Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

King Kenny in Benitez talks

Read 16535 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Re: King Kenny in Benitez talks
      Reply #92: Apr 22, 2009 04:10:52 pm
      I'd Be Happy To Help The Club I Love - Kenny

Kenny Dalglish today admitted he would relish a return to working for Liverpool Football Club. 
      The Kop legend has been linked with an emotional return to Anfield to take up a role within the club's hierarchy, and says he'd be delighted to lend a hand if required.

Dalglish told LFC Magazine: "I was as far removed from the weekend's speculation about me returning to a role at Liverpool Football Club as it was possible to be, relaxing with the family at Loch Lomond in Scotland. That's not to say that the Sunday paper stories and TV debate escaped me.

"All I can say at the moment is what I've said many times in this column; if I can help Liverpool Football Club in any way, shape or form then I'm in. That's not a new revelation.

"If I can be of help to the club I love in any capacity then I'm more than happy to play any part that I can. If the manager or the people running the club think there's a role for me then I'll fill it happily.

"Similarly, if the club think the best thing for the club is for me to stay out of the way then I'm not going to take offence at that either.

"At the moment, there's not much more that I can say other than that if and when there's anything to say to the supporters - the people who keep this club alive - then they will be the first to know."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164114090422-1313.htm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #93: Apr 22, 2009 05:07:16 pm
      ....................... and from BBC Sport today 15.00 Wednesday April 22nd 09.

Dalglish Open to Liverpool Return

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish says he has not been approached about returning to Anfield but admits he would be happy to take up a role with his old club.

Dalglish, who won eight League titles in 14 years with the Reds as player and manager, had been linked with a role overseeing Liverpool's youth set-up.

He told LFC magazine: "If I can be of help to the club I love in any capacity I am more than happy to help.

"But, if the club wants me to stay out of the way, then I won't take offence."

The 58-year-old said he had seen and heard the speculation about him being offered a post.

That ll Do.
      On ya knees ya all !
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #94: Apr 22, 2009 05:50:28 pm
      So Daglish claims not having been approached?
      This is just media rumour?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #95: Apr 22, 2009 07:34:34 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #96: Apr 22, 2009 07:35:35 pm
      Sorry. Its showing a 404.
      The text is above
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #97: Apr 22, 2009 08:21:49 pm
      That to me suggests that no talks have actually happened, but Dalglish is merely keeping things open.

Wish it was happening but I'm unsure whether anything will. Once again, fingers crossed!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #98: Apr 22, 2009 08:58:30 pm
      Hope he comes back

Its sickening to think he left and how badly the club suffered after, thats not a dig at King Kenny... But just imagine  :O)
      DeusEx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #99: Apr 24, 2009 02:33:09 pm
      Mods, I'm not sure where to put this or whether it has been mentioned anywhere else.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/24/digger-matt-scott-liverpool-rafael-benitez

Liverpool may end up paying dearly for Benítez's power

Rafael Benítez's control over the transfer policy at Liverpool this summer will extend even to negotiating the minutiae of players' wage demands.

Benítez, whose stifling of players' independence includes ordering from the touchline how they must take free-kicks, has been handed the sweeping new powers under the terms of the five-year contract he signed last month.

Although Tom Hicks said the overall budget will be dictated to Benítez by the owners, insiders say transfer talks will be entirely the manager's preserve.

It is a big win for Benítez, who has in the past been frustrated at the pace of negotiations. But while he has the blessing of Hicks and his co-owner, George Gillett, there are concerns within Anfield that his freedom goes too far.

With a pre-season tour to Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand in July, Benítez will have little time in which to haggle fees with other clubs and thrash out terms with the players, and it is likely to lead to more expensive transactions.

After Rick Parry, who has previously conducted transfer business for Liverpool, leaves the club in May, there will be no one at Anfield with the experience to act as Benítez's proxy once he departs on the pre-season tour.

And there is a suspicion that this could lead to one of Benítez's entourage, rather than any club official, talking the transfer turkey.

I'm not sure about the neutrality of Mr Scott, but this article although speculative and looking like another of those anti Rafa garbage, brings in few interesting points.

I don't think that Rafa would like to go into every small details about a players contract. It would too much of a burden. But since Parry going in summer and nobody else with that much of experience, I think Rafa would like to have someone like King Kenny in for a big role.

As his times as Liverpool manager Kenny bought some excellent players, both established ones as well as talented young players. With the knowledge of game Kenny possess, ability to spot and groom young talent, Rafa would have thought that there is nobody better than Kenny to take up a role like Director of Football. If all the speculation regarding Kenny is true then I believe that Kenny will not only take up some role in youth development, but will also liaise closely with Rafa and scouts in finalizing new signings.

I may be wrong here, but still think that it's a possibility.
      DeusEx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #100: Apr 24, 2009 02:52:43 pm
      Great News!!!!!!!!!!!

RAFA KEEN ON KENNY RETURN

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164141090424-1415.htm

Rafa Benitez today confirmed he has spoken to Kenny Dalglish about a potential return to Liverpool for the Anfield legend.
      Dalglish has been linked with a role in the club's hierarchy and earlier this week the legendary number seven admitted he would relish the chance to return to the Reds.

"I have had conversations with him and he is happy to help the club in any way," Benitez told his weekly press conference at Melwood.

"We are still talking and it is very positive."

The Reds will turn their attentions to on the field matters tomorrow when they take on Hull City at the KC Stadium.

Liverpool go into the game having conceded eleven goals in their last four matches and Benitez admits the statistic is cause for concern.

"It's difficult because we were playing against very good teams," said the Anfield boss.

"Chelsea and Arsenal are teams who are offensive and can score goals against anyone. You have to be worried if you conceded four, but it was against good teams.

"If we can find the same level we had before in defence and keep the same level we have now in attack it will be perfect.

"Against Arsenal, we made three individual mistakes and each of them cost us a goal. Sometimes it's not down to luck.

"For the fans these games are good, but for a manager it means something is wrong."

Phil Brown's side held Liverpool to a 2-2 draw in the fixture at Anfield earlier this season. The Tigers raced into a two goal lead before Steven Gerrard struck twice to draw the Reds level.

The skipper will sit out tomorrow's encounter having also missed the last three games with a groin injury. However, Benitez has been delighted with the performance of his squad in the absence of the 28-year-old.

He said: "It is very positive that we have done well without him. It means we have quality in the squad. The confidence without Stevie is still high, which is really good."

Benitez is anticipating another testing battle with the Tigers.

"It will be a very difficult game against a team who are strong and play with determination," he added.

"We know we have to approach the game thinking about winning. It will be very difficult, but this is the Premier League.

"We are in a very good position because we have done a lot of things. Maybe we could be better because we have made some mistakes, but that is part of the game."

Benitez was also quizzed by reporters about potential summer signings, but the Liverpool chief refused to be drawn on talk of any potential targets.

"It's too early - summer is too far away," he said. "We are not talking about players, we are just focusing on the league.

"All the big clubs are working hard with the scouting department. We are pleased with the progression of the squad but always you can improve."

What are they discussing. Just give him the pen and paper to sign and discuss the options later.  :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #101: Apr 24, 2009 03:47:47 pm
      He'd work for bloody free! Just hurry.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #102: Apr 24, 2009 04:16:55 pm
      What did our man say? - "I'll serve the club I love in any capacity but if they want me to stay away I won't take offence",Mr. Dalglish you're a diamond.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #103: Apr 25, 2009 06:02:23 am
      Great news to see Rafa has confirmed he is talking to king kenny. Looks like a great prospect having the former players working together with the current ones. Its like a handing over system, and its just looking great. We should bring back a few more of them to help the club because its always good to have a heritage and at least people who can speak up for the club.
      King of the Kop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      King Kenny to re-take the Reign's? can he work under Rafa?
      Reply #104: May 03, 2009 03:55:27 pm
      Kenny Dalglish possibly returning to LFC can or could he co-exist with Rafael or do you think the Yank's are just setting him up for a fall?

King Kenny is and will always be a legend in Merseyside and to be honest with you when legend's return it dont always work out for the best. Rafa CAN win us the league, if not this season then soon, Hicks/Gillett do one you goon's!

Opinion's?
      Roland G
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #105: May 04, 2009 06:07:19 am
      Rafa is emulating Shanks by building from the ground up. Instil confidence, a winning mentality and culture. That's half the equation. Pass and move to follow. We've played some absolutely quality stuff of late and the team seem to have grown in leaps and bounds this season. Moving in the right direction at speed. I'm loving every minute of it.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #106: May 05, 2009 10:09:50 am
      It's been a bit quiet the past few days hasn't it?  This can only mean one thing.  Behind closed doors, discussions on contracts.  ;)
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      King Kenny has returned
      Reply #107: Jul 03, 2009 08:01:09 am
      Source from RAWK has stated that King Kenny signed a done deal to return to the club yesterday. No more info on what role that was but if this is true then YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :oranje: :action-smiley-035: :gt-happyup: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :clap:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: King Kenny has returned
      Reply #108: Jul 03, 2009 08:04:12 am
      Lovely stuff. Not a bad start to my Friday if this is the case! :)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #109: Jul 03, 2009 08:05:55 am
       :rasp: fingers crossed!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #110: Jul 03, 2009 08:07:31 am