Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Owen making 'excellent' progress

Read 2088 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Owen making 'excellent' progress
      Dec 31, 2006 08:31:34 pm
      Skysports.com

Michael Owen is making excellent progress in his rehabilitation from a serious knee injury, according to his surgeon Dr Richard Steadman.

The revered American operated on the Newcastle striker after he suffered a ruptured cruciate whilst on World Cup duty in the summer.

Steadman has delivered the verdict after looking at the latest scans, declaring Owen's knee to be in 'pristine condition'.

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder is reticent to put a date on when Owen could be ready to make a return but he admits to being buoyed by the latest developments.

"At worst Michael is on schedule," Roeder told the club's official website.

"He got a scan sent over to Dr Steadman in Colorado to have a look at. He looked at the scan and is absolutely delighted.

"The knee is in pristine condition. He gave Michael the good news over the telephone.

"The news about the scan this week just rubber-stamped how Michael feels about the knee in terms of stability. He feels good.

"The scan has confirmed that and will have given him great belief."

Such is Roeder's optimism with regards Owen's fitness he has even suggested the injury could help banish any lingering doubts the player holds about the hamstring problems which have plagued his career.

"Since his hamstring problems in the early days at Liverpool he has never felt he could go flat out on the accelerator," he added.

"This is the opportunity now to investigate that and strengthen that area of his body as well.

"When Michael comes back he will not only have a new knee that is working perfectly but hopefully the strength in his hamstring to get back the searing pace that used to blow you away."

I know not many of you would care but I hope he gets back into his usual routeen of playing well...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Re: Owen making 'excellent' progress
      Reply #1: Jan 04, 2007 12:15:44 am
      He's finished.  He ruined his career leaving Liverpool.

I can't wait to see his medal collection at the end of his career and compare it to Stevie G's.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jan 04, 2007 03:07:40 am
      Hmm... good point JD.
      He shouldn't of left us in the first place. Now it will haunt him for the rest of his playing days.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #3: Jan 04, 2007 12:51:19 pm
      He's finished.  He ruined his career leaving Liverpool.

I can't wait to see his medal collection at the end of his career and compare it to Stevie G's.

Exactly my thought's, he left us to win trophy's and ended up playing for the barcodes with no chance of winning anything let alone Champ's league.
      I for one, never applauded him on his return to Anfield last season, don't get me wrong, I never gave him verbals, but I couldn't welcome him back after sh1tt1ng on us.
      Yes I do hope he makes a full recovery, but he will never be the same player as he once was.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2007 01:54:22 pm
      I echo your sentiments too Mrtommo - he should haven't have gone.  I remember seeing a report on sky sports.com that when he was negotiations with Newcastle, Mr shepperd treated him like royalty - and don't forget Mr shearer had an influence on Michael's move too.

He will never be the same striker again, and if he keeps his England pleace, it's because he's "Michael Owen".
      TW*T!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Feb 04, 2007 08:51:47 pm
      I was always a fan of his (cried when he left) and was gutted his career went downhill at Real, but he seemed to be happier at Newcastle.
      Yeah he shouldn't have left, but he did, and he probably regrets it now.
      I'm not an England fan but didn't like to see him get injured like that in the WC, it was horrible :(
      Glad he is getting better.
      A lot of Welsh people though don't like him because he could've played for us but chose to play for England.. But to be fair, he probably thought "I have more chance of winning stuff with England" which is true, and fair.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Feb 04, 2007 11:16:10 pm
      He would of won more stuff playing for Liverpool, forget Ingerland and Wales. He ruined himself so don't waste any tears on St Micheal!

When Dirk Kuyt scores a goal, you can shove your Owen up your H***! And we'll all get blind drunk when Liverpool win the Cup!  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Feb 06, 2007 03:01:44 am
      Yeah, he would've won more, but at the time he thought differently - unfortunately (for him) he was wrong.

I really really loved him and cried a LOT when he left, so I will always have a soft spot for him I'm afraid :P

Quick Reply