Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Halfy Half Scarves

Read 74052 times
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Re: Halfy Half Scarves
      Reply #322: Apr 29, 2014 04:30:38 pm
      Could not believe how many there were on Sunday. WHY would anyone buy one. Absolute disgrace, they shouldn't be aloud in the ground. Can't understand why anyone would want another teams name on there scarf, just can't get my head round it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #323: Apr 29, 2014 04:35:34 pm
      Fixed:

But I know, it's the principal of the matter. It's ridiculous that people buy them, let alone wave them about on the Kop.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #324: Apr 29, 2014 07:46:15 pm
      Christ almighty.

A child you might forgive but an adult!!! Half halfs maybe with a European side MAYBE. But not with a league rival certainly not with vermin like Chelsea.

And then to see it on the Kop ah no have a word with yourself whoever you are
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #325: Apr 29, 2014 08:03:31 pm
      I couldn't believe the amount of eejits wearing jester hats and half halfs  down on the Anny road before the bus arrived . They seriously need to be told how F***ing stupid looking they are .
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #326: Apr 29, 2014 09:35:34 pm
      Only one i ever had was L'pool/Celtic one after Parkhead game.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #327: Apr 30, 2014 05:48:05 am
      i have a liverpool / cardiff one from the league cup final because that final was special to me. wouldn't wear a half half to a game though, probably... maybe if we played celtic..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #328: Apr 30, 2014 01:05:04 pm
      I couldn't believe the amount of eejits wearing jester hats and half halfs  down on the Anny road before the bus arrived .

I was even contemplating cutting the fella some slack if it was say from the 2005 or 2007 semi - that maybe he'd bought after the game - but no, it clearly said 27th April 2014.

i have a liverpool / cardiff one from the league cup final because that final was special to me. wouldn't wear a half half to a game though, probably... maybe if we played celtic..

Nothing wrong with getting half-halfs to celebrate big events.  If we had beaten Chelsea 5-0 on Sunday and it had practically cemented a title win I may have bought one after the game and been twirling it around my garden!

Maybe I'm just an old fart but I don't think I'll ever grasp the logic of an adult man, in amongst the most passionate part of the Kop, holding up a half-half for the 36th game of the season emblazoned with the name and badge of a club we can't stand.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #329: Apr 30, 2014 03:48:14 pm
      Never had one.

Wouldn't want one.

Bit schizo really.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #330: Apr 30, 2014 04:09:08 pm
      Never had one.

Wouldn't want one.

Bit schizo really.

;D agree totally.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #331: Apr 30, 2014 06:33:06 pm
      The only one I ever wanted was a Liverpool/Wycombe one from the 2001 FA semi. I go and see Wycombe sometimes as I can't afford to get up to Anfield (yeah, cue the "not a proper fan" stuff) and it would have been grand.

Never found one though.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #333: May 03, 2014 10:37:56 am
      I would say its ok to have a Half LIVERPOOL half local team scarf, to walk around in, but only Liverpool scarves should only ever been seen in Anfield!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #334: Sep 28, 2014 03:14:57 pm

I think yesterday set new records for half and half scarves.  I've never seen so many at a Liverpool game - Liverpool fans wearing scarves with Everton on.  Couldn't believe it.  Fella in front of me, who was the size of two of me, even had a go at a couple of people.

Couldn't believe it.  Either there is a growing number of fans who are getting them for every game, or, more worryingly, there were an awful lot of people who don't normally go who managed to get hold of tickets for the derby - which considering the 'credit' limitations suggests that there is a serious resale problem with LFC tickets.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #335: Sep 28, 2014 03:27:20 pm

I think yesterday set new records for half and half scarves.  I've never seen so many at a Liverpool game - Liverpool fans wearing scarves with Everton on.  Couldn't believe it.  Fella in front of me, who was the size of two of me, even had a go at a couple of people.

Couldn't believe it.  Either there is a growing number of fans who are getting them for every game, or, more worryingly, there were an awful lot of people who don't normally go who managed to get hold of tickets for the derby - which considering the 'credit' limitations suggests that there is a serious resale problem with LFC tickets.

The kop was F***ing full of them, including the couple of asian looking tourists who were getting photographed holding them the bottom of 108 - would F***ing love to know how they got the credits, definitely looked like their first ever game!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #336: Sep 28, 2014 03:30:11 pm
      Awful things, never had one never want one. And in all honestly don't know why you'd choose one over a full team scarf.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #337: Sep 28, 2014 03:33:12 pm
      Awful things, never had one never want one. And in all honestly don't know why you'd choose one over a full team scarf.

Because half the pricks that are buying them are buying them as a souvenir to show off to family and friends, to say look I went the match and this is the team they were playing.

cu*ts all of them!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #338: Sep 28, 2014 03:58:34 pm
      definitely looked like their first ever game!

Bizarre.  Really odd that a game that required so many credits seems to enable so many to come for one of their only/first games of the season.  Would love to know the trail behind those tickets too!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #339: Sep 28, 2014 04:01:55 pm
      Bizarre.  Really odd that a game that required so many credits seems to enable so many to come for one of their only/first games of the season.  Would love to know the trail behind those tickets too!

Hahaha proper stereotypical asians as well, really long lenses!!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #340: Sep 28, 2014 04:12:38 pm
      Fair summing up mate.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #341: Sep 28, 2014 04:23:33 pm
      The Day Trippers have taken over. Just what FSG want - money flowing in through merchandise sales. Little wonder Anfield is so muted on matchday. They're all a bunch of "Look at me's" just there for a photo opportunity.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #342: Sep 28, 2014 04:58:17 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #343: Sep 28, 2014 05:07:21 pm
      open the gates 3 hours before kick off and make the Kop pay at the gate and see what happens then.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #344: Sep 28, 2014 05:26:29 pm
      open the gates 3 hours before kick off and make the Kop pay at the gate and see what happens then.

Don't think we'll ever go back to paying on the gate Walton and totally agree with Fowler that I hate them, if anyone wants to remember who it was they played surely it's cheaper to buy a program than a halfy scarf?

Quick Reply