Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Halfy Half Scarves

Read 74508 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Halfy Half Scarves
      Reply #161: Feb 07, 2010 04:13:35 pm
      *sigh* tut tut Timmy, you really do let us Irish down.  Every other post from you is about Celtic...this is a Liverpool forum don't you know? ;)

Nice one matt.......i'm reading you loud and clear.  ;D   ;)

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #162: Feb 07, 2010 04:16:12 pm
      Ive still got my halfyhalfy liverpool rangers hat somewhere.
      I once wore a rangers hat to an away match and was pulled up by a copper for it, tw*t he said did I steal it off somebody, I nearly knocked the yorkshire pudding out.
      If you follow Rangers as well that's fine, but I think only Liverpool stuff should be worn to Liverpool games. Anyway Celtic are better ;D. :laughing-smiley-014: Just messing.
      « Last Edit: Feb 07, 2010 04:21:56 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #163: Feb 07, 2010 04:35:19 pm
      Ive still got my halfyhalfy liverpool rangers hat somewhere.
      I once wore a rangers hat to an away match and was pulled up by a copper for it, tw*t he said did i steal it off somebody, i nearly knocked the yorkshire pudding out.

I had me one of them too robby. Not so much that i had any affinity with Rangers but more so the fact that, certainly, when i went to matches (and before  ;) ) Celtic colours were way more likely to have been seen round Goodison than Anfield. The older members on here will bear witness to that and explain why.

The bitters were the team that had a long standing "affinity" with Celtic and vice versa - my how times have changed.

Back on subject.......Halfy Half scarves are for numpties.  >:D

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #164: Feb 07, 2010 05:09:09 pm
      To right BadBoy, Only Fully full scarfs, to be allowed on match day. :laugh:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #165: Feb 07, 2010 05:52:15 pm
      Can someone tell me what a "beaut" is? Ive been out of the loop for some time now...

Beaut is an adjective for the following words - tw*t, w**ker, Arsehole, c**t, Fuckwit, Fuckshot, sh*t Stabber, Nonce, Numpty, Bellend, Dickhead and many other  derogatory terms for people with little or no intelligence.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #166: Feb 08, 2010 11:51:43 am
      I had me one of them too robby. Not so much that I had any affinity with Rangers but more so the fact that, certainly, when I went to matches (and before  ;) ) Celtic colours were way more likely to have been seen round Goodison than Anfield. The older members on here will bear witness to that and explain why.

The bitters were the team that had a long standing "affinity" with Celtic and vice versa - my how times have changed.

Back on subject.......Halfy Half scarves are for numpties.  >:D

I might be wrong here but wasnt Everton the original club for older Irish people going over to support something to do with Cath/Prot
      divide. I might be wrong but one of my mates dad is an Evertonian and he tries to wind me up about supporting a Protestant club whenever I see him
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #167: Feb 08, 2010 12:09:44 pm
      Should be banned , all Stocks of the damn things should be put in a skip and set on fire or given to the old folk to keep warm during this cold spell then when it gets a bit warmer go round collect them then burn the b***ard things , its the only solution for them , ha ha
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #168: Feb 08, 2010 12:15:08 pm
      I take an Istanbul one as a good luck charm, never taken one with another English team on half of it however. It should be all red. ;)
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #169: Feb 08, 2010 02:02:50 pm
      Anyone who wears a Half-Half scarve with ANY other name on needs shooting.....unless its a European Game (against a European Team)....

I've got several Halfy scarves on my wall at home and on base, but thats where they stay...

For me its a full scarf with 'LIVERPOOL FC' on one side and 'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE' on the other
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2010 10:33:48 am by SpionKop88 »
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #170: Feb 09, 2010 02:58:37 am
      Starting to see these knocking round a bit too often now for my liking.

Fair enough - Real Madrid etc debatable as a souvenir but

The number of beauts in the Kop, and I imagine everywhere else in the ground with Half Liverpool/Chelsea scarves on was embarrassing.  Why would anybody wear a scarf with Chelsea colours and badge on? I haven't seen them but I also believe there were some Liverpool/United scarves knocking round the other week.

If you had one of them on last night then you are a bellend.

The only half and half scarves I expect to see inside the grounds are the ones that say 'Liver' on one half and 'Pool' on the other.

Sounds like a great idea. You can keep the liverpool half for great memory's. Then burn the other half for fun. Not that i would condone such behaviour. Just an idea like.  :angel:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #171: Feb 12, 2010 08:34:36 am
      I might be wrong here but wasnt Everton the original club for older Irish people going over to support something to do with Cath/Prot
      divide. I might be wrong but one of my mates dad is an Evertonian and he tries to wind me up about supporting a Protestant club whenever I see him
      Religion should not even be an issue. We are all brothers  on the KOP.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #172: Feb 12, 2010 08:39:28 am
      Religion should not even be an issue. We are all brothers  on the KOP.

Is right! We're not Glasgow.

(No disrespect to Glasgow-ians, but you know what i mean)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #173: Feb 12, 2010 10:31:20 am
      It's Glaswegians mate ;)

I prefer it with the 'gow' bit though.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #174: Feb 12, 2010 12:09:26 pm
      Halfy half scarves and non Liverpool related flags are embarrassing. Hate seeing my national flag in the Kop. Its nothing to do with Liverpool
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #175: Feb 13, 2010 11:10:19 am
      Halfy half scarves and non Liverpool related flags are embarrassing. Hate seeing my national flag in the Kop. Its nothing to do with Liverpool
      What about Irish, N.Irish, Norwegian and other country flags. I think it shows how world wide our support is.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #176: Feb 13, 2010 11:17:52 am
      That's strange. I live in Ireland and have only ever met one Everton fan, and even then he only half followed them.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #177: Feb 13, 2010 11:48:02 am
      What about Irish, N.Irish, Norwegian and other country flags. I think it shows how world wide our support is.

What has any national flag got to do with LFC? Are you bringing it so say look at me Ive travelled from Ireland Norway etc? Would you bring a Liverpool flag to an Ireland match and if not why not if your more then happy to bring an Irish one to a Liverpool game?!
      That's strange. I live in Ireland and have only ever met one Everton fan, and even then he only half followed them.

Id say theyre 3rd or 4th most followed team in the country (Ireland)
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2010 02:30:02 pm by Brian78 »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #178: Feb 13, 2010 11:53:47 am

I'm only guessing here but it might just be that you are young Orchard. Facts are facts O.R., they may not suit an awful lot of people but they remain true.

The supporting of a team because of a religious divide was very prevalent in the cities of; Liverpool (Liverpool - Everton), Manchester (City - Scum) Glasgow (Rangers - Celtic) and Edinburgh (Hearts - Hibs). Thankfully that 'need' has diminished in all but Scotland and Ireland.

I'm a Red 'til I die and i have no truck for either Rangers or Celtic. People may try to come up with some lame-assed excuse but.....We all know the real reasons why people (young and old) in Ireland follow one or the other. Clue it ain't about the football.  ;)

Peace kid.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #179: Feb 13, 2010 12:04:40 pm
      Were gone off track here. The topic is about scaves that are half covered in opposition colours
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #180: Feb 22, 2010 09:32:58 pm
      Anyone who wears a Half-Half scarve with ANY other name on needs shooting.....unless its a European Game (against a European Team)....

I've got several Halfy scarves on my wall at home and on base, but thats where they stay...

For me its a full scarf with 'LIVERPOOL FC' on one side and 'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE' on the other

What about a YANK$ OUT scarf.. acceptable? :)
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #181: Feb 22, 2010 09:35:20 pm
      What about a YANK$ OUT scarf.. acceptable? :)

When I see/make one ill let you know ;D

but i prefer the banner....more visible IMO ;D ;D ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #182: Feb 22, 2010 09:43:41 pm
      When I see/make one ill let you know ;D

but I prefer the banner....more visible IMO ;D ;D ;D

I bought one down in the city centre today ;) £6 it was...

Shall bring it with me if I get tickets to the Sunderland game :)
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #183: Feb 22, 2010 10:05:43 pm
      I bought one down in the city centre today ;) £6 it was...

Shall bring it with me if I get tickets to the Sunderland game :)

Where did you get it i want one :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Quick Reply