Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

UFC

Read 148696 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: UFC
      Reply #690: Oct 11, 2018 04:27:57 pm
      Conor said post fight that he was trying to Rope a Dope Khabib, let him punch himself out then attack in the 5th. Which is just horse sh*t. You cant Rope a Dope in MMA. I like Conor and think hes probably the best striker in the UFC. But if thats true, that was an awful plan.  Plus Conor connected a few times and didnt really do sh*t to Khabib. Then when Khabib threw that overhand and floored Conor, that plan was out the window. Khabib pounded Conor in the 2nd. I thought it was going to be stopped. I think Conors sh*t talking just fueled Khabib. He destroyed Conor. Cant wait for the sequel. Supposedly its going to be St. Patricks weekend at MSG.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #691: Nov 13, 2018 01:47:38 am
      UFC just signed an amazing fighter in
       Ben Askren. He was a NCAA All American wrestler. Olympic Wrestler. Numerous Championships in wrestling and grappling. Black belt in BJJ.  Bellator and One FC Champion.

Askren is a monster on the ground. Hes fighting Robbie Lawler in UFC 233. I think it will be an excellent fighr. His style is strange which is why his nickname is "Funky". I cant wait.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #692: Nov 13, 2018 07:38:28 am
      UFC just signed an amazing fighter in
       Ben Askren. He was a NCAA All American wrestler. Olympic Wrestler. Numerous Championships in wrestling and grappling. Black belt in BJJ.  Bellator and One FC Champion.

Askren is a monster on the ground. Hes fighting Robbie Lawler in UFC 233. I think it will be an excellent fighr. His style is strange which is why his nickname is "Funky". I cant wait.

Can’t wait to see him!

Also Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez was unreal!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #693: Dec 24, 2018 06:53:49 am
      Jon F***ing Jones
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #694: Dec 24, 2018 05:12:09 pm

Absolute joke... so much for him never main eventing in the UFC again. They’re moving the whole show to accommodate him!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #695: Dec 24, 2018 05:18:13 pm
      Just kick him out completely tbh.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #697: Mar 04, 2019 07:04:32 pm
      Anyone catch UFC235?

What an epic night of fights, Ben Askren, Pedro Munhoz and Kamaru Usman stole the show for me.

Ben Askren after getting his head pounded in like that managed to wrestle his way out of it and I know many are calling the decision controversial but can't see for the life of me how Lawler was getting out of that joke, really excited to see what Ben can do in the Welterweight division, especially now his buddy Woodley doesn't have the belt.

Cody Garbrandt cost himself the match, to go all out so early on in the fight was the completely wrong move, lovely knockout punch from Pedro though all things said.

Kamaru Usman was exceptional against Woodley, it reminded me of when Khabib is in the cage, completely dominant and imposed his gameplan the whole five rounds. His wrestling was something else and his stand up wasn't too bad either, it looked like Woodley just couldn't get into his rhythm and that was all down to Usman IMO.

Be interesting to see what happens after the Till v Masvidal fight, if Till wins I expect him to call out Ben.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #698: Mar 26, 2019 08:09:48 am
      McGregor has announced his retirement. Strange.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #699: Mar 26, 2019 01:04:21 pm
      McGregor has announced his retirement. Strange.

I call bullshit. He will end up announcing a big fight in the next 2-3 months.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #700: Mar 26, 2019 02:27:23 pm
      I call bullshit. He will end up announcing a big fight in the next 2-3 months.

You know it. Maximum pay day like this.

Though if he actually has then fair play to him because he’d have gone out with a fortune in the bank from it, his outside businesses really starting to take off and hasn’t suffered any long lasting head trauma.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #701: Mar 26, 2019 04:26:48 pm
      McGregor and Floyd are 2 sides of the same coin.

How many times did Mayweather retire and come back?

It’s the same old playbook
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #702: Jan 19, 2020 09:06:13 pm
      Well after that stunning performance last night it's fair to say Conor McGregor is back.

I think it will be Masvidal up next for the BMF then if he wins Usman for the WW belt all before the year is out.

Also talk of a rematch with Mayweather and of course the inevitable one with Khabib in Russia.

The excitement is back.

A hungry motivated McGregor is a truly incredible fighter.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #703: Jan 23, 2020 11:01:41 pm
      Well after that stunning performance last night it's fair to say Conor McGregor is back.

I think it will be Masvidal up next for the BMF then if he wins Usman for the WW belt all before the year is out.

Also talk of a rematch with Mayweather and of course the inevitable one with Khabib in Russia.

The excitement is back.

A hungry motivated McGregor is a truly incredible fighter.

An incredible fighter yes, but good enough to beat the likes of Masvidal, Usman or Khabib? Not for me.

I think he needs to fight someone else to really test himself and get some rhythm again before he steps in the cage with any of those three because they are all really really dangerous right now. I would like to see him trade with Gaethje.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #704: Jan 24, 2021 10:56:23 am
      I think McGregor is finished to be honest. I bet on Poirier to stop him weeks ago.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #705: Jan 24, 2021 11:11:39 am
      I think McGregor is finished to be honest. I bet on Poirier to stop him weeks ago.

Yea the hunger is gone you can see it in his eyes and body language but understandable when he's worth hundreds of millions and has so many other distractions outside of UFC.

He looked slow and rusty against Dustin had no answer for the calf kicks. His cornering was awful as well can't understand how they didn't tell him to start checking the legs kicks or keep more distance and counter punch.

He'll prob fight Diaz one more time to complete the trilogy then maybe another boxing fight against Manny that will be his lot I'd say.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #706: Jan 24, 2021 03:17:19 pm
      Yea the hunger is gone you can see it in his eyes and body language but understandable when he's worth hundreds of millions and has so many other distractions outside of UFC.

He looked slow and rusty against Dustin had no answer for the calf kicks. His cornering was awful as well can't understand how they didn't tell him to start checking the legs kicks or keep more distance and counter punch.

He'll prob fight Diaz one more time to complete the trilogy then maybe another boxing fight against Manny that will be his lot I'd say.

Agree on the hunger aspects. He might still want it but he doesn't need it and that's the difference now,  I think.

I'd be interested in him against Masvidal. That would sell.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #707: Jun 06, 2022 12:10:33 pm
      Paddy Pimblett... thought? Don't know if hes a red or bitter but do like the lad. spades a spade with him for sure.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,955 posts | 8458 
      Reply #708: Jul 23, 2022 01:52:24 pm
      Paddy Pimblett... thought? Don't know if hes a red or bitter but do like the lad. spades a spade with him for sure.  :lmao:

Red! He goes the game.

Another scally from Huyton ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #709: Jul 23, 2022 05:11:39 pm
      Red! He goes the game.

Another scally from Huyton ;)

Doe's he  ;D your right about the latter then  :lmao:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #710: Jul 23, 2022 07:55:58 pm
      Going to have this on tonight.

Paddy has looked the real deal in his career so far, hope he can keep the winning streak up.

Aspinall on the come up too!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #711: Jul 23, 2022 08:44:39 pm

Paddy has looked the real deal in his career so far, hope he can keep the winning streak up.

He’s box office viewing for me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #712: Jul 23, 2022 08:48:55 pm

What time is the fight?

Quick Reply