Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Do you believe in God

Read 18067 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Do you believe in God
      Reply #92: Jul 27, 2009 02:35:45 pm
      why has man stopped evolving? why has the monkey stopped evolving?you here all the times that man came from the monkey yet what about the pig? whos internall organs replecate ours and can be used in human tranplant operations,why dont we ever use monkey donors or fish donors?

Whose to say we as humans aren't going to evolve over a period of thousands of years?
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #93: Jul 27, 2009 02:37:26 pm
      why has man stopped evolving? why has the monkey stopped evolving?you here all the times that man came from the monkey yet what about the pig? whos internall organs replecate ours and can be used in human tranplant operations,why dont we ever use monkey donors or fish donors?

Since when has man stopped evolving? Just because we haven't sprouted wings recently doesn't mean we've stopped evolving. Humans and every other species on the planet are forever evolving, it's a lengthy process that takes thousands or millions of years. I don't know what you mean talking about pigs, but they, like all other animals have evolved over time.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #94: Jul 27, 2009 02:39:45 pm
      BACK ON TOPIC,yes i beleive in the almighty and say thank you every day for what i have been given.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #95: Jul 27, 2009 02:47:45 pm
      If what is written in the bible is true, why hasn't there been a single miracle since the days it was written? No one has managed to part the sea into two..or turned water into wine. Not even david blaine could do that :laugh: And Noah's Ark is the worst story ther's ever been. If evolution isn't true we're all a product of Noah, who mustv had a daughter and a son who in turn then must've had sex with eachother to keep the human race alive.

If we aren't a product of evolution we're a product of alot of incest that's all I'm saying. It's stuff like this that doesn't allow me to believe any aspect of christianity or any other religion for that matter.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #96: Jul 27, 2009 02:58:42 pm

It just had to be done really.   ;)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #97: Jul 27, 2009 03:01:33 pm
      That makes alot more sense than creationism,GOD MADE THE EARTH IN SEVEN DAYS, whatever. Why'd he put the talking snake in the garden of eden?Made no sense whatsoever. Christianity is the story of Mary having an affair which got way out of hand. I'd rather believe the story of pokemon rather than the bible, their both equally as far fetched.
      I think the snake was supposed to be symbolic of something and if I had to put money on it I'd say Adam got laid in the garden of Eden.

I know it sounds like crap but I believe in both god and creationism in some ways I believe that god created life and let it evolve.

And btw dont joke about pokemon or I'll throw a pokeball at your head. :laugh:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #98: Jul 27, 2009 03:05:20 pm
       INTRO| MIRACLES| GOODIES

Proof from Science

Evolution? Creation?

"Big Bang" - BUSTED!

Quran: Comments by Top Scientists

Science: Contributions from Islam

Astrolabe

Where Did Everything Come From?

What is the proof?

Islam tells us Allah is both The Creator & The Evolver, of all that exits. We know Allah did not evolve us from monkeys, and we know all things are from Allah. Please share this information with those who deny the existence of God. They need it.

There is a popular theory referred to as the 'Big Bang' theory. It tries to explain the existence of the universe in an evolutionary manner having an initial beginning with an immense explosion of some gases or solid mass. Some say there first was a void or ’nothingness’, or perhaps, some gases which exploded then from this everything in the universe simply began to evolve to the stage that we see now. There has never really been any solid evidence for this idea of 'something out of nothing' concept. Nor for that matter, the evolutionary theory itself.

We would like to explore the idea of creation from a purely logical standpoint using simple terminology without religious hype, emotional pre-convictions or superstitions.

What if someone called a 'scientist' tells you his 'theory' of how cars are made is like this:

A salvage yard on the south side of town blows up and all the metal pieces fly into the air and fall back down in one place forming a brand new Chevrolet Caprice automobile.. with no left over parts.. and the motor is running..

Or what if his theory for how a chair is made is:

An explosion occurs in a forest and the trees go flying into the air and then suddenly they combine with some flying cloth to make a beautiful chair... and then it lands in a furniture showroom complete with matching table and lamp...

He further explains that:

An earthquake in California's 'Silicon Valley' causes the computer chips and circuit boards and other various parts to fall out of their boxes and off of their shelves and just come in place together as they are rolling around on the floor and form the most advanced technical computers existing on the earth?...

Or what of his 'Medicine Theory'? He now claims that:

A gas leak in a pharmacy warehouse causes a terrific explosion. All the different chemicals and substances just smash into each other in exactly the correct amounts to produce a miracle drug which cures everything form cancer to heart and liver disease, old age and warts?...

Wait... there's more to this one:

It is all in one formula, packaged in the bottles with labels and ready to sell with no mess left on the floor?...

Now after all this exploding and excitement this 'scientist' tells you of a great place to relax and have something to eat. It is his favorite place and he calls it: "Burger Blast"! He says:

You just go in and sit down and suddenly a 'blast' from the kitchen occurs and immediately a burger lands right in front of you with all the trimmings.. just the way you like it complete with fries, a drink and even your favorite dessert?...

AND...

No one works at "Burger Blast", it just runs itself, automatically cleaning itself and as you leave it scans your billfold for a valid credit card and charges your bank account for what you have eaten?...

Now the question is: "Are you really going to accept any of this as 'fact'?"

Of course not!

We wouldn't believe a new car is made from flying junk; chairs don't fall down from exploding trees; earthquakes do not produce computers and blasting burgers don't rain down on us from above.

Question: So how come we don't challenge a theory of something coming from nothing and then colliding in the cosmos to make the universe? Is it because of its tremendous magnitude that we have so little comprehension about it, that we are willing to accept any theory from a few telescope 'peeping Toms' to tell us that it came from 'nothingness'? Or just some gases colliding and then... 'Poof'!? Instant Universe? How?

Let us now come to our main subject:

Creation or Explosion?

We can turn our attention to the earth and the heavens and make observations on our own without a 'genius' scientist telling us what we are seeing. And then the idea that nothing is sustaining the heavens and the earth! - 'It just runs itself'? How?

Think about the stars, the sun, the moon and the countless solar systems and galaxies in the universe.
      Who or What created them in the first place?
      They continue to function and move with the utmost precision and accuracy.
      Who does this? Who keeps them gliding along on their courses and orbits preordained for them?

The Quran on the Origin of the Universe

Look closer to the heaven surrounding the earth. We call it the 'sky'. Notice the clouds? What are they?

The Quran on Clouds

Let us now bring our gaze a bit closer to earth. Consider the mountains and their majesty. Is there anything about these massive formations that may give us a clue as to the origin of creation?

The Quran on Mountains

What about the water covering the earth? Is there another clue hiding beneath the seas?

The Quran on Deep Seas and Internal Waves

Water covers so much of the earth and even mixes with the land in rivers and streams. Yet is there something keeping it from mixing with itself? What is contained in this mystery of separation of waters?

The Quran on Seas and Rivers

What about us? Are we are part of creation? How did we begin? What develops us and causes us to live and die? How are we sustained?

The Quran on Human Embryonic Development

Think about the humans. How did we all get here? What is the nature of mankind? What causes us to act as we do? Are we ungrateful to the One who created us and sustains us? What is this clue? Think about yourself. Did you create yourself?

The Quran on the Cerebrum (forehead area of the brain in humans)

Who or What created all this? Who is sustaining everything? How do organisms reproduce themselves? How can a tree grow up out of a seed?

StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #99: Jul 27, 2009 03:12:28 pm
       :lmao: I got nuthing bad to say about Pokemon I used to be a big fan! Charmander was my favourite, but anyway.. If I go to hell for not having faith in God It's his fault for not doing a good enough job convincing me. Atleast I'll be with my family and friends and any other Athiests out there. Religion causes more problems than it solves anyway IMO.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #100: Jul 27, 2009 03:39:18 pm
      Darwin's general theory presumes the development of life from non-life

This is the bit that gets me.

Whilst I don't necessarily believe in God (at least, not in a way that reflects anything religion tells us), quite how life can just 'begin' is beyond me.

I appreciate that there are many theories out there, which I have had a look through this afternoon, and have tried unsuccessfully to wrap my head around. The science is more or less beyond me, but what is written seems to be based mainly on speculation, with little actual proof. Apparently parts of the process have been proved to a certain extent by scientists, but at the end of the day they are working more in assumption than fact.

I am open-minded, and just cannot conceive how life can develop from inanimate matter, no matter what the conditions are. That being said, the idea of a single creator who has always and will always exist is also beyond me. Perhaps there are things that we are not meant to understand, or things that we will never be able to understand. The human mind has limits, and perhaps the answers to such questions are simply too huge or incomprehensible for us.

An interesting debate on which I shall happily sit on the fence. That being said, to add a little spice to the discussion, surely the fact that scientists have not proven that life can develop from nothing means that those who believe in this as 'fact' are simply displaying their own version of faith?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #101: Jul 27, 2009 03:41:55 pm
      I wouldn't question your views on pokeman or the other character you mention not having had much experience with the particular beliefs themselves but you sure as hell are going to the burny place with not having the right amount of credits with the god game.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #102: Jul 27, 2009 03:42:52 pm
      Life evolved from single celled organisms simples..........
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #103: Jul 27, 2009 03:48:07 pm
      Life evolved from single celled organisms simples..........

Which came from?

When did they stop being bits of matter that were 'non-living' to 'living'?

This is the key to the whole debate for me, where did the 'spark of life' come from? I don't care what conditions you have, if you sit and watch a speck of dust or a rock or whatever for long enough, it won't start living.

For me, that a higher organism, or God if you will, caused that to happen, it seems no less ridiculous. Both arguments have their strong points and weaknesses, but I yet to be fully convinced by either.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #104: Jul 27, 2009 03:57:29 pm
      Ahh I hate that whole, science is a religion argument. Having faith in scientific evidence and facts is something completely different to having faith in something that is complete speculation with no proof to back it up. If people supported scientific research rather than religion maybe we would be closer to knowing the answers to the questions we can't understand rather than following a religion with blind faith.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #105: Jul 27, 2009 03:58:09 pm
      that spark came from god.
      What we have to ask ourselves is why would men who were messengers of god come and tell us to worship one creator the one who created us,what purpose would it serve these prophets to lie in order to controll the masses,in the name of religion.
      Whether you beleive in god or not logic tells us we were created by a more superior being.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #106: Jul 27, 2009 04:00:55 pm
      The proverbial soup and chemistry that sparked life as we know it on this planet came from comets that brought water to earth through years of impacts, Life evolved from vents on the ocean the floor whether it was micro bacterial or single celled they thrived and evolved and became more complicated. If you look at at strains of DNA through out the whole species of mammals reptiles birds humans etc etc, you will find that they do not differ much at all, there are certain genes turned on and off that creates the differences but the majority of the Dna strands remain the same.

Its like a chicken for example chickens when they are in an egg in an embryonic state still have a tail and about seven extra vertebra somewhere along the line during its growth the gene turns off and it loses these extra vertebra before it hatches.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #107: Jul 27, 2009 04:04:04 pm
      This is the bit that gets me.

Whilst I don't necessarily believe in God (at least, not in a way that reflects anything religion tells us), quite how life can just 'begin' is beyond me.

I appreciate that there are many theories out there, which I have had a look through this afternoon, and have tried unsuccessfully to wrap my head around. The science is more or less beyond me, but what is written seems to be based mainly on speculation, with little actual proof. Apparently parts of the process have been proved to a certain extent by scientists, but at the end of the day they are working more in assumption than fact.

I am open-minded, and just cannot conceive how life can develop from inanimate matter, no matter what the conditions are. That being said, the idea of a single creator who has always and will always exist is also beyond me. Perhaps there are things that we are not meant to understand, or things that we will never be able to understand. The human mind has limits, and perhaps the answers to such questions are simply too huge or incomprehensible for us.

An interesting debate on which I shall happily sit on the fence. That being said, to add a little spice to the discussion, surely the fact that scientists have not proven that life can develop from nothing means that those who believe in this as 'fact' are simply displaying their own version of faith?
      The various theories Darwins amongst them give rise to involved debate and the example you give Ayrton always gets an airing and is good for a few hours discussion, culminating in the agree to disagree scenario. The same can be said for the outer space analogy and the fact that we are even now discovering vast areas of incalculable space with attached galaxies this is not evolution but systems that have existed for light years without our knowledge.
                                                                                                  For somebody to emerge relatively recently in terms of time scales and tell tales of magical creation which is what the different religions all do , is quite honestly an insult to the intelligence of the reader .
      « Last Edit: Jul 27, 2009 04:43:51 pm by stuey »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #108: Jul 27, 2009 04:10:44 pm
      Mould is a great example of how life can evolve from inanimate matter.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #109: Jul 27, 2009 04:11:17 pm
      the agree to disagree scenario.

Seems the best 'theory' to use on this thread! :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #110: Jul 27, 2009 04:12:15 pm
      Thats the key stuey KNOWLEDGE! who has given us the knowledege to find these galaxies and who has given us the technologies to achieve great things.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #111: Jul 27, 2009 04:13:27 pm
      Mould is a great example of how life can evolve from inanimate matter.

but surelly matter is also created! from what?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #112: Jul 27, 2009 04:24:54 pm
      Omg did god create matter as I see nothing in the bible about this, perhaps the church will see fit to change it to move on with the times like they have gay marriage etc
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #113: Jul 27, 2009 04:27:04 pm
      Honestly tho scientists from Nasa crash landed an impacter into a comet and it recorded and sent data back to another craft it was working in unison with and even then they found microbial life as well as all the elements that the comet was made up of.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #114: Jul 27, 2009 04:29:05 pm
      Thats the key stuey KNOWLEDGE! who has given us th and who has given us the technologies to achieve great things.

If 'someone' had 'given us the knowledege to find these galaxies' then surely we were afforded such a gift way back when? Could it be, more likely, that our brain's have evolved over time and we created the technology.

I'll admit now that it is a bit pointless trying to have a reasoned debate with anyone who doesn't use "reason" or, indeed, evidence in any debate but instead relies on blind, unquestioning, "faith" as the (one stop/panacea) answer.....but what the hell  :angel:

Quick Reply