Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Liverpool 4 - 0 Blackburn - Post match celebration

Read 20551 times
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Re: Liverpool 4 - 0 Blackburn - Post match celebration
      Reply #92: Apr 13, 2009 03:07:51 am
      nice to see gerrard rested the full 90 minuts becuase we really need him to be fully fit for the game against chelsea and well done agger for that screamer of a goal
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #93: Apr 13, 2009 11:01:12 am
      It was a gamble when Gerrard was rested but certainly it did pay off. Rafa thought about the team and Gerrard's well being as well. I'm glad we didnt lose a couple of points there but still turned in a convincing win, because if we drew or lost then the media would have come in slating about Rafa's mistake. And he doesn't deserve it because what he does is for the good of the team.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #94: Apr 13, 2009 11:44:34 pm
      Wasn't much of a gamble, we have enough quality in the squad to come instead of him.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #95: Apr 14, 2009 07:21:16 am
      Another great win and fantastic goals by Torres and Agger.Torres goal must be up there with goals of the season.Blackburn were a walk over we didnt even have to step it up to second gear.Bring on Chelsea,Rome here we come ;)
      Melissa W
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #96: Apr 14, 2009 12:40:17 pm
      Firstly i have to give a huge apology for this post as it was not posted by me it was posted by my brother, i am appalled and horrified to see that he has posted this on here as my first post, I was at anfield on sat for the match and although I am not a huge fan of Lucas i thought he done quite well with his assist for goal number 4.
      Again HUGE apologies, I was mortified after coming home this morning after a great weekend in Liverpool to see this on here! NOW I'M OFF TO KICK SOME ASS!!!
      Lucas is an absolute joke, how
      can anybody mention him
      and LFC in the same sentence
      JUSTICE FOR THE 96
      Roland G
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #97: Apr 16, 2009 05:28:57 am
      The performance against Blackburn was top drawer. A few seasons ago, we would have struggled in this fixture. It looks like the lads finally understand their role in the team andwhat Rafa expects from them. These are the type of performances that should become routine and we'll confidently win the league time and again. More of the same lads.

Defending from set pieces and th final ball in the last third is a concern. Rafa will get it sorted though. I have confidence. Get that right and we'll be in another class while racking up the goals.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #98: Apr 17, 2009 12:37:03 pm
      Haven't seen a topic about this so thought id'd post it here. Has anyone see this nonsence allardyce is saying about rafa's gestures on skysports news? Aparently rafa in sam's opinion did some gestures indicating that he thought blackburn were out of it, something like a shrug of the shoulder. Nonsense if you ask me, rafa would never be so disrespectful!
      FP928
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #99: Apr 17, 2009 12:40:16 pm
      He was probably referring to the shrug Rafa did after Torres' header. (2nd goal.)

Don't think it had anything to do with Blackburn, though.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #100: Apr 17, 2009 12:42:34 pm
      Just saw this on SSN.  Apparantly Big Sam thought it was disrespectful of Rafa to celebrate Torres' second goal with a shrug of his shoulders as if it was too easy, which if you ask me it was ;D

Think Allardyce has been getting together with his mate fergie plotting how to undermine Rafa.  Totally ridiculous and just trying to take the spotlight off how sh*te his team were last weekend.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #101: Apr 17, 2009 12:45:38 pm
      Exactly! Just get over it! Rafa is probably laughing his head of at how ridiculous sam's being!
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #102: Apr 17, 2009 12:48:11 pm
      funny how fergie has got involved with it in his press conference!again trying to derail liverpools title challenge.
      Rafa has got under Ferguson's skin big time!
      why has big SAM waited this long to say anything about it?!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #103: Apr 17, 2009 12:56:19 pm
      Maybe Sam thinks he is next in line for the UTD job. He will have to remove Moyes from fergies but cheeks first if he wants to get on Fergies goodside. Its funny how you take a dislike to some managers in the main those who seem to have had a big chip on their shoulders. I put Sam in with the likes of Warnock and Moyes they have had similar levels of success. I think he should look at his teams lack of resepect for him first and foremost its clear they dont rate him.

Quick Reply