Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 26th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Thierry Henry (Arsenal) - (Now off to Barca)

Read 16514 times
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • Everywhere leads to somewhere
      Re: Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
      Reply #69: Jun 12, 2007 03:21:11 pm
      Lets hope so. :soccer_h4h: :soccer_h4h: :soccer_h4h:
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #70: Jun 13, 2007 09:47:42 am
      Bit of bad news on the Henry front.

Talksport have just announced that the French football site Francefootball.fr have announced that Henry has agreed in principal to move to Barcelona.

Sorry about the poor translation but that's google for you

The French attacker found an agreement with Barcelona on the basis of contract a three year old for what can become the transfer of the year. Still miss the green light of Arsenal where it had prolonged until 2011. “Henry very close to Barcelona”, it is what reveals France Football in its number to appear this Tuesday. In the article of Paco Aguilar, the correspondent of Bi-hebdo in Barcelona, appears a beam of indices incentive to think that the arrival of the attacker of Arsenal in Spain seems from now on imminent. After the recent declarations of international French who let plane a doubt about his future at the “Gunners”, an important stage was reached last week at the time of the meeting between the agent of the player, Jerome Anderson and the sporting director of Barça, Txiki Beguiristain. An agreement would have been reached at the end of this exchange between the two parts, on the basis of contract of three years (more one year in option) and incomes of ten million euros per season, superiors of almost 40% with those currently touched by Thierry Henry in Arsenal. If the transfer appears in very good way, all the questions are not solved for as much. It is not at all in the intention of the English club to let leave its striker high-speed motorboat under contract until June 2011 without requiring a strong sum. The year spent, it had been question of 40 million euros; today, with the approach of about thirty, Thierry Henry always represents much money, and it is not known as only the 25 million euros that Barcelona wants to propose in Arsenal is sufficient. The business which had failed one year ago in any case left well to be concluded this time, as of the moment when the French is decided to break the bond with Arsenal which it had joined in 1999.
      Sorry but nowTalksport have announced Henry's agent has categorically denied the press release on the site to the point that they are considering legal action.
      And as I post this Talksport now report Henry's agent has spoken out about the article and has categorically denied it to the point that they may consider legal action.

Sorry about that

I saw on SSN that his Agent is going to sue this magazine for publishing this crap as it is not true
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #71: Jun 13, 2007 11:34:29 pm
      He came out and said he has no idea where these stories are coming from!

He needs to get out of Arsenal though! Needs to come to a big club up here! Listen to your wife Terry! She knows best!  :laugh:
      wodney69
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #72: Jun 14, 2007 07:05:53 pm
      call me stupid,...but since thers so much transfer speculation going on, would someone mind telling me where thierry henry came in to the equation???  .......................o r isit one ov those stupid "never gonna happen" gay rumours????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #73: Jun 15, 2007 10:53:40 am

You're stupid ;D

No, the reason there's speculation about Henry is because someone's putting some serious money on him coming here,the odds have shortened from 12-1, to last time I checked 9-4. The fact that Arsenal haven't mounted a serious challenge for three seasons now, David Dein's dismissal, and the fact that Wenger's likely to be off next season have all given Henry itchy feet, but apparently his wife has said she doesn't want to leave England. Add that to the fact that he's talked about his admiration for our fans before, and actually said if he didn't go to Arsenal he would've loved to come here, and you have the reason people are speculating.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #74: Jun 15, 2007 06:00:47 pm
      That link was from 10 days ago.
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #75: Jun 16, 2007 06:07:47 pm
      Henry would be great even though when i watch him i want to punch his arogant little face he isn't just confident he is arrogant nae me another player who doesn't even celebrate when he scores so many times i have seen him do this! But i wouldn't care if he did that 20 times when and if he scores for us if he joins but i don't feel it will happen.
      costello-2k7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #76: Jun 16, 2007 06:55:31 pm
      Henry would be a top class buy
      But i highly doubt it will happen because if he leaves Arsenal he wont stay in the premiership
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #77: Jun 16, 2007 10:25:35 pm
      i know this 'Henry to Liverpool' rumour has been running since january if not longer, but i've heard from a few sources that Henry has spotted at Melwood within the past couple of weeks & has bought a house in Allerton
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #78: Jun 17, 2007 01:04:42 am
      I know this 'Henry to Liverpool' rumour has been running since january if not longer, but I've heard from a few sources that Henry has spotted at Melwood within the past couple of weeks & has bought a house in Allerton

Please tell me Allerton is a bordering suburb nr Anfield ???
      liverpool07
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #79: Jun 17, 2007 11:15:27 am
      I don't think he will come.

There are no French players at Liverpool so he won't feel at home.
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2007 03:51:05 pm by JD, Reason: Tidied up »
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #80: Jun 17, 2007 11:41:46 am
      even though theres alot of talk about it on football-rumors.co.uk....i doubt he will come...if he leaves arsenal, i dont think he'll come to any other EPL side.
      BUT, i would love to have him down at anfield...
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #81: Jun 17, 2007 11:44:06 am
      even though theres alot of talk about it on football-rumors.co.uk....i doubt he will come...if he leaves arsenal, i dont think he'll come to any other EPL side.
      BUT, i would love to have him down at anfield...

Football rumours? That has to be the biggest load of sh*te. It's just so comical with what they come up with.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #82: Jun 18, 2007 02:28:17 am
      thanks Court_LFC....
      the info they post on football-rumors.co.uk is very contradictory...
      where else can you get transfer news from?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #83: Jun 18, 2007 07:23:11 pm
      thanks Court_LFC....
      the info they post on football-rumors.co.uk is very contradictory...
      where else can you get transfer news from?

I can give you good transfer news, call me on 09017 250 650 (calls cost £6.00 per minute)

:D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #84: Jun 18, 2007 07:53:53 pm
      I can give you good transfer news, call me on 09017 250 650 (calls cost £6.00 per minute)

thats prob some poor buggars phone number Ed  :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #85: Jun 18, 2007 09:59:27 pm

:lmao:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #86: Jun 22, 2007 07:17:41 pm
      Just seen some breaking news on SSN, a Spanish radio station report that Thierry Henry has signed for Barca on a 4 year deal.
      This is the same radio station that first reported Beckham signing for Real 4 years ago.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #87: Jun 22, 2007 07:46:18 pm
      You're not wrong there tommo mate!

From sky sports news:

Barcelona claim they have agreed a £16million fee for Thierry Henry.

Reports in Spain have emerged suggesting the Arsenal striker has signed a four-year deal with Barcelona.
      Cadena Ser radio, the station that broke the news of David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane's moves to Real Madrid, have stated that Barcelona will pay €24million (£16million) for the Arsenal forward.

The station, which quotes Barcelona officials, says Henry has already put pen-to-paper on a contract spanning until 2011.

Link here
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #88: Jun 22, 2007 08:45:30 pm
      Gutted about this too be honest.  Even though I knew we didn't have a chance...at one point I thought it was on, with all the rumours and bookies ect.

Arsenal would never have sold him to a Prem team and in truth I don't think Henry would have joined another English team as that would have been the biggest kick in the teeth for the gooner fans.

Let's just hope we get Torres now...i've got a horrible feeling with all this stalling, will end up with nothing!  Just pay the asking price!!!!!!!!!!!!1
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #89: Jun 22, 2007 11:48:16 pm
      You're not wrong there tommo mate!

From sky sports news:

Barcelona claim they have agreed a £16million fee for Thierry Henry.

Reports in Spain have emerged suggesting the Arsenal striker has signed a four-year deal with Barcelona.
      Cadena Ser radio, the station that broke the news of David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane's moves to Real Madrid, have stated that Barcelona will pay €24million (£16million) for the Arsenal forward.

The station, which quotes Barcelona officials, says Henry has already put pen-to-paper on a contract spanning until 2011.

Link here

16 million and we are bidding for Torres for 27.

Would of prefered Henry...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,342 posts | 4963 
      Reply #90: Jun 22, 2007 11:53:03 pm
      16 million and we are bidding for Torres for 27.

Would of prefered Henry...

Agree Court Barca have a bargain there. I know Henry is older than Torres but at 29 he is hardly over the hill. I just can't believe Arsenal will let him go for £16M.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #91: Jun 23, 2007 12:38:25 am
      Agree Court Barca have a bargain there. I know Henry is older than Torres but at 29 he is hardly over the hill. I just can't believe Arsenal will let him go for £16M.

I know it annoys me that Rafa has batted a blind eye on this one.  Not in the best of moods at the moment.

If Darren Bent is valued at 17m but Henry is leaving Arsenal for Barca for a fee of 16m.  Really gets on my tits.

Quick Reply