Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Bellamy

Read 3431 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Bellamy
      Dec 23, 2006 10:40:35 pm
      He is a player you either love or hate.
      Just watching a re run of the match V's Watford on Football First, and at last we have a player who stands up for himself and the team when a ref's decision goes against us. Far too often in the last few season's we seem to be a soft team in accepting the ref's view, when you look at the likes of Chelsea and Man Urinals who have players who love to get in the ref's face. We seemed far to happy to win the Fair Play trophy for being good little boys on the pitch, I say 8ollox to that.
      Keep up youe style of playing Mr Bellamy, maybe you won't win friends from the opposition, but your loved by the Anfield faithfull.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Re: Bellamy
      Reply #1: Dec 23, 2006 11:16:51 pm
      bellamy is fantasic we need hard players like this
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Dec 24, 2006 02:30:12 pm
      I've warmed towards Bellamy, he's now putting in performances worhy of LFC.  Looking a lot sharper and faster now that his court case is over and done with, keep it up Bellers you could make a name for yourself !!  ;) ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Dec 25, 2006 05:48:24 pm
      I knew this guy would come through for us.
      Now lets keep scoring the goals that will keep us in the race for the title.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Dec 26, 2006 03:36:57 pm
      I pointed this out to my mate at the match against Watford.  I didn't know whether I liked all his moaning at the ref - is it the Liverpool way?

Suppose the most important thing is that he looks arsed so on the whole I like it - and since that court case ended he has looked a different player.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Dec 26, 2006 07:44:27 pm
      Just posted my views on Mr Bellamy on the post match Blackburn thread, I deffo dont like his ranting at the ref, if he carries on like this he will be getting sent off all the time.  Ok have your say, but he's like a dog with a bone and continues to mouth off.  i know you say its because he's arsed, but is he arsed for the right reasons ? I mean if he truly cared about his team would he want to be getting sent off for dissent at every opportunity?  I like Bellamy but he needs to curb his temper and his mouth, its distracting him from the game  cos while he's trying to get justice from a 'foul', the ref has waved play-on and the games ahead of him grrr...     ::)
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 26, 2006 09:03:47 pm
      Bellamy has not been sent off yet, and hardly any yellow cards so things are alright. I don't think he does a Rooney where you can lip read him saying "F**k off" everytime a decision goes against him.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Dec 26, 2006 09:32:58 pm
      Bellamy has not been sent off yet, and hardly any yellow cards so things are alright. I don't think he does a Rooney where you can lip read him saying "fu*k off" everytime a decision goes against him.

No, he was calling someone a 'f*cking pr**k" today, thats what i'm talking about !   It wont be long before he starts to get the yellows if he carries on like he is.  Thats all my concern is, if he's getting sent off when he could be playing excellent football.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Dec 29, 2006 10:29:43 pm
      He's a moaning little get and it does get to me. Why can't he get on with what's happened during the game and concentrate on scoring more goals.
      It should be all what matters...
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #9: Jan 01, 2007 06:06:48 pm
      He is a moaning little c**t but isn't it down to the senior players in the squad to tell him to shut his mouth and show him the Liverpool way?

And I hope that F***ing swear box isn't still going!!!  ;)
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #10: Jan 04, 2007 01:45:50 am
      Think we all love Bellamy, lightening pace, 100% effort every game, neat finisher. However i do agree that he should focus more on the football than the arguments with refs. Its cool to ask a ref for an explanation as to why something went against you but against Watford I thought he was going to murder the linesman if he raised the off side flag against him one more time. I understand his frustration at times but if he keeps his eye on the ball and continues to work hard, there's no reason why he should't score ample goals for the club and be on first team every week. Hopefully starting on Saturday against Arsenal
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #11: Jan 04, 2007 07:12:58 pm
      If he didnt have his F***ing bad mouth he would have all the top clubs chasing after him!!!!!!!
      Cy
      Reply #12: Jan 05, 2007 10:20:58 am
      Just posted my views on Mr Bellamy on the post match Blackburn thread, I deffo dont like his ranting at the ref, if he carries on like this he will be getting sent off all the time.  Ok have your say, but he's like a dog with a bone and continues to mouth off.  I know you say its because he's arsed, but is he arsed for the right reasons ? I mean if he truly cared about his team would he want to be getting sent off for dissent at every opportunity?  I like Bellamy but he needs to curb his temper and his mouth, its distracting him from the game  cos while he's trying to get justice from a 'foul', the ref has waved play-on and the games ahead of him grrr...     ::)

Absolutly agree with you, moaning at the ref does only one thing and it's putting you in the book and might make you missing crucial game for your club. There is a big problem with refs yes, but it's not up to the player to deal with it.

Remember a certain maradona, I don't recall have him moaning to the ref once, and god knows how many time he has been fouled in proper..Now THAT is what make a great player..
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      craig bellamy
      Reply #13: Feb 11, 2007 08:58:38 pm
      do you think it was a gd idea 2 buy him from blackburn?

is he good enough for us?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Feb 12, 2007 01:37:21 pm
      He is a player you either love or hate.
      Just watching a re run of the match V's Watford on Football First, and at last we have a player who stands up for himself and the team when a ref's decision goes against us. Far too often in the last few season's we seem to be a soft team in accepting the ref's view, when you look at the likes of Chelsea and Man Urinals who have players who love to get in the ref's face. We seemed far to happy to win the Fair Play trophy for being good little boys on the pitch, I say 8ollox to that.
      Keep up youe style of playing Mr Bellamy, maybe you won't win friends from the opposition, but your loved by the Anfield faithfull.
      I love him!! Aside from the fact he's Welsh, AND from Cardiff, I do think he's a good player.
      Unfortunately gets caught offside a lot :( He runs v. fast. Obviously.
      He takes a lot of shots at goal. Okay so some are crap, everyone does it.
      I think he's great :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: Feb 12, 2007 05:54:27 pm
      Quite like Bellamy for his pace alone, he has plenty of shots on goal but his hit ratio must be about 1: 20  !!   ;)
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 13, 2007 09:09:16 pm
      Good point about the off-side. He just needs a bit of a run starting and he'll be fine
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #17: Feb 17, 2007 08:42:09 pm
      If he didnt have his f***ing bad mouth he would have all the top clubs chasing after him!!!!!!!

hes at the biggest club so must already be doing something right

Quick Reply