Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Taye Taiwo (Marseille)

Read 9536 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Taye Taiwo (Marseille)
      Reply #46: Jul 09, 2009 07:50:33 pm
      Ok on the first point. yes players would want to play against him to say they have, but I don't think many would say they would want to face him week in week out.

He wouldn't be facing him week in week out though. Infact there is every chance he might come up against him the same amount of times if he comes here in the Champions League as if he goes to Spain.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #47: Jul 09, 2009 09:14:30 pm
      Ok you say that, then why are people saying he is running away from Messi? Seriously, I think its blown out of proportion everyone saying hes running away from Messi.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #48: Jul 09, 2009 10:06:53 pm
      Taiwo is class on Pro Evo.. and from what I have seen and heared of him... he's a good player. Maybe worth a go for a reasonable price. How long is Aurelio out for? I heared it was a fair amount of time. Looking at left back area .. Dossena (has his days certainly) may be on his way out though.. Insua is a very promising lad still very young, Aurelio top player but suffers with injury.. Arbeloa could fill in there he does for Spain. Not to sure but Taiwo looks a decent player
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #49: Jul 09, 2009 10:12:50 pm
      Ok you say that, then why are people saying he is running away from Messi? Seriously, I think its blown out of proportion everyone saying hes running away from Messi.

I'm not. Although it does sound slightly soft.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #50: Jul 09, 2009 10:14:32 pm
      Would like to have him.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #51: Jul 12, 2009 10:24:54 pm
      He may have been misquoted or it's bad translation.
      He's not afraid of Messi. He just thinks that Messi's qualities can make a mockery of any defender, and he doesn't want that.

P.S.
      Messi's "strength" is his balance, because he has a low center of gravity and quick feet.
      chardy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 04, 2009 07:52:37 pm
      i think he would be a good buy, not too expensive and personally i think he'd be challenging Aurelio for a first team place, and i definitely think we need a new left back before the start of the season especially with Aurelio being injured, which leaves us Insua for left back, which doesn't give me a great deal of hope, plus Taiwo, would be stronger than both of them! would like to see him arrive!!
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2009 10:54:31 pm by ayrton77, Reason: spell checked »
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #53: Aug 05, 2009 12:12:41 am
      He can also cover for Riera, although I don't know how good his crossing is. He really excels in speed, power, shooting and tackling, in that order.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #54: Aug 05, 2009 12:19:00 am
      I wouldn't mind him as we only have Insua and Dossena at LB as Aurelio is injured but i think it is time for Insua to step up so not sure.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #55: Aug 05, 2009 11:22:35 am
      Aurelio is friggin' out for another 2 weeks apparently, it isnt the end of the world.

Sell Doss and leave be.

Quick Reply