Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Fulham 0-1 Liverpool - Post Match Celebration

Read 26203 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Fulham 0-1 Liverpool - Post Match Celebration
      Reply #92: Apr 04, 2009 11:57:10 pm
      Victory worth celebrating

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #93: Apr 05, 2009 12:31:07 am
      Been off line for a few hours so a bit late posting after a great result. Watched on Satanta and thought after the fulham v manure game, fulham would have a go at us. I can't believe they were stalling taking goal kicks and throw ins after 30 mins. For fucks sake, they were the home team and were playing for a draw after half an hour ???????????? They certainly made it hard for us to break them down again but we totaly outplayed them in every department. I can't remember when we last dominated a game with as much prowess. Well not since the Villa game anyhow, or the manure game... or the real game... Well we left it a bit later to score then. I did think it was going to be one of those days but well done Yossi. And we've still not lost the momentum have we? ;D ;D :aaliverpoolwz0: My jaws aching now from my permanent grin.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #94: Apr 05, 2009 12:44:51 am
      WOW!
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #95: Apr 05, 2009 01:03:43 am
      I Think I broke my armchair celbrating, last time I broke the mirror in the shade in my car by twatting it.
      Will this team ever stop surprising us.

As far as the match is concerned. All players excelled especially dossena (we were only joking rafa when we said he could be a striker), Babel and yossi did well when they came on.
      It just goes to show even if Gerrard and Torres and Kuyt are off colour we really HAVE got the strength in depth to win it, even though everybody else says we havent, I believe we have.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #96: Apr 05, 2009 01:10:41 am
      A bad day at the office for some of the turds. Love it.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/weekends-football-242320/index13.html

I wonder how many United fans were about to register on here this afternoon if we had drawn?
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #97: Apr 05, 2009 01:34:51 am
      That was funny, here is some comments from the mancs site

Told you didn't I

b***ard scousers

Cheating bas**rds

I hate Liverpool
      please tell me they haven't scored?
      for fucks sake
      4 F***ing minutes .Where did that come from.
      Fergie timeRat faceFuck

jammy bastardsFuck sakeI knew it was going to happen, it always does with Liverpoolaint that a bi*ch?bas**rds!!!!!!!i'm F***ing depressed now

i'm going to go take a nap, and i wont enjoy it Well it is what we do with these two games in hand.But the dippers two points clear.bas**rds, they always score last-minte winner..........That was gaydidn't think for a minute they wouldn't win tonight but it's worse when they get one in the last minuteWas two minutes away from actually getting all my predictions for this match spot on - had predicted a 0-0 draw...Sign of Champions, that.

Nice goal too.Finds self tangibly annoyed to hear hear officials congratulating Benayoun afte rthe whistle goesmust admit my knuckles are bleeding a little bitplease tell me they haven't scored?
      No we're all really upset because we've all simultaneously stubbed our toes.No it isn't luck when they do it.hhh F**k off..

Was so close to being all back to normal. Will be a hard game for us tomorrow. Lets hope we give a big performance.Sign of Champions, that.

Nice goal too.
      F**k off, please, F**k off, or at least stop it with these extremely infuriating comments.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #98: Apr 05, 2009 01:41:50 am
      Love the way they moaned about 4 minutes of injury time.  They're fine ones to talk about that.

In any case.  We only needed 2 minutes of it to get our goal. ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Reply #99: Apr 05, 2009 01:55:01 am
      F**k United, their fans and anything to do with that club. We won and that's all that matters. Lets bask in our victory and be so proud of our own side. Top of the F***ing table and exactly where we should be.

Cravern Cottage is no easy place to go to and win, not only did we win but we absoloutely tore them apart. The mighty Liverpool have finally woken up and realised this league can only be won by winning matches, not by not losing them. We're going for the win so much more in recent weeks and we're seeing the rewards - 3 points on a regular basis. Four straight wins, the most in form side in the league and playing the best football the league has seen all year.

Bring on Blackburn because there's nothing I'd love more right now than to see the Reds put another nail in that fat b***ard Allerdyce's coffin.

We're unstoppable at the moment, not only that but three clean sheets in our last four games speakes volumes as well. Not only are we in lethal scoring form (if the goal frame was a foot taller and wider today) but we're not giving anything anyway at the other end of the pitch. Our players look like they believe, they're playing with real spirit. They're not settling for anything less than three points and it's such a joy to see a Liverpool side play this way. It's been too long since I saw Liverpool players play with a smile on their face at the start of April in a Premiership match.

No second best for this club and number 19 is on it's way to Anfield.

Lets give it our all in the last 7 matches of this league campaign. Wherever you are in the world, wear your Liverpool heart on your sleeve and give yourself one hell of a sore voice in your support for the greatest club alive - Liverpool Football Club.

We love you Liverpool - we do
      We love you Liverpool - we do
      We love you Liverpool - we doooooooo
      Oh Liverpool we love you
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #100: Apr 05, 2009 03:09:37 am
      Time to sing!! This win edges us closer to the finish point, its in sight, the title's in side. Come on Torres, score a couple, Come on Gerrard, Come on Liverpool.

Its time to sing, sing, sing.

Fernando Torres Liverpool Number 9!

And its glory round the fields of Anfield Road!

Ste Gerrard Gerrard!

Looking forward to the next game mates, cant F***ing wait!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #101: Apr 05, 2009 03:11:54 am
      Haha they are calling Yossi rat boy, i dont think they are in any position to pass comment on the appearance of some of our players going by the appearance of theirs; Shrek, Herman Munster  and co.

Don't quite get the cheating bit :-\

Not an intelligent bunch are they :D

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #102: Apr 05, 2009 03:18:09 am
      Our players look like they believe, they're playing with real spirit. They're not settling for anything less than three points and it's such a joy to see a Liverpool side play this way.

Damn right! You can sense it.

John Barnes said after the game that these are the same players who were struggling to create chances and have the determination against so called lesser teams, earlier in the season. The reason why it's working for us now is because the belief and determination is there in the players. The team hasn't changed but the mentality has.

We showed some great character earlier on in the season to come back and win in certain games. Now we are showing an even greater character. Long may it continue.

I had a feeling this game was going to be tricky - going to grounds like this usually are tricky. Some of the football we played though was lovely to see. Players were really looking for each other. The ball didn't look like a hot brick. It just seemed that we weren't getting the luck in some instances. I'm glad this didn't play on the players minds too much - which is so easily done.

Babel has come in for some criticism which is fair enough. But let's not forget that it was he who started the move off very well that led up to our vital goal. A goal that could prove very important in this title chase. I think the subs we made were spot on. Rafa used attacking options and it proved successful to get the job done.

We now walk on!

albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #103: Apr 05, 2009 03:24:18 am
      you know, this is amazing....just reading about how everyone roared so loud they disturbed neighbours etc..  I live in an apartment building and I guarantee at least half a dozen neighbours are thinking "who or what the hell is a Yossi and why does he have to get in?"  ;D

just think about this.....that roar of "YOSSI!" reverberated around the World...I am in Canada, I saw someone posting from USA and Australia....this is definitely the greatest feeling as a Reds fan since 2005....we are really rolling now....let's hope we can really stuff Chelsea and not revert to negativity even though keeping a clean sheet is obviously a big issue....Rafa, please, this team REALLY PLAYS when you let them off the leash.

Heck, even Dossena and Lucas almost looked like footballers today.

COME ON YOU REDS!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #104: Apr 05, 2009 03:28:40 am
      Heck, even Dossena and Lucas almost looked like footballers today.

I thought Lucas had a very good day, maybe lacking when he pushes up to attack but he is continuing his good form, usually when Masch is out I notice it a lot but today I never really notice that much of a difference. We are going to need him for the last 10 games of the season, I am sure there will be times where either Masch or Alonso get knocks, get tired or get suspensions and Lucas will have to be there to cover.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #105: Apr 05, 2009 03:50:20 am
      I thought, and I'm not a big fan of Lucas I don't think he's quite up to it yet, that what he did he did well.
      He didn't push forwards much and didn't have alot to do but he did what was needed, nothing more, nothing less so I can't knock him for that.
      Dossena as a left winger, when I saw that I was suprised and I thought that Rafa didn't trust Insua so put a defender in front of him but it worked, Dossena got forward well.
      Insua was very good, unlucky to have a free kick near the end given against him for nothing.
      Steve Gerrard again was everywhere, what a superstar.
      We left the game late, but got the result and thats all that matters.
      Xabi Alonso MoM in my opinion. And I think Benayoun and Babel both proved doubters wrong and showed why I think they are both very valuable players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #106: Apr 05, 2009 03:50:24 am
      I thought Lucas had a very good day, maybe lacking when he pushes up to attack but he is continuing his good form, usually when Masch is out I notice it a lot but today I never really notice that much of a difference. We are going to need him for the last 10 games of the season, I am sure there will be times where either Masch or Alonso get knocks, get tired or get suspensions and Lucas will have to be there to cover.

Yeah mate was thinking the same thing during the game. Lucas, amongst many others, had a very good game.

Insua had a cracker again, a few immature mistakes but that happens at his age.

Biggest surprise however, Dirk Kuyt got substituted.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #107: Apr 05, 2009 04:03:36 am
      Lucas done himself proud I feel. Went about his business very well and there was only one occasion I can remember where he showed his old self of falling off the pace while he was on the ball. I said it many times during the match and I'll say it again now - well in Lucas.
      radya
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #108: Apr 05, 2009 04:09:21 am
      great game we have last nite.. 4 times hit the bar on the first half.. and can't stop my heart beating faster on the second half.. we won the game.. we keep the pressure on.. cheers for all of you and liverpool player!! :cheers:
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #109: Apr 05, 2009 04:31:28 am
      Were gonna win the League

And now your gonna believe us

:scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Jeez..........I've got no nails left and pulled most of my hair out  :o

I'm not quire sure how much more I can take  :laugh:

I hope it's not going to be like this on Wednesday, but something tells me it might be.

Dear oh dear, all I can say is thank you Yossi Benayoun you little beauty you, scoring that goal right in the dying minutes to save our bacon..

Mind you isn't that what man u have been doing all season  :f_tongueincheek:

This game could have been another Villa scoreline..........that bloody crossbar  :o

Just happy in the end that we won and got the three points, cos at this stage that really is all that matters..

Well done lads you did what man u failed to do  ;D
      It's been tooooo long since we've heard that song ringing around a ground with REAL belief that we can do this, hasn't it Ms G? My God, I was like a lunatic when Yossi hammered that beauty in. Such a massive difference that will make to Manure's gameplan for the Villa match, I could imagine their heads dropping and fear growing as that hit the net!! Go on Yossi lad!!  ;D
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #110: Apr 05, 2009 04:38:55 am
      You know, quite a few of our draws have been after dominating performances like today. 

The scoreline might read 1-0 but anybody watching knows it should and could have been another of our recent cricket scores.

I am made up tonight!
      Yeah mate your'e dead right , so frustrating at times when the ball's going everywhere exept the back of the net. But it's little details that can win or lose a match like Rafa has said isn't it mate?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #111: Apr 05, 2009 05:05:50 am
      It looked like it was going to be one of those days.
      Possesion, attacking but can't score.

Thanks to Yossi, back to where we belong :)

I don't think anyone had a bad game. Insua was being pressured by Zamora and Johnson but recovered and dealt with all the problems well.
      Lucas and Dossena hardly made a mistake.
      Quite a good performance for me just unlucky not to have scored more.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #112: Apr 05, 2009 06:05:25 am
      Fantastic result, absolutely delighted with it.

Was made up all through my shitty day at work, and that's saying something!

Let's not forget that Fulham have managed to beat United and Arsenal, and draw with Chelsea at the Cottage - so we did incredibly well to get a win there.

On that note, it was yet another fantastic performance. Our momentum is still there, and the Liverpool FC wheels are still in motion - and I have a feeling we've yet to hit that final gear.

Bring home our title, boys!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #113: Apr 05, 2009 06:16:17 am
      Victory, really couldnt have come at a better time, couldnt have really tasted any sweeter. Its so bitter, bitter in the face of the scum fans. I for one would take this win over a 5-0 thrashing, its just great to see the bitterness and the soreloserish on the scum's face.

They scum thinking. "So close yet so far. WTF."

This thought made my day.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #114: Apr 05, 2009 06:36:30 am
      That was a brilliant performance, good to see that the mentality has shifted now against lesser teams. Babel's body language indicated this even though he wasnt brilliant he looked hungry for a win. It was a frustrating match to watch given that we played so well and created so much without any result. I thought Gerrard was quite given the high standard he set himself the last month and Torres looked tired. We need them to be sharper against Chelsea.

Well done boys too good to be true to see us on top of the table again!

Quick Reply