Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

When Villains Turn Heroes

Read 2259 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      When Villains Turn Heroes
      Apr 04, 2009 07:58:37 pm
      Please. Please. Please, Aston Villa. We wholloped you lot but do this for us and the sake of English football!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: When Villains Turn Heroes
      Reply #1: Apr 04, 2009 07:59:49 pm
      I think they will wallop United tomorrow, the Mancs will be very very nervous  :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Apr 04, 2009 08:01:55 pm
      They have an excellent opportunity does Villa the only recognised striker old whiskey nose has available was getting his arse kicked by bolivia at 12000 feet just a couple of days ago.
      radya
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 05, 2009 04:38:53 am
      i guess today i'll support villa.. anything to take manu down.. i hope villa can make something for the match.. :D
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #4: Apr 05, 2009 05:23:16 am
      Come on Villa, do something for once. I'll be suporting Villa with all my heart
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #5: Apr 05, 2009 05:24:27 am
      Well if Villa want to take a challenge to Arsenal for the fourth spot then it is a must win game tommorrow.  Arsenal are to still play the top three teams in the league, but ONeil surely knows that he has to take some points off the big 4 and he may not get a better chance than tommorrow.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,899 posts | 6826 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Apr 05, 2009 06:34:21 am
      Come on Villa, do it for us you can still get 4th.  ;D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #7: Apr 05, 2009 06:46:53 am
      Win or draw would be good enough for me, kinda funny if Barry scored a couple of goals :D
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #8: Apr 05, 2009 11:50:18 am
      I really pray that the Villa go there today with no fear and have a real go at them. They can really do themselves some good and obviously for us, but they've defo got something to play for today, and i've got a good feeling they'll get something if they go at them.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #9: Apr 05, 2009 06:54:48 pm
      Villa are just f**king bitches..they can't keep the result for just 10 minutes :@:@:@:@
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #10: Apr 05, 2009 07:05:35 pm
      It's not villa's fault they were cheated by mike riley and man u
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #11: Apr 05, 2009 07:21:04 pm
      It's not villa's fault they were cheated by mike riley and man u

Don't know about that. Villa's arses went straight after Utd equalised.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #12: Apr 06, 2009 09:45:35 am
      If you want a job done, i guess you just have to do it yourself! ;)

Don't let this Manc win put you off, they're complaining about the fixtues already. The pressure is defientely on them, and we need to keep on winning!

Believe!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #13: Apr 06, 2009 12:00:47 pm
      I think one thing Villa did showed us all what seperates them from the Top Four. Villa were 2-1 up and running rings around United. Ronaldo was having another tantrum and fighting with anyone he seen in red. Really it had Villa win written all over it. Then Martin O' Neill made the mistake that made it so clear why Villa will NOT play Champions League football next season. With a one goal lead and basically cruising with the 11 he had out there he decided to make a substitution to defend his lead. He killed his own teams tempo, he took their attack out and the goals were inevitable.

If Villa are looking for Top Four status they have a long way to go yet. At the moment they are just pretenders.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #14: Apr 07, 2009 11:15:46 am
      I think one thing Villa did showed us all what seperates them from the Top Four. Villa were 2-1 up and running rings around United. Ronaldo was having another tantrum and fighting with anyone he seen in red. Really it had Villa win written all over it. Then Martin O' Neill made the mistake that made it so clear why Villa will NOT play Champions League football next season. With a one goal lead and basically cruising with the 11 he had out there he decided to make a substitution to defend his lead. He killed his own teams tempo, he took their attack out and the goals were inevitable.

If Villa are looking for Top Four status they have a long way to go yet. At the moment they are just pretenders.

hmmm....of course, OUR manager would never do a silly thing like that...
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #15: Apr 07, 2009 04:41:07 pm
      It was a lesson to those that feel that we should cut short our squad for total quality.  Villa a far superior team both on paper and also on the pitch for most of the game, but even after a two week break for most of their players they looked tired in the last 20 minutes.  The season has got to them right at the end.  They have nothing left in the tank to fight for the Champions league spot and Arsenal have hit form and star players are fresh.  That was their last chance to try to get their squad pushing for the 4th spot on adrenaline alone.  But instead it is going to be back to the drawing board for them as players will be jumping ship come summer.

Quick Reply