Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Loan Gonzalez out!

Read 2237 times
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Loan Gonzalez out!
      Dec 28, 2006 12:34:49 am
      Thats what I think.. that Mark Gonzalez should be loaned out.. not to a La Liga team but to a Premiership team where he can play every game for 90 minutes from January to may.

He is not good enough in this league for us yet, we can't afford to play him.. he is a quality player no doubt about that but he looks lost in this league and him not playing many games nor 90 minutes means he will take even longer to adapt to Liverpool and the Premiership.

This is why I think a team who needs a player like him in the Premiership should get him on loan for 5 months.

Possible teams that would need him and play him every game are...

Charlton
      Fulham
      Man City
      Middlesbrough
      Reading
      Sheff United
      Watford
      West Ham
      Wigan

If he could go on loan to one of these teams it would be great for him and Liverpool just so he has a bit more experience in this league and what it is all about.

Does anyone agree on my first post ever made?
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2006 06:20:52 pm by koolkidda »
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Re: Mark Gonzalez to be loaned out
      Reply #1: Dec 28, 2006 08:44:40 am
      Yeah could be a good idea, bit I would want him to stay away from Watford/Sheff Utd/ as i dont think he'll learn anything from going to them and really those teams who are gonna be in a relagation fight.......

Bring back Kewell!!!! :)

NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Re: Mark Gonzalez to be loaned out
      Reply #2: Dec 28, 2006 02:03:46 pm
      I would not mind him going to Watford/Sheff Utd.. he will learn more there than here with us at the moment.
      Man Utd put Richardson on loan to WBA & Pennant went to Brum so i see no problem with Gonzalez going to a bottom Prem club for 5 months.

I would not be too keen if it was West Ham because they don't even play Tevez but im thinking Charlton because they have got some good players and he could link up well with Darren Bent.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Loan Gonzalez out!
      Reply #3: Dec 28, 2006 06:22:58 pm
      He won't learn anything at Watford - he probably won't get a kick.  At Anfield the other day they were firing the ball up and playing for the set-pieces.

He's been on loan at a top European side - I just think he needs time - he should be playing in the reserves week in week out like the 'old' Liverpool way.

He has shown flashes of brilliance though in most games I have seen him play.  It's just all about consistency and confidence.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Dec 29, 2006 10:28:16 pm
      Yeah, he just needs time. But we cannot keep wasting time in the left midfield position. Sit Garcia in there untill Kewell is back and I'm happy.
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 01, 2007 08:01:32 pm
      He deffo needs to go on loan to another Prem club for 5months and today proved it.. he just can't get involved in the play much so if he goes to a weaker team they might rely on him which will involve him more in this game
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #6: Jan 01, 2007 08:35:03 pm
      Thats what I think.. that Mark Gonzalez should be loaned out.. not to a La Liga team but to a Premiership team where he can play every game for 90 minutes from January to may.

He is not good enough in this league for us yet, we can't afford to play him.. he is a quality player no doubt about that but he looks lost in this league and him not playing many games nor 90 minutes means he will take even longer to adapt to Liverpool and the Premiership.

This is why I think a team who needs a player like him in the Premiership should get him on loan for 5 months.

Possible teams that would need him and play him every game are...

Charlton
      Fulham
      Man City
      Middlesbrough
      Reading
      Sheff United
      Watford
      West Ham
      Wigan

If he could go on loan to one of these teams it would be great for him and Liverpool just so he has a bit more experience in this league and what it is all about.

Does anyone agree on my first post ever made?

I think this would be a good idea in the short term, the only down side of it is cover if something happens to Fabio which has already happend this season. To be perfectly frank about it, both the left and right side have proved difficult for the incoming players to propergate in a good manner. Until today Pennant was arse!! and I  have to say Mark has not been able to cope with the pace of the EPL thus far.
      I would also stick Garcia out on the left too but really think this as a really short term measure. With the lack of real cover in that area I really cant see this sorta thing happening to be honest, not until kewll is fit anyway, and then will he ever be the same, buts thats another story. I think Rafa is in the mindset of just giving Speedy time.

I dont know about anyone else but I havent really seen Speedy go past many defenders like you would expect, and like he did for Sociedad in la liga last season. What also worries me is the fact that after a game it was reported he had a torn hamstring, Ive pulled both my right and left hamstrings (not torn pulled) And I know that it takes at least a week for them to recover just from a bad pull, a tear is when the muscle comes right off the bone or there is a strip on the muscle going right down to the bone. This is months out type of injury yet he was back in the side a week later. With those sorts of injurys you must take into consideration the psycological factor which sticks in the back of your head, about the same thing happening again. This could be one of his problems, and I just hope he can come around and come real good soon as personnally I like the bloke a lot he shows potential I just hope he can do a Pennant and get me to shut my big gob and thus far all his critisim.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #7: Jan 04, 2007 04:36:16 pm
      I Think this is a good idea because soon when kewell gets out off injury he will be a bench warmer and real socidad might want him back for another season long loan. I dont think any Premirship teams will want him because he can easily lose oppitunitys quite easily aswell no teams have shown intrest in him .
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2007 04:37:25 pm by rosscoveneyrules »
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #8: Feb 11, 2007 08:11:34 pm
      yeh i agree he wont learn anything from watford though

Quick Reply