Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Do You Still Play With Toys.

Read 2260 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Do You Still Play With Toys.
      Apr 19, 2011 07:29:10 pm
      My grandson is coming round in a bit and the first thing he ask's for is my toys,I still an old Aroura racing set plus loads of remote control stuff I also have what he calls my magic stuff which is a talking monkey a mystery ufo and the hand which moves on infer red oh! and my laughing cat which rolls around in hysterics its great fun not just for him but for me as well,do you still have any toys boys and girls.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Re: Do You Still Play With Toys.
      Reply #1: Apr 19, 2011 07:36:20 pm
      Ooohhh Ive got an attic full of em. Got my vintage star wars stuff...which is my pride and joy as well as all my commodore and atari computers.

The good thing is that the toys still work...electronics etc on the star wars ships and all my computers still work. Contrast that to the rubbish Micro$oft and Sony churn out these days with their failstations and zboxes...if they last 6 months you are a lucky lucky person !! They dont make like they used to !!!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #2: Apr 20, 2011 05:40:39 am
      Dig some of them out over the bank hols could be a good laugh,if it's nice as they say it's gonna be water fights in the garden so I'll get the pump guns out and thats just me and the lads!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Apr 20, 2011 11:37:15 am
      Not so much Toys, but I do miss my board games.  Had all my childhood games stolen when I was burgled a couple of years back, including Bread: The Boardgame, which was superb.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Apr 20, 2011 11:39:29 am
      I play with toys all the time with my little fella, were often seen playing with the scalextrix or me transforming transformers :D
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #5: Apr 20, 2011 11:58:34 am
      I hav'nt got any Allan,but my 7 year old grandson was playing outside our house with his toys,when this old guy came to the door and asked if it was alright to give him "some cars".He gave him these (8) dinky toys (pristine and still in the boxes)saying he had about 300 of them.You can imagine I was gobsmacked.We've put them away for him as they will probably be worth a few quid when he's older.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #6: Apr 20, 2011 04:22:56 pm
      Cash in the Attic Joey!
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #7: Apr 20, 2011 06:24:59 pm
      My 3 years old niece came by today, so I had to pull out all the barbie dolls, all the stuffed animals, some make up, but she was into these things for about 15 minutes, that is till she saw the computer. She immediately ran to it and asked me to log on facebook, and I repeat she is 3 years old (she cant even talk properly!!), so she found her mom's profile (my cousin) and she started showing me pics from her birthday party, doing everything by her self. Than she turned it off and she went on google to find this game she plays and she had remembered the letters (the word) she needs to type to find it. The whole time my jaw was on the floor. Couldn't believe it. So yeah for 15 minutes today I was playing with my old toys.

Anyway, bit off topic but just wanted to say that kids nowadays are not what we used to be (and I am only 24  :f_doh:)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #8: Apr 20, 2011 06:36:31 pm
      I have a massive trainset (albeit in loads of boxes) in the garage that I always get urges to restore to its former glory.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #9: Jun 26, 2011 03:21:43 pm
      Playing with toy diecast cars that's just about what my mum and dad could afford to buy for me back in the 70s and I'm still collecting it till today and preserving and storing it away safely and occasionally took it out to enjoy it. Would glad to know fans that share the same passion. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Jun 26, 2011 03:25:36 pm
      I had to do a double take on that subject header then  :lmao: :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Jun 26, 2011 06:05:14 pm
      I had to do a double take on that subject header then  :lmao: :lmao:

I bet you did...

The answer is yes.

Just different ones
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12: Jun 26, 2011 06:41:09 pm
      I play with toys all the time with my little fella, were often seen playing with the scalextrix or me transforming transformers :D

Loved Scalextrix. Always tried to run them as long as possible to see how hot (or burnt) the underside of the cars could get...and then you'd try pressing it against your face or palm of your hand...or even your tongue!

Although the smell of burning rubber often left you a bit unsettled while racing them!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Jun 26, 2011 10:30:31 pm
      I bet you did...

The answer is yes.

Just different ones

;)   :lmao:  Yes !!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: Jun 26, 2011 10:59:05 pm

Put down the rabbit and step away from the laptop. ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Jun 27, 2011 12:31:52 am
      Put down the rabbit and step away from the laptop. ;)

pmsl   :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #16: Jul 02, 2011 03:24:02 am
      I have a massive trainset (albeit in loads of boxes) in the garage that I always get urges to restore to its former glory.

Used to have a trainset set up in our loft, including stuff passed on by my dad and uncles.

Still got loads of toys stashed away including transformers, star wars, A-team, He-man and thundercats.

Loved my board games too - Blockbusters, Question Of Sport, Monopoly, connect 4, Some footie board game similar to monopoly but with Emlyn Hughes on the front.

Quick Reply