Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Ancelotti leaves AC Milan

Read 1653 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Ancelotti leaves AC Milan
      May 31, 2009 05:13:56 pm
      Ancelotti leaves job at AC Milan
      Carlo Ancelotti took a step closer to becoming Chelsea's new manager after he announced his contract at AC Milan has been terminated by mutual consent.

The Italian guided the Rossoneri to third in Serie A, guaranteeing the club Champions League football next season following a 2-0 win over Fiorentina.

However, the 49-year-old said a move to Stamford Bridge has yet to be agreed.

He said: "I have agreed to leave Milan. The decision was by mutual consent. But a move to London is not certain yet."

Chelsea have been searching for a replacement for Guus Hiddink, who is returning to his full-time role with Russia.

The Dutchman, who guided the west London club to the FA Cup on Saturday, was drafted in when Luis Felipe Scolari was sacked in February, but resisted the clamour to remain in charge next season.

Milan club director Leonardo is in the frame to succeed Ancelotti as boss at the San Siro.

Ancelotti, who had been the longest-serving manager in Italy's top flight, having joined the Rossoneri from Juventus in 2001, has previously confirmed he has been learning English.

He previously refused to rule out the possibility of taking the reins at Stamford Bridge, despite reaffirming his commitment to the Serie A giants.

Ancelotti, speaking before the 3-2 defeat by Roma on 24 May, said: "It's 100% certain I will still be at Milan next year."

But he added: "I am open to anything. It's obvious I would say yes if you ask me if I would love to coach Chelsea."

And in his autobiography, 'Preferisco La Coppa' (I Prefer The Cup), which was released in Italy on Tuesday, the 49-year-old describes two meetings he claims to have held with Blues owner Roman Abramovich last year in Geneva and Paris.

Ancelotti told the Russian about two players he thought would help turn Chelsea into the attractive, winning side Abramovich craves.

"President, your team is very physical, you have to put more quality in the middle of the pitch," Ancelotti claims to have told Abramovich.

"I gave him two names, (Bayern Munich winger) Franck Ribery and (Liverpool midfielder) Xabi Alonso."

Chelsea have refused to comment on the claims in Ancelotti's book.

Ancelotti has a year left on his Milan contract but has yet to be offered a new deal.

Other possible candidates to replace Ancelotti at the San Siro Leonardo would include former Milan players Marco van Basten and Frank Rijkaard.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8043480.stm#
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2009 06:39:43 pm by redkenny »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Ancelotti leaves Ac Milan
      Reply #1: May 31, 2009 05:17:20 pm
      Ancelotti, speaking before the 3-2 defeat by Roma on 24 May, said: "It's 100% certain I will still be at Milan next year."

Carlo Ancelotti took a step closer to becoming Chelsea's new manager after he announced his contract at AC Milan has been terminated by mutual consent.

Am I missing something here? :-\
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: May 31, 2009 05:19:25 pm
      i am loving this bit

I gave him two names, (Bayern Munich winger) Franck Ribery and (Liverpool midfielder) Xabi Alonso."

Not a hope in hell of getting Xabi so you can give his name all you bloody well like because thats closest you will come to getting him :lmao:
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: May 31, 2009 05:19:30 pm
      Don't really care, tbh.
      He'll be gone by next summer either way.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #4: May 31, 2009 05:20:43 pm
      The only thing you are missing is that people in football talk crap most of the time and only say what others need to hear.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #5: May 31, 2009 05:26:26 pm
      Anyone going to mention Mancini as the possible next Sunderland manager?

Setanta claiming Ancelotti been released from his contract by mutual consent.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: May 31, 2009 05:29:15 pm
      Haha wow, that's a pretty big mistake!
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #7: May 31, 2009 05:31:14 pm
      Leonardo is his replacement at Milan? That's a lot of pressure for a young, inexperienced manager!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: May 31, 2009 05:33:22 pm
      Leonardo is his replacement at Milan? That's a lot of pressure for a young, inexperienced manager!

Think that's only temporary though isn't it?
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #9: May 31, 2009 05:42:41 pm
      Think that's only temporary though isn't it?

I didn't think so. He doesn't have his coaching badges yet so that might make it a temporary position alright. Milan have known for a few months now that Ancelotti would be going to Chelsea so would have had time to line up a permanent replacement at the end of the season. Leonardo knows the club inside out so maybe they are starting another dynasty ala Ferguson. It will be interesting to see how much time he is given (if it is a permanent position).
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: May 31, 2009 05:47:27 pm
      Psml at this thread.  The original story is still in here while SSN took it down moments later.  A year flies...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Ancelotti leaves Ac Milan
      Reply #11: May 31, 2009 06:26:29 pm
      Psml at this thread.  The original story is still in here while SSN took it down moments later.  A year flies...

It certainly does!!! I've split the topic.

I didn't think so. He doesn't have his coaching badges yet so that might make it a temporary position alright. Milan have known for a few months now that Ancelotti would be going to Chelsea so would have had time to line up a permanent replacement at the end of the season. Leonardo knows the club inside out so maybe they are starting another dynasty ala Ferguson. It will be interesting to see how much time he is given (if it is a permanent position).

Do you know if he's in the process of taking his badges? I think if the first couple of results go bad for them next season they might bring someone in.

Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Re: Ancelotti leaves AC Milan
      Reply #12: May 31, 2009 06:31:59 pm
      It certainly does!!! I've split the topic.

Do you know if he's in the process of taking his badges? I think if the first couple of results go bad for them next season they might bring someone in.

He's studying for his A licence this summer I believe.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: May 31, 2009 06:33:46 pm
      Still, regardless of who's taken what and why, this fella could be the new Guardiola - or he could just be an absolute flop - which is more likely.

I'm still confused as to why Ancelotti would say he's not leaving, then leave.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #14: May 31, 2009 07:46:26 pm
      This is exactly why we hate Chelsea. They are just like a spoilt kid. Thrown its dummy out so daddy gets another one. Unless he is off to Sunderland, or even Wigan.

Quick Reply