Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Munich

Read 1628 times
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Munich
      Apr 27, 2009 11:01:33 am
      Wonder whether the yanks still think he would have done a better job than Rafa?? :laugh:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Munich
      Reply #1: Apr 27, 2009 11:26:29 am
      Bayern part with coach Klinsmann 

Klinsmann steered Germany to third place in the World Cup in 2006
      Bayern Munich coach Jürgen Klinsmann has been sacked by after just eight months in charge at the Allianz Arena.

The German giants lost 1-0 to Schalke on Saturday, a result that leaves them third in the league and in danger of missing Champions League qualification.

They crashed out of Europe at the quarter-final stage of this year's Champions League after an emphatic 5-1 aggregate defeat by Barcelona.

Former manager Jupp Heynckes has reportedly been lined up for a return.

From the beeb..... ^^^

And to think that our yanks were wanting to replace Rafa with this joker. Just proves good footballers don't always make good managers. 1 hit wonder with the Germans.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Apr 27, 2009 11:39:54 am
      Good sh*t.

That club is a circus as long as the old guard of Hoeness Rehgl andd Beckenbauer at the helm.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #3: Apr 27, 2009 11:54:10 am
      How close we came to having Klinsmann is anyones guess but all I know is that thank **** rafa is here and not him.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #4: Apr 27, 2009 12:06:20 pm
      How did they ever thought about Klinsmann at the first place. Bayern is third, knocked out of CL humiliated, fear of losing the league title. Compared to Rafa, second in the league and fighting, knocked out of CL fighting, put fear into Fergie's heart. A good manager your a** H&G!Not even worth Rafa's shoes!
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 27, 2009 12:51:40 pm
      Probably Klinsman is a striker and his coaching or tactical decisions on the field more offensive? And the backline leaks the goal.
      With just 5 games remaining, it's rather bold to sack the manager, compare with Middlesbourough situation where they keep Southgate believing sacking him wont help anything.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #6: Apr 27, 2009 01:31:50 pm
      Just shows how poor Klinsmann is in club management. Has great players at his disposal, likes of Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Toni, Klose, Van Bommel. etc. But still not top in the Bundesliga. Poor and dismal.

Imagine if we had him as our manager I'm sure we're hovering above relegation zone or in it now. Thank F**k.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #7: Apr 27, 2009 02:56:16 pm
      This shows how stupid H&G really are in footballing sense. Not every great player is a great coach, dumba**! It takes a lot of experience and commitment. I'm sure Rafa will laugh his a** off when he heard about this! Cheers up Rafa!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #8: Apr 27, 2009 11:43:58 pm
      He is better suited for the MLS ;D. Coach LFC indeed!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Apr 30, 2009 09:51:15 am
       Hicks and Gillette had a very lucky escape,we could of been fighting relegation instead of winning the league.RAFA you are entitled to have a laugh.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #10: Apr 30, 2009 10:33:46 am
      He is better suited for the MLS ;D. Coach LFC indeed!

I see the same fate anywhere he coaches a team. This is what you get when you messes with Rafael Benitez! Haha!
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #11: May 01, 2009 11:50:15 am
      Thank god weve still got Rafa, what could have been makes me shudder!! and i havent had a good shudder for a while now! ;)
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #12: May 02, 2009 09:27:47 pm
      Thank god weve still got Rafa, what could have been makes me shudder!! and I havent had a good shudder for a while now! ;)
      Shudder away mate.Imagine if we'd been lumbered with a piss poor manager as well as two gobsh*te owners and Crusty( he'd have stayed imo if Rafa had gone).This would have been a doomsday scenario from which it would have been very difficult to recover. In my opinion, Rafa has not only made us a credible title chasing club, continues to strengthen the first team squad and with King Kenny's help will transform our youth set up, Rafa and his team have been our saviours on many fronts. Klinsmann my arse.

Quick Reply