Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool v Arsenal - Pre Match Thread

Read 36937 times
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Re: Liverpool v Arsenal - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #69: Apr 20, 2009 02:21:13 am
      My Lineup:
                      Reina
      Arbeloa Agger Carragher Insua

Mascherano
                   Alonso
      Kuyt                              Riera
                  Yossi
                          Torres

This is not exactly what i expect, but what I would like to see. Yossi will replace gerrard, and I hope to see Agger and Insua play. The more games the better for both of them. Agger could leave, so its better we play him, and Insua just needs to keep developing.

First goal will be vital. I think if we score before half time, we'll win 3-0. Otherwise, 1-0 edgy win or even a 1-1 or 0-0 draw. Could be way off though, you never know.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #70: Apr 20, 2009 02:48:03 am
      To be honest, I'd rather see Fabio Aurelio take the left back position. He's been playing well and has experience playing against the other big 4 members.

Come on reds!
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #71: Apr 20, 2009 03:28:35 am
      good team Joey, but I'm thinking that fabio will take the left back position, apart from that let's hope Rafa see's it the same.

Come on You Mighty Reds

YNWA
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #72: Apr 20, 2009 03:30:41 am
      If we play like we did against 'no history fc' then there will be no problem, adebayor is always in offside position (i know this cos my girlfriend is an arse fan) and of course i always mess her with this knowing that we always play with the offline trap, so i guess that there will be no problem for us to get rid of the gooners once again, please please the ones who go to anfield this tuesday sing out loud just for me that i am so far away but my heart is always pounding red!!

we will never walk alone
      justice 96
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #73: Apr 20, 2009 08:05:49 am
      We must contain Walcott, whom I think is the biggest threat to our defence on Tuesday. I hope Rafa has plans for that.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #74: Apr 20, 2009 08:57:27 am
      I'd like insua to come back for this one, Arsenal had a punishing game against Chelsea but they have the capability to hurt us on the counter. Arshavin will need watching, he only played for 20mins against the chavs. 3 - 0 to us, we are the ones with the energy and we should make it count...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #75: Apr 20, 2009 09:21:14 am
       No surrender now that we have come this far,it is vital that we get the 3 points.Arsenal are not usually a defensive side so we need to put the ball in the net when we get the opportunity.I am sure RAFA will have the lads ready to show their skills to bring number 19 one step nearer.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #76: Apr 20, 2009 11:15:07 am
      Obviously this is the big one of whats left, and i'm pretty sure we'll do the job needed. We've got to cut out Fabregas and Walcott and then i think we will control it. Hopefully they'll be a bit tired after the weekend. Yeah Stebie's out but nowadays we are much more capable of performing without him, i thnk Yossi will start higher up coz we need Kuyts energy to track their full back. Same high tempo start and i think it will be 2-0 to the redmen, but that early , first goal is vital .. again. Come on boys we're in the home straight , keep the pressure on and United will crack.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #77: Apr 20, 2009 11:31:20 am
      I know it never works like this, but Liverpool beating Arsenal will force United to stay on their toes and not allow them much room to breathe when it comes to the Champions League semi-final with Arsenal.

I'm sure Arsene Wenger doesn't want Ferguson to be in the position of 'resting' players in the Premier League to face him in the Champions League?

Just a thought.

This game is going to be difficult, without Gerrard again we're up against it.  But I'm confident the players can rise to the occassion.  Let's hope the fans really help the team now that we're in the final run in.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #78: Apr 20, 2009 12:13:19 pm
      This game is going to be difficult, without Gerrard again we're up against it.  But I'm confident the players can rise to the occassion.  Let's hope the fans really help the team now that we're in the final run in.

It'll be very difficult, there's no doubt about it. When playing against one of the top sides, I don't think recent form really counts, it can just go one way or the other, as each team has enough class throughout.

Does anyone else think the fact that this is being played on a Tuesday night influence the result at all?

Surely the match will have more of a "Champion's League" atmosphere, as there will be far less daytrippers compared to a weekend match?

Just a thought.
      zzlamezz123
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #79: Apr 20, 2009 01:14:28 pm
      Does anyone else think the fact that this is being played on a Tuesday night influence the result at all?

Surely the match will have more of a "Champion's League" atmosphere, as there will be far less daytrippers compared to a weekend match?

Just a thought.
      Well I really hope it does have an ''Champion's League'' atmosphere. One more good point of playing on the Tuesday night is that the Liverpool players have extra days rest compared to Arsenal. Our players should be fitter then theirs.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #80: Apr 20, 2009 01:47:02 pm
      Hope Rafa prepare them really well for this match. The master technician at work. We have a lot of time to prepare for this since we are out of the FA cup. Rafa will play our best 11 players, don't really care who is playing as long as we win.

We must keep up the pressure and I think the Devils will crack. They did it once, no reason why they can't do it again now that they have lost their 1st cup this season. Hopefully they will only end up with the Carling Cup & the World Club Champion (The mickey mouse cup).  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The look on Fergi face will be fantastic. Thay are too greedy, trying to win all 5.

Go for broke, Reds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #81: Apr 20, 2009 02:05:05 pm
      Just heard on the radio, that Van Persie and Adebayor are out of tomorrow's game with injuries.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #82: Apr 20, 2009 02:12:07 pm
      Just heard on the radio, that Van Persie and Adebayor are out of tomorrow's game with injuries.

Nothing on there official site about that but they probably wouldn't want anyone knowing till tomorrow anyway. Personally wengar will rest a few cause 4th place is pretty secure and this is there 3rd game in 6 days. Still there kids are always a bit handy. But we'll win this one 3-0 to the reds.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #83: Apr 20, 2009 02:16:03 pm
      I would go for

Reina
      Arby             Carra                 Skrtel           Aurelio

Masch
                                     Alonso
      Kuyt                                                        Riera
                            Benny
                                         Torres

I would rather have Aurelio than Insua,Aurelio has kept the likes of Ronaldo and Robben "in his back pocket",and im sure he can do the same against Wallcott.This is really going to be a tough encounter but im going with a 2-1 win to LFC.               
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #84: Apr 20, 2009 02:18:07 pm
      I hope its true,there 2 biggest players out.Wonderful news.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #85: Apr 20, 2009 02:22:55 pm
      Arsenal strike duo Adebayor and Van Persie to sit out Anfield trip

By Mirror.co.uk 20/04/2009

Arsenal will be without leading scorer Robin van Persie (groin) and striker Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring) for tomorrow's trip to Liverpool.

However, full-back Bacary Sagna has recovered from a virus and could feature at Anfield, along with fit-again Croatia forward Eduardo.

Despite his Wembley nightmare in Saturday's FA Cup semi-final, Lukasz Fabianski will again deputise in goal for Manuel Almunia (ankle), while defenders Gael Clichy (back), William Gallas (knee) and Johan Djourou (knee) are all sidelined.

Team (from): Fabianski, Sagna, Toure, Silvestre, Gibbs, Arshavin, Song, Fabregas, Walcott, Bendtner, Eduardo, Mannone, Eboue, Nasri, Diaby, Vela, Denilson, Ramsey.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/04/20/arsenal-strike-duo-adebayor-and-van-persie-to-sit-out-anfield-trip-115875-21292526/

Interesting I must say. Any Arsenal team without Van Pirece and Adebayor is Welcomed. We can crush these cats.
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #86: Apr 20, 2009 02:40:48 pm
      Arsenal will be without leading scorer Robin van Persie (groin) and striker Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring) for the trip to Anfield.

ooh yea roll on tomorrow
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #87: Apr 20, 2009 02:47:58 pm
      With Arsenal missing Van Persie and Adebayor it does give us alot better chance but they are still going to give us a good fight and I still think it will be a pretty tough match tomorrow night
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #88: Apr 20, 2009 02:58:24 pm
      My team for tomorrow:
      Reina
      Arbeloa - Carragher - Agger - Aurelio
      Alonso - Mascherano
      Kuyt - Benayoun - Babel
      Torres

Subs: Cavalieri, Skrtel, Insua, Riera, Lucas, Dossena, N'Gog

I'd put Babel in simply for more pace, that Benayoun doesn't have compared to Steve G. With all of Arsenals injury problems this team would be more then capable of beating them. 3-0. Easy win.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #89: Apr 20, 2009 03:11:55 pm
      With v.Persie and Adebayor OUT, this represents the best chance at the best time to face them, suddenly.

After that Villareal game they seemed to look like the team of the moment, but having crumbled against Chelsea and now having their 2 frontmen out, surely a less a headache for our defenders.

Looks like things point to our 19th league title after all.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #90: Apr 20, 2009 03:39:10 pm
      We usuall start slowly after a short break with no game so we need to be patient for the first 30 mins. Can you imagine if we turn them over big style what old whisky nose will say about fielding understrength teams. It will give him another opportunity to demonstrate his pure arrogance. I think the Hillsborough Service will have touched players like Alonso, Torres and Mascherano and I expect them to be up for this one bigtime.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #91: Apr 20, 2009 04:11:57 pm
      Not to mention Fabianski is very nervy in goal.

Ours for the taking, boys.

Quick Reply