Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Your predictions for the January Transfers?

Read 7824 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Your predictions for the January Transfers?
      Dec 22, 2006 08:48:45 am
      In - Lucas Neill  £1m

Out - Dudek (wouldn't blame him - needs to play football)
              Warnock (possible swap deal with Neill)

Sorry for having nothing to glam, but we need to be realistic. We haven't got much cash to spend, and the takeover (if it happens) will not provide any money till the next transfer window.
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2006 03:42:36 pm by JD »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: predictions in and out for january.
      Reply #1: Dec 22, 2006 11:27:27 am
      According to Rafa this morning, looks like he's keeping his wallet closed and fine tuning our superstars  ;) ;D
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 23, 2006 12:43:27 pm
      According to Rafa this morning, looks like he's keeping his wallet closed and fine tuning our superstars  ;) ;D
      yeah he did
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Dec 23, 2006 04:14:30 pm
      So we're not signing anyone??
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 28, 2006 03:23:20 pm
      Well there goes our title hopes then, if we ain't going to sign anyone.  I hope the players we have (barring Stevie G) will pull their effing socks up and start to terrorize other teams, and stop fannying about!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Dec 28, 2006 03:34:08 pm
      Well there goes our title hopes then, if we ain't going to sign anyone.  I hope the players we have (barring Stevie G) will pull their effing socks up and start to terrorize other teams, and stop fannying about!

What title hopes ?  the best we can get realistically this year is 3rd.  Unless Chelsea drop a few more points and i just cant see that.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 28, 2006 10:14:12 pm
      I feel Chavs will drop more points, no Terry until Feb - even though they will buy in the window.  Mancs will be hard to beat....Ronaldo is hot at the minute.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 28, 2006 10:29:34 pm
      wen they come to annfield we will beat the manks with out a dout. we have to put a few wrongs rite.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #8: Dec 28, 2006 10:59:33 pm
      Well we've got all the 'big' teams out of the way away, so l'll be looking forward to them coming to Anfield to get nailed! That's how their points will drop!
      We still need to start putting away our chances though.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #9: Dec 29, 2006 02:53:24 pm
      wen they come to annfield we will beat the manks with out a dout. we have to put a few wrongs rite.

that's some poor spelling there Madzz, what you been drinking ??
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Re: Your predictions for the January Transfers?
      Reply #10: Jan 01, 2007 11:21:43 am
      The squad is good but if this takeover happens, we need to spend big! Bring in a few more world class players! I wish, Thierry Henry has a real fallout with Wenger! If we have the cash, Stevie G and Thierry will link up fantastically and I think we'll win the title just with those 2!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 01, 2007 05:12:55 pm
      There wont be too many coming and goings in jan,its often a crap time to buy quality players,no club is going to let any decent player go without  a fight or a hefty fee.Other than GOD and Agger,i cant remember a decent jan signing?The only deal that will go ahead is lucas neill,just to give finnan a rest.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Jan 01, 2007 09:55:41 pm
      Neill isn't even worth a million. Would of considered him on a bosman like but not for cash.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2007 01:05:54 pm
      If the takeover goes ahead buy simoa from benfica he was gonna join us till benfica knocked us out of the champions league
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #14: Jan 03, 2007 01:55:49 am
      Warnock definitely won't leave in Jan transfer window, neill will come in but I'd imagine for less than 1m. He only has 5 months contract left and can sign a pre-contract to join us in May on a free, Rafa never wastes a penny. We need cover for Finnan, what a player, so consistent. I begged the ball into net on Mon against Bolton but only great save from Jussi kept it out. If he scored it'd be like the Carra celebration all over, love it when unsung heroes get the credit they deserve, their dirty work at back is never praised enough, especially Steve Finnan
      jakesoanes27
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 03, 2007 10:48:12 am
      I've heard rumours from the Daily Mail (website) that Henry might be coming to Liverpool?! Hard to believe, but just imagine!! Henry and Kuyt...
      And not really a rumour, but does anyone know whether Gareth Bale from Southampton will be moving? I've seen that kid play and he's something special. One for the future that's for sure. Wales youngest ever player / goalscorer at 17, and he takes freekicks like Beckham used to. Go on Rafa...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6966 
      Reply #16: Jan 04, 2007 12:04:16 am
      I don't expect us to do much business at all in the transfer window.  I think the fact that the reds books are getting a good going over by investors kind of prevents us from splashing out big style and messing up all the figures.  Maybe some loan deals out and a couple of signings for a million here or there.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #17: Jan 04, 2007 12:09:06 am
      Just read this quote on Wikipedia about David Villa.

Liverpool F.C have been linked with a move for the striker and he was in attendance to watch Liverpool beat Bolton 3-0 at Anfield on Monday 1st January as a VIP guest of the club. Valencia are said to be willing to do a deal with Liverpool for Villa if Liverpool add José Manuel Reina as part of any deal.

Would anyone object to the departure of Reina to have David Villa at Anfield? I wouldn't. Keepers can be replaced, you don't come across a world class striker such as Villa too often
      jakesoanes27
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 04, 2007 12:29:12 am
      If we got Villa I really wouldn't mind seeing Reina moving on. We have Dudek, and Carson if we need him. We'd gain a lot more than we'd lose.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #19: Jan 04, 2007 12:32:49 am
      If we got Villa I really wouldn't mind seeing Reina moving on. We have Dudek, and Carson if we need him. We'd gain a lot more than we'd lose.

Carson is on a season long loan with no chance of returning early - barring injury.
      Martin is promising tho' and has been on the bench a couple of times recently.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #20: Jan 04, 2007 09:43:41 am
      i have read a lot over the past few days about transfer speculation, i don't think are manager will sell anybody, we have the making of a great team, yes we need an out and out goal scorer 20 to 25 goal man, someone like are Robbie flower( who I'm sorry to say is near his end of his playing days) but these are hard to find, but we do have a time on are side to find the right one, we have four players up front who will run and run for liverpool, and a few great wingers, so the manger can change thing as he see,s fit, so i say again we do not have to rush, as long as we find the right man, it is going to cost us a lot of money, so lets find the right one 1st time.
      do we have anybody in our reseves who is coming on, i hear a lot about Craig linfield and nibel el zhar, can any body tell me more
      jakesoanes27
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #21: Jan 04, 2007 11:02:30 am
      Carson is on a season long loan with no chance of returning early - barring injury.
      Yeah and look how well he's doing there! I'm pretty sure we could last half a season with Dudek.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #22: Jan 04, 2007 12:32:32 pm
      Yeah and look how well he's doing there! I'm pretty sure we could last half a season with Dudek.

Wake up pal, what happens if Dudek gets injured ??
      We are still in every cup competition, and going well in the league, if you sell Reina (or swap deal with Villa), that leaves Dudek as the only senior keeper. If he gets injured, you are then down to youth - Martin, Hansen or Willis.  That team sheet would look well against Barca wouldn't it ? or agianst Chelsea in the league cup final.
      I totally agree that Carson is having a stormer at Charlton, and that will leave us in good stead for next season, but not this one.

For Graham.
      Lindfield scored two for the reserves last night, beating Leeds 2-1. He came off the bench after 35 mins, and linked up with El Zhar for the first.
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2007 01:02:23 pm by mrtommo »

Quick Reply