Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Liverpool FC vs Blackburn Rovers (Pre-match Thread)

Read 15704 times
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Re: Liverpool FC vs Blackburn Rovers (Pre-match Thread)
      Reply #23: Apr 10, 2009 02:28:00 am
      1 nil will do. we need to win to keep on the pressure
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #24: Apr 10, 2009 02:41:48 am
      1-0 in the 95 minute will do, we need to win the 3 points no matter how.     
      But if we score 4 or more will be perfect, the goals will be very important at the end of the championship, and to gain confidence for the game against chelski.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 10, 2009 02:43:56 am
      lets get a goal or 2, killed the game on then think about the chelsea game.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #26: Apr 10, 2009 08:44:51 am
      Ahead of their clash with Liverpool, Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has laid into Reds boss Rafa Benitez by saying he loves "whingeing and moaning". (Various)
      from the BBC gossip coloumn

WTF :f_steam:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Apr 10, 2009 08:59:17 am
      from the BBC gossip coloumn

WTF :f_steam:
      What is that saying about the kettle calling the pot black.Mind  you I suppose Allardyce is entitled to criticise RAFA after all you must compare all the trophies he has won.Oh that's right he has won F,All and with a bit of luck could get the drop this season.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #28: Apr 10, 2009 09:21:07 am
      This has got to be a must win game, no question about it. Its time to forget about the Chelsea game and get out ass fired up. Without a shadow of a doubt this is gonna be a crucial point of our season and if we fall, we must stand up immediately. Against Rovers we need to show them our intend, we need to get the ball moving as quickly as possible. Brought back down to earth by the rent boys but by no means out, down and beaten.

Dont care how, i'll just take a win. It puts big pressure on the lads to score 5-0 IMO, and with the midweek loss its gonna be a shattered morale. But we've got to set the record straight, show the others that we're no pushovers, score goal and win it. Simple.
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #29: Apr 10, 2009 11:24:52 am
      Jamie Carragher claims this weekend's clash with Blackburn Rovers is the biggest Premier League game of his career.
      Liverpool could go two points clear on Saturday lunchtime ahead of Manchester United's visit to the Stadium of Light at 3pm.

It is the first time since 2002 that Carragher has still been involved in the title race at this stage.

Back then, Liverpool stayed on the tail of Arsenal until defeat against Tottenham on April 27.

Carragher knows victory over Sam Allardyce's men is vital if the charge is to last even longer this time around.

"I'm not just saying this because of what happened against Chelsea the other night but the league has always been the priority for everyone at the club," said the 31-year-old.

"In the 13 years I have been involved in the first team this will be the biggest league game I've played in – it really is that important.

"If we win we can go top of the league with just six games to go and if someone would have told us that we would be in this position when the season started we would have all been delighted.

"This is a massive chance for everyone at the club and I'm sure the fans will create a great atmosphere because they know what is at stake."

Chelsea's victory in the Champions League on Wednesday was the first time the Reds have been beaten by a fellow member of the big four this season.

Carragher added: "Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say that the other team played well on the night, and this is one of those occasions.

"But it's important to remember that we've now played them and Man United five times this season and we've won four of those games.

"That's a record we can be proud of even though we are obviously disappointed about what happened the other night.

"We've played more than 40 games in the Premier League and the Champions League – the two biggest competitions – and we've only lost three times. One of the most important things is that when we have lost we've tended to respond in the right way by going on good runs.

"That's what we'll be looking to do again and no-one should be too downhearted about what happened against Chelsea because they are a good side who did well on the night. We've still got a hell of a lot to play for.

"The incentive is there for us to go back on top of the league. It may only be for a few hours until United play but you never know, it could even be for longer than that.

"That's how big this game is and that's why I honestly believe it's the biggest we've had in the league since I've been at the club - and maybe for even longer than that."

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6974 
      Reply #30: Apr 10, 2009 11:25:24 am
      Far more important than the mid-week game against Chelsea this.

Although no doubt Anfield won't reflect that fact on Saturday.

Pleased that Blackburn have come out and started talking the talk about how they are going to expose our weaknesses.  I expect us to rip Sam's boys apart.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 10, 2009 11:33:54 am
      I`ll be at Anfield cheering the Reds on to victory.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #32: Apr 10, 2009 11:39:51 am
      Well, i was looking forward to watching the match, to get wednesday out of my system but turns out i have a commitment that i can't get out of it so looks like i could be missin the match :( hate when that happens!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #33: Apr 10, 2009 12:27:54 pm
      Its a good test for us and we all know Fat Sam is one of fergies bitches so I dont listen to him. What a boost to moral if we could win convincingly but I would take 1-0 and go back top of the league.The crowd will have to play their part.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #34: Apr 10, 2009 01:45:46 pm
      I bet every member on this forum a quid we don't beat Blackburn tomorrow.
      Babel-Torres-Gerrard
      • Forum David Johnson

• 230 posts |
      Reply #35: Apr 10, 2009 01:55:58 pm
      I would go for -  Reina, Arbeloa, Insua, Carragher, Agger, Alonso, Mascherano, Benayoun, Babel, Gerrard, Torres.  Subs: Cavelieri, Skrtel, Hyypia, Dossena, Aurelio, Kuyt, Lucas, N'gog.
      Babel-Torres-Gerrard
      • Forum David Johnson

• 230 posts |
      Reply #36: Apr 10, 2009 01:56:34 pm
      I bet every member on this forum a quid we don't beat Blackburn tomorrow.

That is fantastic optimisim, that
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #37: Apr 10, 2009 01:58:12 pm

Pre match ritual on the forum for me now. It's been working ever since I bet everyone the day before the United game at Old Trafford. I bet everyone we wouldn't get a penalty.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #38: Apr 10, 2009 01:59:29 pm
      Far more important than the mid-week game against Chelsea this.

Although no doubt Anfield won't reflect that fact on Saturday.

Pleased that Blackburn have come out and started talking the talk about how they are going to expose our weaknesses.  I expect us to rip Sam's boys apart.

I'll give my best. Although I'm only the third row up in the corner of the main stand so I don't think many will be joining in.
      Cellieh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 10, 2009 02:25:12 pm
      The rovers.... MH.
      I think, we win it, and we were 1st for a few hours. :D
      3:1 and many hopes, that ManUtd lose in sunderland!
      skrtelivision
      • Skrtelivision
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 10, 2009 03:01:55 pm
      I just hope we get three points im confident we can go out and get a win. I just hope thinking about the champions league will affect the way we perform.

btw is Gerrard injured for this game?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41: Apr 10, 2009 03:12:37 pm
      He has been named in the squad to face Blackburn, I dont think he will start.
      zzlamezz123
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 10, 2009 03:38:45 pm
      A must win game! If we lose this one...we are as good as out of the league title race...unless a miracle happens ;D
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #43: Apr 10, 2009 06:02:36 pm
      Wont be surprise if Rafa comes out with  Agger-Hyypia combination and Benny in the 1st 11.

johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #44: Apr 10, 2009 06:07:21 pm
      If we loose given weds result it could be game over for the season if we win and Utd drop points its HELLO we can do this. I think Rafa understands this and Stevie will play if at all possible.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #45: Apr 10, 2009 09:25:46 pm
      The best line up

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Hyypia Insua

Kuyt Alonso Mascherano Riera

Benayoun

Torres

Gerrard sprained an abductor muscle. Rest him. Play Babel as a sub for Riera.

Basically asking for too much. But I think Agger will make an excellent LB too.

Quick Reply