Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Unseen goals

Read 2479 times
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Unseen goals
      Apr 09, 2009 07:29:18 pm
      Anyone ever seen a great goal but it was never shown on telly, or you have never managed to see it since the game. The one goal i would love to see is David Faircloughs in the seventies, against the scum at the traffarm. We won 3-0 and he scored the last. It might have been Boxing Day. I was in the scoreboard paddock with 3 mates and we were attacked every time liverpool scored cos one of the lads could not keep still. After the third we were beaten all the way down to the Stretford end. (The length of the pitch) No problem, we loved it. Won't say which one of our lads had scum scarf on. It was meant for the back window of the car so it never got smashed up.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Re: Unseen goals
      Reply #1: Apr 09, 2009 07:57:23 pm
      I am feeling a bit embarassed here. Not one person has replied to this topic, so I am. I believe, because of my age; 53, I must be the only one who went the game when it was black and white. You young uns can see any goal nowadays. Ah well, one reply isn't bad for first topic.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #2: Apr 09, 2009 08:00:18 pm
      You would think Arsene Wenger might be interested in this topic.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #3: Apr 09, 2009 08:40:33 pm
      Allow me to interject.

One of the goals I would like to see that I have actually ever seen again on tele, was the first goal I ever saw scored at Anfield.

Sammy Lee's header against Dinamo Bucharest at Anfield, in front of the Anny Road - 83/84 season.

Apart from that, how about the Molby goal against United away that he keeps threatening on showing, seeing as he has the only known video tape of it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Apr 09, 2009 09:59:15 pm
      Good thread this.

I would love to see the goals from my first game at Anfield. That's pretty obvious and I reckon it would be the same for everyone. But I've always wondered for years what it would be like to see those goals go in again as I've never seen them since that match. Against the rent boys in 85 and we won 4-3. Whelan got one, Nicol scored 2 and Rush scored 1..... ;) Remember Rush's goal being an absolute gem!

But another one would be when we played QPR in 86 - McMahon got two, Rush scored 1.....  ;) And I think Wark got the other. It was my older sisters first game so it holds happy memories from when we scored and seeing her going mad. Brilliant times.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #5: Apr 09, 2009 10:20:05 pm
      Funny you should mention your first game against Chelsea. That is one of two programmes I am missing from my collection. I have every home game from 64/5 up to 89/90. The other is the 0-2 against Arsenal when we blew the double. I was at Goodison that night for an amateur football presentation. Remember all of the bar staff going wild with delight when Thomas scored. Several people went home with cutlery in their head that night. Unfortunate but true
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Apr 10, 2009 12:03:15 am
      Nice thread.

I'd like to see the goals we scored against Wigan back in October when I visited Anfield for the first time.

Still haven't seen them as my friend back home forgot to record the match for me  >:(

Suppose I'll just have to wait for Liverpool Title winning DVD of 2008-2009 season, later on this year  ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Apr 10, 2009 09:22:15 am
       In 1956 we played Man City in the 5th round of the F.A.Cup at Anfield and Billy Liddell scored a cracker of a goal,the ref disallowed it as he said he had blown for full time as it was on its way into the net.There was a picture of the ref with his whistle in his mouth as the ball was in the back of the net and it was certainly in the Echo and other newspapers.As we did not have television in those days I do not think there is much chance of seeing the goal that was disallowed.There was talk after the match that the ref was in a hurry to catch a train.I hope this is not classed as off topic ,if it is I apologise but it was a goal that was seen by all the crowd but not seen by the ref.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2009 10:23:16 am by Billy1 »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: Apr 10, 2009 10:31:43 am
      Nice thread.

I'd like to see the goals we scored against Wigan back in October when I visited Anfield for the first time.

Still haven't seen them as my friend back home forgot to record the match for me  >:(

Suppose I'll just have to wait for Liverpool Title winning DVD of 2008-2009 season, later on this year  ;)

Have you not tried Youtube?
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 10, 2009 08:45:34 pm
      I remember Rush completing a hat-trick against Villa around the 83-84 season with a volley that has always stuck in my mind. Molby scored one against the Scum in a league cup game Mid 80's Tv Engineer's were on strike. So have never seen it, was supposed to be one of the hardest shot's he ever hit
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #10: Apr 10, 2009 11:14:16 pm
      The first ever football game I went to see was Liverpool vs Arsenal. I can't remember what year it was but I dont think it was too long ago because im only 18 now and I think I was maybe 11/12 at the time (maybe younger) I was in the Kop and im pretty sure the score was 2 - 0 to us (premier league game).
      If anybody has a clue what year it was then I would love to know, because ive wanted to see highlights of it. Ive done searches but I cant find the year. Owen was playing for us and im pretty sure Freddie Ljungberg was playing for Arsenal because I remember my dad telling me we need to watch out for him, he's the biggest threat for Arsenal.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Apr 10, 2009 11:25:41 pm
      ^^^ Would it have been 28th August 1999?

We played Arsenal at Anfield and won 2-0 with goals by Robbie Fowler and Patrik Berger

Ljungberg and Owen both played as well.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #12: Apr 10, 2009 11:30:48 pm
      ^^^ Would it have been 28th August 1999?

We played Arsenal at Anfield and won 2-0 with goals by Robbie Fowler and Patrik Berger

Ljungberg and Owen both played as well.

Yeh thats it :D Thank you. I would have been a little 8 year old standing on the kop. That was the first time my dad took me with him to watch Liverpool. And now I try and go as often as I can :)
      Thank you MsGerrard :D:D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Apr 10, 2009 11:33:04 pm
      Yeh thats it :D Thank you. I would have been a little 8 year old standing on the kop. That was the first time my dad took me with him to watch Liverpool. And now I try and go as often as I can :)
      Thank you MsGerrard :D:D

Great stuff Alex..............Your first match is always special  ;D
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 10, 2009 11:44:26 pm
      So many goals I'd love to see again mainly from games under Dalglish. especially a few games from the last championship winning side and goals I would never of seen from the 1987-88 season.

To think that loads of our great football from the 70's & 80's might never of been recorded on camera is a shame.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Apr 18, 2009 11:12:23 pm

Good thinking, never even thought about it since I spend most of my time at work on here  ;D and the bas**rds banned youtube  :f_steam:. Will have a squiz at home...much prefer to see the whole game though.

Quick Reply