in Holly.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,511 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #484: Nov 15, 2015 02:43:10 pm
      https://twitter.com/laughswittravie/status/665789495783108609

Outstanding performance. Could see Rousey was going to get owned in first 30 seconds of fight.

Full scrap:

https://youtu.be/pN0dxnU1mAw
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,511 posts | 4851 
      Reply #485: Nov 15, 2015 02:50:43 pm
      Ding dong the witch is dead.

Thinking she could stand and trade with one of the best female boxers of all time. Ego check Ronda.

Thing is, though, if Rousey hadn't been Rousey and done Rousey things before this fight we wouldn't all be talking about last night's fight or probably any female UFC fight previously or here on after.

I know I wouldn't.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #486: Nov 15, 2015 03:22:52 pm
      Thing is, though, if Rousey hadn't been Rousey and done Rousey things before this fight we wouldn't all be talking about last night's fight or probably any female UFC fight previously or here on after.

I know I wouldn't.

100% agree but for the build up to this fight she's been horrible. Holm has shown nothing but respect and admiration and Ronda was arrogant, overconfident and flat out disrespectful without just cause. Fair enough against Correia who fired shots at her, but not Holm. Ronda called Holm fake so Holm called Ronda an ambulance.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #487: Nov 15, 2015 03:32:08 pm
      Rousey never turned up, was never in the game & taking nothing away from Holly....wow..total command & a well executed plan,her kicks and precise punches made Ronda doubt herself.

Good fight.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #488: Nov 15, 2015 03:51:22 pm
      That wasn't the same Ronda last night that we've been accustomed to seeing. There was no game plan, no desire to take it to the ground like usual, erratic swinging against a world champion boxer etc. I was thinking to myself before they both walked out that it wouldn't surprise me if Ronda got knocked out (one of my mates had £20 on that to happen as he can't stand Ronda) but I still thought Ronda would snatch it.

I'm a Ronda Rousey fan so was gutting to see that result but big congrats to Holly! She was unreal.

For 90% of that main card you'd have thought they were all fighting in a library, the fans were far too quiet.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #489: Nov 15, 2015 04:13:45 pm
      For 90% of that main card you'd have thought they were all fighting in a library, the fans were far too quiet.

We love a bandwagon in Australia. So when Rousey comes to town 90% of the crowd are there for the show.

These people are usually the ones who talk like experts for a week leading up to the event and then crawl back when it's over.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,511 posts | 4851 
      Reply #490: Nov 15, 2015 05:07:14 pm
      100% agree but for the build up to this fight she's been horrible. Holm has shown nothing but respect and admiration and Ronda was arrogant, overconfident and flat out disrespectful without just cause. Fair enough against Correia who fired shots at her, but not Holm. Ronda called Holm fake so Holm called Ronda an ambulance.

Here getting beat is good for the UFC  ladies division. I'll watch a rematch. Definitely.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #491: Nov 15, 2015 11:58:32 pm
      Here getting beat is good for the UFC  ladies division. I'll watch a rematch. Definitely.

It will be huge. UFC 200 possibly. Jones vs DC 2 and Ronda vs Holm 2, maybe with the debut of CM Punk and F**k it throw in GSP coming back too
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #492: Nov 17, 2015 10:05:48 pm
      You can hate Ronda Rousey all you want. Talk stupid sh*t about her.  But, she headlined one the biggest MMA PPV fights of all time and every single female fighter OWES her that. How many of you knew the names of women fighter's before she came along? She has EARNED RESPECT. It should be given.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #493: Dec 03, 2015 04:46:43 pm
      Is anyone watching this season of The Ultimate Fighter? I'm hooked, just watched the last quarter-finals, and Faber is bringing Aldo to the Semi's!!!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #494: Dec 04, 2015 09:02:06 am
      You can hate Ronda Rousey all you want. Talk stupid sh*t about her.  But, she headlined one the biggest MMA PPV fights of all time and every single female fighter OWES her that. How many of you knew the names of women fighter's before she came along? She has EARNED RESPECT. It should be given.

Yep don't see why all the hate has been given on social media to her to be honest.

Also got to say not sure what her tactics were, you don't try to outbox a boxer in MMA, you do things that take them out their comfort zone, kick, ground, grapple but you don't stand there and try and trade as you will get owned and she did.

And cant wait until McGregor and Aldo go at it. Think McGregor will keep it at range and land quite a few.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #495: Dec 13, 2015 08:06:21 am
      13 secs ....F**k me Conor you sure did back up the talk.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #496: Dec 13, 2015 09:05:45 am
      13 secs ....f**k me Conor you sure did back up the talk.

I thought it was going to be a double knockout, Aldo connected McGregor just before he hit the deck.

Boy sure backs up the talk...fully deserved win.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #497: Dec 13, 2015 10:24:45 pm
      So one more fight of the century not to last one minute. Oh what a waste of time

And another one. Total waste of time.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #498: Dec 13, 2015 10:37:32 pm
      "He will be done after the first exchange"
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #499: Dec 14, 2015 08:38:01 am
      I thought it was going to be a double knockout, Aldo connected McGregor just before he hit the deck.

Boy sure backs up the talk...fully deserved win.

Could well have been Shabs, would have been interesting to see if he had missed with that punch as Aldo was following up but he didn't look stunned at all.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #500: Dec 14, 2015 09:18:48 am
      Could well have been Shabs, would have been interesting to see if he had missed with that punch as Aldo was following up but he didn't look stunned at all.

Few folks on twitter are calling out the fight a fix as the ref was too quick to call it in McGregors favour, but Aldo did look half out on the canvas.

Re match would be interesting.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #501: Dec 14, 2015 01:00:28 pm
      Few folks on twitter are calling out the fight a fix as the ref was too quick to call it in McGregors favour, but Aldo did look half out on the canvas.

I've seen that on FB as well and its the biggest load of sh*t I have heard.

Aldo is a 10 year champion, he doesn't throw fights and he was clearly out before he hit the floor, the ref had no choice he was being pummelled and wasn't even trying to defend.

Also as you said earlier that punch could well have knocked Conor out as well.

Just idiots whinging.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,511 posts | 4851 
      Reply #502: Dec 14, 2015 01:04:53 pm

Aldo was finished by the time he hit the floor. Looked like he was bricking it beforehand as well if you ask me. Contrary to what he said after it I think the occasion got to him.

Really don't see why McGregor gives him a rematch straight away as he has done him fair and square there in spectacular fashion. He's give Aldo enough of his time for now.

I think it will be Edgar next for him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #503: Dec 14, 2015 01:25:44 pm

Why she's just another jacked up bint who thinks she's all that and then got sparked!!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #504: Dec 14, 2015 01:32:23 pm
      Aldo was finished by the time he hit the floor. Looked like he was bricking it beforehand as well if you ask me. Contrary to what he said after it I think the occasion got to him.

Really don't see why McGregor gives him a rematch straight away as he has done him fair and square there in spectacular fashion. He's give Aldo enough of his time for now.

I think it will be Edgar next for him.

Yeah reckon it'll be Edgar then he'll go up to 155.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,511 posts | 4851 
      Reply #505: Dec 20, 2015 10:54:56 pm
      Some decent scraps in last night's UFC.

I cannot stand the whole Diaz family. Bunch of bell ends.

Quick Reply