Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 3: Post Match Inquest

Read 52744 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 3: Post Match Inquest
      Reply #253: Apr 09, 2009 05:35:57 pm
      You know what, I almost hope Chelsea score first at the Bridge just to make it even more impressive when we knock them out.

cant f**king wait for it.

last season's semis should prove the doubters,that we can score at the bridge and walk away as victors.

we will win.

chelsea have been lured into a false sense of security.

red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #254: Apr 09, 2009 05:37:09 pm
       :ernaehrung004: Remember one thing guys we are the mighty reds fans , and it aint over till the fat lady sings . we will do justice . y.w.n.w.a
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2009 05:37:48 pm by JD »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,142 posts | 3383 
      Reply #255: Apr 09, 2009 05:38:37 pm
      We score 3 goals at the Bridge.

Hope that helps.

Whilst not conceeding, which is where I think we will fail personally. I think we're good enough to score a few at Chelsea, providing our players turn up but if Drogba is on form then I think we're likely to conceed as well because he has terrorised the Liverpool back four on numerous occassions, worst case was probably when he played for Marsielle.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #256: Apr 09, 2009 05:45:27 pm
      News update from Mr. T

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #257: Apr 09, 2009 05:45:43 pm
      mascherano is the key holder for this match.

he is our first line of defence and will snuff the danger out.agger has to play some part with his ariel threat as sammy.

one thing about this club is that it never knows when it's beaten.and we are at our most dangerous chasing.chelsea be aware for you are about the get fu**ed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #258: Apr 09, 2009 05:48:12 pm
      their is an old ancient chinese saying " a man who goes to bed with a itchy arse,wakes up with smelly fingers"

chelsea you have won f**k all yet.

sweet dreams.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #259: Apr 09, 2009 05:50:28 pm
      "we aint scared of you suckers"

great pic jd.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #260: Apr 09, 2009 05:53:28 pm
      :ernaehrung004: Remember one thing guys we are the mighty reds fans , and it aint over till the fat lady sings . we will do justice . y.w.n.w.a

:lmao:
      I am praying that you are right.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #261: Apr 09, 2009 05:59:36 pm
      :lmao:
      I am praying that you are right.
        Yes mate we have proven in the past we can turn games around , remember we are the kings of come backs and it aint gonna be any different with chelsea .
      shaggy1988
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #262: Apr 09, 2009 06:08:27 pm
      Liverpool will beat chelsea and we will go through providing we dont play babel,dossena or lucas!babel=cant control a ball,when hes running with it he doesnt have a clue what he's doing then he loses it!Lucas=loses possesion far too often,doesnt get any goals,and concedes far to many fouls.Dossena=shouldn't even wear a liverpool shirt!If we need back up players for our starting 11,why not play jay spearing instead of lucas,insua instead of dossena and nemeth instead of babel!im sick of liverpool fans sayin that babel,dossena and lucas are good,they are clearly not good and if u believe that then ur just anther deluded fan!!

What an argument to have tho about what we want to win,the prem?or the champs league?we could be at the bottom of the league battling to stay up!!WE ARE THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL AND WE WILL FIGHT ALL THE WAY AND WE WILL WIN SOMETHING THIS YEAR IF NOT BOTH!!FACT!

kingkennyb
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #263: Apr 09, 2009 06:10:19 pm
      Well said. True Liverpool fans have this thought written all over my mind. But hey, there's 90 minutes more to play for no? Well, it wont be easy for us to brush this loss off, especially after one of our heaviest defeats against our arch rivals. I wouldnt have worn my Liverpool shirt today though, but I will wear it when we beat them 3-0 at the bridge!

The problem with last night is that panic set in and when that happens it all goes pearshaped. We were badly rattled by their first goal and tried pushing on too much. We should have been calmer and just bided our time. 1-3 is a bad result in a home leg and is rarely overturned. It will take real bottle and character to come back into it. I would not be inclined to go all gung ho at their place. If we went in at the break 1 up I would be happy with that. We would need  a second around 65-70 minutes and then it would be game on for the last 20 minutes. I personally think that Hiddink will have them set up to play exactly the way they played last night. Rafa just needs to review the match carefully and see where inroads can be made. There is always a way back but if Istanbul taught us anything it is that the passing must be accurate and calmly paced. We must settle in to a smooth rythm which means not playing at a 100 mile an hour. The Fulham match would be an example were we showed great patience and kept playing right up to the end without lumping balls in to the box in the vain hope that someone might get something on it. Nice smooth and careful playful will give us a chance. The 100 mile an hour routine will kill foreign teams but not top four premiership. The fact is we tried it on with them last night and they were able to take it. They are not Real Madrid. They know the score and have the fitness to keep up. If anything a more open game suited them down to the ground. We need to more cute at their place and slow it down. We need to make every pass count.                 
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2009 06:15:07 pm by ayrton77, Reason: The quote should come before the response, not after »
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #264: Apr 09, 2009 06:10:36 pm
      I dont think anyone is saying it cant be done but the odds are very much stacked against us. I know it only took 6 minutes in Istanbul to score 3 goals but how many times does that happen. Like Istanbul at half time I just wanted to salvage some pride and at least score a goal and I feel the same way now I just want them to perform as I know they can and lets see were it gets us but I am certainly not writing us off and never will.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #265: Apr 09, 2009 06:38:20 pm
      okay lets put this into perspective we had been on one big roll. we played a team with the best defensive record in the EPL. Against a manager many consider the worlds best. he figured shut down gerrad and chelsea will win. well that seemed to have a negative effect on all the other players. well it worked but liverpool have come back before. its time for the players to step up to the plate and take it to the next level the next game. you see the baseball scores on a double header and some of the scores are 14-1` the next game 8-6 to the first losing team. anything can happen in soccer right
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #266: Apr 09, 2009 06:42:47 pm
      anything can happen in soccer right

Yep, football certainly is a funny old game. ;)
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #267: Apr 09, 2009 06:44:33 pm
      I don't belive anymore .... :S:S:S:S:S
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #268: Apr 09, 2009 06:46:19 pm

Should probably get rid of that text "This is our year" from under your avatar then.

Don't forget to replace it when we win on Saturday though.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #269: Apr 09, 2009 07:04:16 pm

fickle [fik-uhl]
      –adjective
      1.    likely to change, esp. due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable: fickle weather.
      2.    not constant or loyal in affections: a fickle lover.
      3.    Goldton.
      http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fickle

Enough said.
      clarey33
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #270: Apr 09, 2009 07:54:27 pm
      Really disappointed with the game and the players, no chance next week so thats it!
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #271: Apr 09, 2009 08:22:08 pm
      We were beaten by the better team last night.  Even the Chelsea players looked shocked how good they were.

That was one game, doesn't mean that they will continue. 

I think we will at Stamford Bridge, but whether it is enough to go through I sure hope so.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #272: Apr 09, 2009 08:35:08 pm
      Every player in our side has potential to play at the highest level as shown in the past , so please please guys dont  even think of even writing one of them of . At this stage of the season we need to offer our 150% support to them , its crucial and logical that we cannot replace any of them now so lets stand by our red men till the end , we are the mighty reds and we will never back down , let there be hope in your hearts and soul and hold your heads up high cos y.w.n.w.a .
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #273: Apr 09, 2009 09:20:40 pm
      F**k! Off! Chelsea FC!
      You aint got no history!
      5 European Cups...18 Leagues!
      That's what we call history!!!

I've enjoyed singing that to myself all day. Stopped me sulking this morning and got the game out of my system a good bit.

I'm moving on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #274: Apr 09, 2009 09:31:45 pm
      F**k! Off! Chelsea FC!
      You aint got no history!
      5 European Cups...18 Leagues!
      That's what we call history!!!

I've enjoyed singing that to myself all day. Stopped me sulking this morning and got the game out of my system a good bit.

I'm moving on.

Soon will be able to sing

F**k Off Chelsea FC!
      Cant Even Keep A 3-1 Lead!
      ........................ ...............
      ........................ ...............

I am no good at coming up with chants and songs etc so you can just fill in the blanks with what ever you want. (within reason obviously as I don't want to see anything about apples after my potential musical award winning start)

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #275: Apr 09, 2009 10:31:11 pm
      We simply weren't good enough on the night ...but i really do believe the next leg will be like a red tide washing over chelski, our players last night will be ashamed of the way they performed so they will want to make amends ,we need to win 3-0 don't we ? so we have absolutely nothing to lose by forcing the pace and sticking it to them in their own backyard ,and to be honest chelski was probably the hardest game we could have had . The Reds are still in it !!! believe !! ynwa

Quick Reply