Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Championship, League 1, League 2 Thread

Read 3938 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Championship, League 1, League 2 Thread
      Apr 11, 2009 05:09:15 pm
      I think Burnley will get promotion this year to the Prem,
      That will be another addition to our North West teams
      It seems to me that the NW rules the football world.
      how many teams from NW england now in the prem.
      I wanted Preston to go up, because they are another local side.
      It really saves on petrol and effort when going to those away matches.
      Although some towns are a joy to go to like York City.

Who else does everybody think will get promotion this year.
      Has anybody got joint loyalty with a team in the championship
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2009 10:52:49 am by robbyr »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Championship/League 1 Thread
      Reply #1: Apr 11, 2009 08:22:36 pm
      Hey! What about League 2 :D,

I'm not too bothered about the Championship, aslong as Warnocks team, never shows their face again, who ever they may me. Sorry Palace, but you choose poorly.

League One, Follow Crewe, Not too keen on Tranmere, only because some one in work supports them who I do not like,

And as for League Two, Chester I keep an eye on, but the way things are going not for long.

So Promotion Championship Wolves, Birmingham and Sheff United
      League One, Leicester, Peterborough,  MK Dons,
      League Two, Don't Know!
      Always l like to see the North West teams do well part from the usual suspects.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2009 08:47:57 pm by RedPuppy »
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #2: Apr 11, 2009 08:34:25 pm
      I´m From Barnsley and there playing badly in the championship, my wife is from Exeter there in the play off positions in league 2 after winning the blue square wembley play off last season !
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #3: Apr 11, 2009 09:52:11 pm
      Championship -
      Wolverhampton Wanderers, Birmingham City & Cardiff City to go up.
      Charlton Athletic, Southampton & Nottingham Forest to go down.

League 1 -
      Leicester City, Peterborough United & Leeds United to go up.
      Cheltenham Town, Hereford United, Brighton & Hove Albion & Crewe Alexandra to go down.

League 2 -
      Brentford, Wycombe Wanderers, Rochdale & Gillingham to go up.
      Luton Town & Chester City.

Blue Sq Premier -
      Burton Albion & Torquay United to go up.
      Lewes, Northwich Victoria, Weymouth & Woking to go down.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #4: Apr 12, 2009 02:00:17 am
      Sheff Utd are in the form of their lives at the mo and a win over Reading yesterday was vital. Kevin Blackwell has done brilliantly there and they haven't missed the sale of Beattie to Stoke as many thought they would.

Wolves are the best team outside of the Prem. But in my opinion will struggle in the top flight unless they change from being expansive to being solid.

Birmingham, Reading, Burnley and Cardiff will be the four play off teams I reckon, with Dave Jones' Cardiff coming up because they have goals galore in Chopra, McCormack and Bothroyd as well as really talented lads like Joe Ledley (possibly the best player outside the top flight) and Peter Whittingham along with a solid defence with Roger Johnson.

Birmingham are difficult to beat of late, but I just have a feeling the Blades will pip them to automatic. A very experinced side with the likes of Kev Phillips, Maik Taylor, Lee Carsley, Stephen Carr, Martin Taylor, Marcus Bent, Jaidi, Nigel Quashie, Lee Bowyer, Damien Johnson and Frank Quedrue. Experince and quality, very good combination.

Reading have great quality with Doyle, Kitson, the two Hunts and Shane Long. They have goals in them but are in a bad run of form at the moment. Not overly confident with their chances.

Burnley, have played many games this season but are starting to cement their place in the play offs and it'd be a huge achievement for Owen Coyle and his side after they sold their best player to Rangers in the summer - Kyle Lafferty. Robbie Blake has been outstanding for them this year, as has Caldwell at the back and Jensen in goal.

League 1? Well Leicester are pretty much up and I expect Peterborough to come up as runners up. I think it's a toss up between MK Dons and Millwall for the playoff. Tranmere and Leeds will probably be the other two in the playoff places.

League 2? Brentford, Wycombe and Bury are looking favourites at the moment. I'd have money on Rochdale to come up through the playoffs as well.

Conference? Burton are certain to come up and I fancy Kidderminister in the playoffs.

Going down;

Championship - Charlton, Southampton and Barnsley.
      League 1 - Cheltenham, Hereford, Carlisle and Northampton
      League 2 - Luton and Grimsby
      Conference - Northwich, Lewes, Woking and Weymouth
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #5: Apr 12, 2009 10:50:23 am
      I really hope Chester can beat the drop, Mark Wright is still in charge over there, he worked wonders in the past, ive got them as my fifa team i got promotion their number nine is good on it although a little slow.

Tranmere are on the verges of the playoffs again, they always seem to miss it by the odd positon, they drew again yesterday, it would be great to have 3 merseyside teams in the prem one day.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Championship, League 1, League 2 Thread
      Reply #6: Apr 12, 2009 11:12:42 am
      I really hope Chester can beat the drop, Mark Wright is still in charge over there, he worked wonders in the past, ive got them as my fifa team i got promotion their number nine is good on it although a little slow.

Tranmere are on the verges of the playoffs again, they always seem to miss it by the odd positon, they drew again yesterday, it would be great to have 3 merseyside teams in the prem one day.

Haha! yeah me too mate, Eccleston do you mean? Or is his name Lindfield, I think the tallest of the strikers is actually pretty good!
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #7: Apr 13, 2009 07:40:09 pm
      yes, he was very good for a div 2 player. l love doing that league thing.

Speaking of Chester ....oh no they lost 2-0 yesterday, rooneys brother scored for macclesfield town.
      Chester are in deep sh*t now but i think mark mark mark marky wright will get them out of it. After all he got them promotion once before. Preston back in a play off place somehow
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Reply #8: Apr 13, 2009 07:50:04 pm
      Chester won mate, they beat Accrington Stanley 1-0 and were out of the relegation zone for a short time until Grimsby beat Notts County 2-0 at Meadow Lane. This has meant Luton have been relegated, which I don't think is right since they were docked 30 points, just to turn that around is fantastic. It was the players or fans who were unable to run a football club so they shouldn't be punished but they have been.

And Preston aren't in the playoffs. Play offs currently look like this in the Championship.

3rd - Birmingham
      4th - Cardiff
      5th - Reading
      6th - Burnley
      -----------------------
      7th Swansea
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #9: Apr 13, 2009 10:38:48 pm
      I'm a Swansea City fan as well as a Red....we won't make the playoffs this year by the look of it but might be a good shout next year if Roberto Martinez stays as manager (if Rafa ever leaves Roberto could be a good replacement) and we can find one or two new players. Without a doubt the Swans play brilliant football. Trouble is we can never hope to stay up long with only a 20,000 seat stadium and being in rugby country, we can never generate enough revenue.

Cardiff may scrape through the playoffs to blight the Premier League with their hooligan fans (yeah, yeah, Swansea's mob are not angels either) and misery guts manager always moaning about everything. At least they will be out of "our" way then though. ;D

Apologies to Cardiff fans....I'm not really all that "anti" and used to go to Ninian Park quite a bit in my younger days, but it is just expected that a Jack disses your lot...it is inbred. Ninian Park used to be quite the place...I remember some big games...Everton in the FA Cup when they had Duncan McKenzie and I think the ground held about 47,000 in those days. Wolves also produced a big crowd not to mention riots in the streets! The Grangetown End was huge, like The Kop and the Popular Bank (I think that is what it was called) must have held over 20,000 on it's own. Mostly standing of course. I hear it is pretty small now, less than 20,000?

Anyhoo, mustn't ramble on any longer....sorry for going off on one there!
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #10: Apr 27, 2009 04:21:42 pm
      Come on Preston and Tranmere...so so near to getting in the playoffs.
      JamesNWA
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • LFC For Life
      Reply #11: May 02, 2009 10:22:36 pm
      I'm pleased Grimsby were saved from relegation but it's sad to see Chester and Luton going down into non-league.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: May 03, 2009 03:11:00 pm
      Birmingham are promoted back into the Premier League after their win against Reading.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: May 03, 2009 03:33:54 pm
      Norwich City down to League 1.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #14: May 03, 2009 03:40:10 pm
      Preston in the play-offs.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #15: May 03, 2009 03:52:23 pm
      Congrats Birmingham. After so long you got your ass up to the EPL, and other one to walkover I reckon.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: May 03, 2009 04:05:13 pm
      Cardiff shot themselves in the foot didnt they? Went down 6-0 to Preston just a couple weeks ago and now lose their spot to them in the play-offs. They'd be gutted.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #17: May 03, 2009 04:29:00 pm
      Noooooooooo... not Birmingham... I can't remember the last time we beat them other than that 7-0 win, ;D. I think we draw with them almost everytime in the league.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #18: May 03, 2009 04:32:39 pm
      I'm from Barnsley who just avoided relegation today, but on the play off front I'll bet Nicola is pissed off just losing out to preston on goals scored, and they conceded 6 to preston as well !
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #19: May 04, 2009 08:53:43 pm
      HArd luck Tranmere, afraid a last minute goal robbedf them of playoff place, the managers done wonders though,
      Well done PNE, about time we saw you back in the prem after what 50 odd years used to be one of the top NW sides in the top divison.
      john jones
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #20: May 04, 2009 09:12:34 pm
      Well done Posh keep this up and we will soon have two fergies to thrash.
      robbyr
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #21: May 13, 2009 08:21:29 pm
      Hard luck the North End, who were probably not quite ready to come up yet.
      gurnar
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #22: May 16, 2009 06:39:16 pm
      Well done Exeter they Deserve a bit of luck

Quick Reply